Auric missions difficulty increase

The increase in difficulty in Auric missions is palpable. I used to quickplay and get cautious players like me who did not rush forward. But now it seems everyone rushes ahead, not even looting plasteel. Then we all die alone because there is no-one around to save each other. What is going on?

5 Likes

Same here, I’ve lost every match, with everyone dying alone.

2 Likes

Online growth happened, unexpirienced players are back, while there is no way to gatekeep noobs from jumping on the highest difficulty. Also spawn director is fixed now, maps are not empty anymore.

8 Likes

I know im in the outlier camp but i havent found my games particularly hard.

5 Likes

Returning players coming back make for less skill going around the matchmaking. If you could carry before you can still carry. It’ll normalize itself quick though

4 Likes

its largely because the game got a big update and everyone is coming back so that means the bad players see the auric title or the auric based penances and try them without actually being ready or joining them in the hopes theyll be carried to a win.

that said, as an auric maelstrom player on xbox i gotta say that the difficulty right now feels a bit over the top in terms of unfairness. i very quickly go from fighting a horde with enemies that will push my skills to the max, to 3 hordes spawned on top of each other while 2 heavy patrols beeline to my squad.

i believe fatshark needs to tweak a couple things when it comes to what the director considers to be fair for an ambush/horde spawn, some of the ones we get are just crazy busted with no hope of actually winning it through skill.

3 Likes

I had a gap of about a month, and coming back I could tell I wasn’t as good as I was. Muscle memory deteriorated by playing Horizon with different slide key binds!

Probably quickly settle down again.

3 Likes

It seems fairly binary to me in terms of difficulty on auric. Either totally doable or totally impossible. Much depending on the quality of player but also the game director seems quite inconsistent, throwing out either normal auric waves or going sadistic and throwing out “practical joke” level of enemies that are so numerous that it essentially breaks the game.

I’ve definitely noticed a lot of people running ahead. I now often just write “stick together” at the start to remind people how to survive in auric.

No idea why people leave resources after finding them in a chest. Bizarre mentality.

I think the changes to the enemies mostly make it easier and the hazard is in your team. So business as usual. Rager and bulwark flash mobs were quite nerfed and they were the main headache in a build for when fecal matter hits the spinning blades.

1 Like

If anything i think its easier with the rager/bulwark change.
But yeah typical patch comes out and everyone tries to play it again.

Of course there is way to stop noobs…

Lock them behind penances for example… With one of the penances being staying in squad cohesion for 90% of the time for 10 damnation run and get through to them that sticking together is the thing to do…

Also kill all these builds that allow players to rush ahead solo and dumping everything on the players they have just screwed over.

They just need to make regular mission board to give players same rewards as auric, and auric should be just “i play it for fun”, it was like that in V2 and there was no problems with complete noobs on Cata.

Players partialy feel forced to play cause of materials players need for gacha’n’stuff we have instead of a gear progression.

3 Likes

Players do it, because most think they are better than they actually are…

Or thanks to scoreboard go off chasing kills, thinking that makes them good players. Good players are those that work as a team.

The number of times i have dropped a shield for headless chickens to run around outside or in front of it, only to go down…

Horrendous players.

1 Like

Not saying you aren’t having terrible folks play with you, but shield is like everything else in the game: situational. It’s not always the right move for everyone to stand in the bubble. It’s a big factor to consider when deciding what to do.

That said, I’m sure folks don’t even understand what the bubble does for them or are just playing dumb. Ain’t much to do about that.

Its tough, just because you’re the last man standing doesn’t necessarily mean your doing “the best”. Its all too subjective and yet, Ironically, try and be the last one standing will ya?

Man, 95% of the time when I put the shield dome down, which I try to do as near to 100% uptime as possible, people do not stay with me inside.

They run out of it immediately.

I’ve reasoned that many people simply don’t understand that the shield dome stops all enemy projectiles, including Flamers, Snipers, and Bombers, with the exception of Hounds, Mutants, and Poxbursters, but this is in Auric Maelstrom difficulty, and many of the guys I play with are level 200 or higher.

They are not beginners, so I don’t understand…

Do I smell so bad that they don’t want to stay with me inside the dome?

What gives?

But it typically is since the dome provides not just toughness regen, allowing my Psyker to tank melee units such as Ragers, but also projectile immunity, preventing a big number of deadly specials from doing anything against your team as long as you stay cozy inside of it.

As a former Veteran main, I personally think that Psyker’s dome shield is the game’s overall strongest defensive team support ability.

Well, if you want a serious suggestion then maybe your party teammates don’t want to come to a standstill every 45 seconds.

But it’s more fun to go foraging suggestions from threads on the forums recently. So with tongue firmly in cheek:

1 Melee classes going hunting for melee kills. Maybe watching you do your aoe thing is dull
2 Zealots running off to get penance back stabs
3 Veterans running off to find ammo
4 Knife zealot can’t speedrun solo the level in your bubble
5 Nobody can see well out through the bubble
6 They’re off looking for books and grimoires, not realising they don’t spawn in Maels (yet!)
7 I’ll add more via edit of they come to me!

:wink:

Sure, but you know the situations I’m talking about: facing a mixed horde with 3 snipers, a couple of flamers, and 2 bombers hogging grenades from outside of your vision while you’re busy fighting it.

Do you:

1. Go outside the dome and be hit by flames, snipers, or grenades?

Or;

1. Move with the dome placement?

On my Psyker, I arrange the domes in a moving pattern (place them instantly off CD), so that we are constantly inside one of the domes (one Psyker can have two of them up simultaniously if you have some CDR and gunners doesn’t kill the domes) as we walk forward to attack or backward’s/to the sides as we kite.

When I play as a Veteran, I always move with the Psyker, and other experienced players usually stick near to me to follow my dome placement because they too know how good the domes are.

Obviously, there are situations when you are forced out of the domes, whether by specialties (disablers) or Monstrosities, but it is truly night and day when you are paired with people that understand the dome, and success rates skyrocket when everyone is hugging the Psyker and staying close to each other.

1 Like

Im not sure the difficulty has spiked that much its just the returning players arent as good as they once were. It will even itself out here when fatshatk goes quiet untill december

Upon playing some more of this patch I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s mostly easier because nobody accepts a down anymore. By that I mean they just alt+f4 and come back with full HP when they go down, so attrition is basically gone from the game. The new auric titles seem to encourage players to do this.