Activating weapons?

From the chainsword and the power sword I had assumed that their alternate fire option is their primary function. Like a power sword is always switched on. But having to activate it every couple of seconds while being surrounded is pretty annoying.

The lasgun has a flashlight but at the moment I don’t see why I can choose to turn it on or off. To add sense to that feature, the light should interact with the environment:

• if there is no light, using the flashlight is a must; I read that something like dark map missions will be coming up in the future and that is a good usw for the flashlight. I am curious how others can see in the dark though.
  • if there is nebula, a bright light is actually a problem in real life as the nebula reflects too much light and blinds you. In Darktide the visibility is down as before; I still prefer to turn the light on.
  • enemies seem to be unaware of the flashlight. In Left4Dead the enemies noticed the light and some where aggravated by it. It seems kind of odd that we can blaze in and light up the place, shoot some enemies and other enemy groups still stand there, watching that scenario until we start attacking them too or get much closer to them.