Anyone pick up Helldivers 2?

For those that have, has it scratched the same VT/DT/PvE itch? Worth picking up?

1 Like

Matchmaking is still a bit shoddy. I have about 20 failed connections for every match I successfully join.
But once you get in there it’s a ton of fun. :+1:
Worth if for sure if you don’t mind some unreliable matchmaking.

1 Like

Yup, it fun little game. Much more open and seemingly less frustrating than DT. Different atmosphere though, starship troopers/terminator. If you want a Wh40k comparison it puts you much more into Imperial guardsman shoes than a hero. You are just one of many and utterly expendable :wink:

In my opinion, it is the Game of the Year for 2024!

giphy

2 Likes

for me no, but i couldnt test more than 2hrs and refunded becasuse i have really bad performace and 20frames with low settings on easy difficulty.
With higher diff, the more enemies and the lower my fps.
On top of that, i’m not so much a fan of the Starship Troopers humor and setting.

have you disabled Xplay? Should help maybe.

not different to a Reject in the Inquisition.
We are more powerfull, but we are roughly 40k years ahead in time (Starship Troopers 23rd century).

It’s been scratching my intense combat co-op itch pretty damn hard. With friends it’s a much better experience imo. Lotta speedrunners in the public lower-level games – once it gets hard enough then it’s good again.

Aside from the various launch issues, a fair few of which have already been addressed, it’s a well polished product that offers a refreshingly simple & effective progression (wouldn’t that be nice). It helps to have played the first one since a lot of the mechanics are the same, so I imagine that there’s a bit of a new player learning curve.

By feeling alone it’s an amazing experience though. The vibe is immaculate, the enemy and level design is awe-inspiring, the combat is robust, and the sheer amount of ordnance at your fingertips is absolutely savage.

I wouldn’t say it’s a direct competitor to Darktide, but in terms of my personal time and interest it’s currently winning out. Is it just that new game feel? Time will tell…

Maybe in theory, but how you feel it in game. In DT you are the hero, it is always your character, your name, your persona if you will. In HD you are nameless trooper that will be replaced by another when killed. That is what I meant. It is subtle difference but gives it a bit different vibe.

1 Like

ok agree

it’s a fantastic game, easily superior to DT in pretty much every way. it has a more addictive game play loop and the quality of pretty much everything leaves DT in the dust.

1 Like

Tried it got a refund horrible trash.

Hell Divers 2 has the skill ceiling of Checkers. Hard pass out the gate.

So far it is fun. And so far, managment and monetisation seems far more fair than Fatshark’s. So good riddance to Fatshark.

Yeah, the game is definetly worth it.

However, I suggest optimizing your FPS right after installation, as the game is badly optimized.

I found most solutions in this guide helpful for optimization (solution #3 and #5) in particular, so make sure to check out if the game is lagging or stuttering for you:

yeah ive had it for over 2 weeks now. what can i say? well ill never dis fatshark again for DARKTIDE bugs not that i ever had any real probs with their game anyway. NOW on to helldivers2 it looks a good game if it wasnt for all the really bad bugs that come with it the worst for me are the random black screen crashes that come with no error codes just just error 41 unclean shutdown in the event window. spent 2 weeks updating windows updates, checking the drivers in device manager, reinstalling GPU driver, updating BIOS the MEI firmware the ME driver. icue firmware and drivers, adnmnistrative command promt to run DSIM and sfc scan now to check for corrupt system files. Stress test the memory, CPU, GPU, PSU, logged temps, voltages currents, loads, fan behaviour nothing wrong with harware at all, in the game by default is badly optimised some of the display and gpu settings where really bad so had to fix that could cause crashes but wasnt the culprit. i double checked BIOS setting where still set to default no overclocking. i minmised apps running in the background, playing the game the error 41 crashes where random they well kind of it could crash while on the ship mid game but mostly on the extract cut scene just to let you know you get no rewards for completing the missions which meant you spend 40 min playing for absolutely nothing, so very hard for me to progress in the game because its repetative but not always just to trick you and mess with your brain. CONCLUSION im begining to think probably the problem lies with game guard nprotect. ive tried running it with administrative privlages but that didnt stop it crashing either ive checked the games file integrity nothing there ive deleted the game gaurd folder reninstalled it nothing seems to work i know the game works for some with out any of them reporting error 41 i wish i was one of them peps but unfortunely im not. so what is causing me all the grief all i can say is ive been playing AAA games for years now never come across anything so riddiculous in my time. funnly enough ive unistalled helldivers2 because i just think it shoddly coded and i want nothing to do with nprotect. since i went back to playing my old games ive had no issues with black screen of death error 41 it like everthing is the way it was before i installed helldivers 2. i’ll probably wait 6 months then try to run it again maybe they might of addressed them issues but i doubt it its a shelf game just to collect dust. arrowhead studios maybe a swedish company with a game with good presentation that has so much potential but it my opinion id pick fatshark any day over them just because of my ridiculous experience i like playing FPS games not IT simulators lols.