Continuing this discussion Trait/Property rework suggestion
We all have flamed this cursed heretical rerolling system, and posted a whole bunch of suggestion BUT, if we want Fatshark to change it, I think we simply need to ask again, to remind them that this is still an issue and there are still solutions.
The easy way would be to pick what propertie you want to reroll, but that would still be a bit messy.
Let’s take it one step further, altho this would require to change the UI of these part of the Forge.
SYTEM IDEA 1
• When you want to reroll properties, you chose the property you want to change, and select the one you want it to be turned to. This still cost dust as usual. The property isn’t changed right away, but you are instead given a Quest, depending on the targeted property (see below). Completing the quest will award you with the wanted property on the item, with a random %.
SYTEM IDEA 2
• Along with Dailies quest are now Dailies forge contract. These are the same Quest as the system above, but generated daily and randomly, and granting a property shard. You can then use the property shard with some dust in the forge to change the property of your item.
• Attack speed : Hit X ennemies.
• Crit chance : Deal X crit.
• Crit power : TBD
• Stamina : Block X attack.
• Block Stamina Cost : TBD
• Push/Block Angle : Push X ennemies.
• Stamina recovery rate : TBD
• Health : Heal X damage.
• Power vs : Deal X damage to something.
• Dmg reduction vs : TBD
• Cooldown reduction : Use X times your ability.
• Curse resistance : Be under a Grim effect for X minutes.
• Movement speed : Travel X meters.
• Respawn speed : TBD
• Revive speed : Revive X allies.
COMPARISON AND MISC STUFF
• Quest are, imo, a great way to give players a reason to keep playing and coming back, even if they are a bit RNG based like in the system 2 (Plus they’re daily and you can swap them).
• Trait will keep their rerolling system, first because they are neither a random percentage nor a combination of two variables, therefore it’s overkill to do a quest to have the targetted trait, a few rerolls usually suffice.
• There won’t be a way to improve the percentage of the current property, simply because this would completely negate red item. Yes I know they are rare and all, but giving an easy way for exotic to achieve veteran item strength would be dumb
• The second system is more RNG based than the first one, but would require way less work I think.
• A alternate good way for Fatshark to make the first system work without adding too much bugs, would be :
When the player pick the item/property and is given the quest, the reward of the quest become the item with the good property, and the former item is taken out of the inventory. This isn’t very user friendly, but can avoid some bugs.
• Counter productive quest like “Take X damage from something” or “Die X times” shouldn’t exist, the main point of Vermintide must remain finish the level.