Any chance we can get Repentia cosmetics for Zealots?

Personally, I’d love to see the Repentia style outfits for Zealots. They’re one of my fav units, I just love the style as well as the aesthetics, and the vibe of a disgraced warrior looking to find death and glorious redemption in battle. I think it’d also be quite game lore friendly too, considering the Zealot’s background and our berserking and rushing style, with little regard for personal safety.

For reference here are some pics :

I mean, I could possibly see them not implement such cosmetics if the Repentia was considered for a class that might be released later but otherwise I think it’d be a great opportunity. I know it’d be an insta-purchase for me here, as well as some of my friends (would love to run a full Repentia team!)

6 Likes

I think it’s very unlikely that you will see those kinda outfits.

We are trying to move away from constantly objectifying women in video games like how we did in the 90s - early 00’s, although… that outfit on my male Zealot would be pretty lolz.

But yeah, Repentia is another of those situations where a great Game brand is dragged down by nerdy overweight desperate single men in their 40s, wanting waifu material in their grimdark fantasy world.

I don’t want to hate, but I really find it off-putting, sad and overall disgusting.

It’s one thing when hormonal teenage boys does it, but when they are 40+ then it’s just really sad.

The ideology of Repentia is cool, but they don’t have to be nude to concey that ideology.

No armor plates and fully clothed armor and you have the exact idea

5 Likes

Those are Fan made

This are Repentia:

4 Likes

15 Likes

Hmm, I can see where you’re coming from, but what I don’t understand is why it has to be seen that way. It’s not like its the only outfit a Zealot can wear, we have other options, no one is being forced to do anything. Also as far as hormonal teenage boys and what not goes, I’m a woman in my 30s, and I enjoy sexy, whether its a cosmetic in a game or an outfit to put on, its fun and dare I say empowering even. I’m also actually not the only one in my circle who is female who enjoys pretty & sexy things.

Also as far as male models, I don’t see a problem, one of my fav Saltzpyre look has him in very skimpy attire and I haven’t really seen any complaints about it.

2 Likes

Will not happen, most modern western/eu (CDPR is still holding their ground somehow) studios are too scared to be canceled by twitter and resetera people. Dudes like this one is the reason why art is more censored and soulless nowdays.

Who cares that Warhammer is a power fantasy from 80-s era with hot chicks and buffed gigachads, inspired by Frank Frazetta alike stuff?
Also it’s a pure kek in that hypocrisy, that somehow riping people apart with chainsaw is good and allowed, but half naked woman - big no-no and bad.

9 Likes

Oh god, are doing the Femme Ogryn thread again ?

3 Likes

Also it’s a pure kek in that hypocrisy, that somehow riping people apart with chainsaw is good and allowed, but half naked woman - big no-no and bad.

Yea I find it a little frustrating, that this is being perceived like this. I honestly don’t care about the politics behind all of this. The way I see it, its all power fantasies, we might just like different things. For guys it might be to be really ripped, stoic, super enhanced heroes in power armor & huge weaponry; as a girl, I enjoy sexy and kicking ass while being sexy. I’ve never begrudged anyone of their power fantasies, I don’t see why ours should be seen as so threatening.

4 Likes

Because someone thinks, that objectification in video games and movies will certainly lead to abuse in real life.

We also got the most iconic and badass female characters from that era, that was both strong and attractive. We will hardly see anything like that today.

6 Likes

I agree… There should be women cosmetics…

And no! There is women cosmetic excepted the shirt (naked torso)
And they have removed it!!!

2 Likes

Because gore is fun!

Is it hypocritical? It damn sure is, but you have to be careful with cancel culture nowadays. It is what it is.

The shirtless bug was pretty good for a Repentia cosplay

Yes, we are all free to have our opinions,

I have never found women who are scantily clad that attractive, but that is just my opinion.

Sometimes less is more; less skin = more mystique.

Do we really have to do mental gymastics about Repentia and Sisters of Battles? Both exist as they do because men like pretty women.

Why else do the Sisters of Battle have boob armor and skin-tight power armor, while the male Astartes look like muscular apes?

Big sweaty men beating up other big sweaty men and sexy violent women = male fantasy.

I am not saying there’s anything wrong with that. What I am saying is that I think it’s good that western games are starting to get away from ONLY having that kind of design for women.

I have said it before:, I want Alice Hallowette’s (or however her name is spelled) outfit for my male zealot.

That outfit is sexy

Neither Sigourney Weaver in Aliens (except for that knickers scene) and Linda hamilton in Terminator were scantidly clad and they are two of the sexiest women ever.

Looking like a prostitute does not = sexy.

1 Like

the newer models don’t “look like prostitutes” they have shorts and a tank top ( basically looks like the no shirt bug that was present not so long ago), they are basically the 40k equivalent of a Dwarf slayer, so it makes sense they don’t wear alot.

4 Likes

And there is a reason to why they now have shorts and a tank top/sports bra instead of looking like prostitutes or Red Sonja’s like they did in the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s.

Time’s change.

2 Likes

I was not talking about the older models , so i do not see how this is relevant to my post.

That was more directed towards the OP

Doubt there is going to be sister of battle skins for anyone.

Having a sister as a playable character with repentia as one of her careers is obviously to good an income source to give up on.

2 Likes

I have never found women who are scantily clad that attractive, but that is just my opinion.

…and that’s alright, you have yours and I have mine.

Big sweaty men beating up other big sweaty men and sexy violent women = male fantasy.

I really can’t speak for male fantasy, I’m not a male. I’m a female, a child of the 90s and I have my own power fantasies, so please stop lumping me into that.

I am not saying there’s anything wrong with that. What I am saying is that I think it’s good that western games are starting to get away from ONLY having that kind of design for women.

I don’t get what’s wrong with guys getting something similar, I never said I was opposed to it. As I mentioned before, there’s a skimpy Zealot look for Saltzpyre which I absolutely love and as far as I can tell he’s a man.

I have said it before:, I want Alice Hallowette’s (or however her name is spelled) outfit for my male zealot.

Again, that’s alright, no one is taking away these outfits or forcing you to have to chose between something more conservative or something skimpy. We actually already have such conservative garbs. I don’t get why that same regard is not true the other way, I was only asking for the choice. No one is taking anything away from you.

Looking like a prostitute does not = sexy.

If that’s meant to be a jibe at my choice or fantasies, I honestly don’t know what’s with the hostility. No one is oppressing you or forcing you to dress skimpy, I just asked vice versa, that I be not forced to go with a conservative look always. If such a sentiment offended you, then my apologies.

7 Likes

Having a sister as a playable character with repentia as one of her careers is obviously to good an income source to give up on.

That would actually be more preferable to me of course, haha! I’d love a Repentia or straight up Sister of Battle class!

3 Likes