Are you really using RNG in the shops, or is it something worse?

I’ve played all classes to max level now. In particular, I’d like to draw attention to the Zealot class. Or at least my character in that class. I got lucky… There’s no other way to say it… and got a Tigris 2H Chainsword at lvl 12. It was great and does lovely melee damage. It also has that slight bit of extra reach that lets me chop into enemies without them being able to reach me. Like I said, really great weapon.

…and I haven’t seen another one since. Not one.

I’m level 30 now and with hours and hours of Zealot play, I haven’t seen one of my favorite weapons. This seems really odd. Let me voice my opinion here, because once I noticed this, I started looking at other classes as well.

I feel like I’m seeing a trend in which if I like and use a certain type of weapon a lot, it doesn’t appear in the shop as often. This prevents me from having an ‘up to date’ weapon, since as you level, the weapon quality also increases: higher base stats, higher modifiers, and of course the occasional blue weapon. And once I noticed this, I started seeing it across all my characters. My veteran seems to never get a better bolter or Infantry Lazgun (at least not the type I use in that second one). I’ve been waiting for a long time for a different Voidstrike or whatever the shock staff is called on my Psyker. And the Ogryn? …heh.

Is this something you’ve programmed into the game, Fatshark? Something to almost force people to use a range of weapons instead of sticking with what they enjoy/like? Because RNG can be cruel, but this feels like something on another level from just randomness. If you have done this, I… I literally have no idea if you’re trolling us players or hate us or what, considering everything else you’ve done, and NOT done with the game.

Has anyone else experienced this at all, or am I just buggin’?

I haven’t experienced this.

What I can tell you is that the blessings for the shop’s items is heavily weighted towards t1/t2 blessings, meaning (as of right now) more powerful items tend to come from greys/greens that are increased via consecration.

RNG is pretty nefarious, until you realize RNG’s ugly cousin, Weighted RNG, is just lurking around the corner.

1 Like

Yeah, most T3 blessings are from the weekly contract store or from Emperor’s Gift drops.

I’m not really concerned just yet with Blessings. More to the point, I mean I can’t even get certain weapons to appear anymore in the shops. That’s my problem atm; I would like a new Tigris with lvl 30 stats to spawn so I can upgrade to it, but so far, nothing since lvl 12.

on zealot i started using the knife, only got axes, started using the tac ax, mostly saw swords and knives, went back to knife, only saw swords and axes.
got 1 revolver at lvl 10, lvl 25 now and haven’t seen another one