A Weapon Grind Suggestion that won't Compromise Fatshark's Vision

Okay, so clearly FS wants people to grind for weapons. So why not just make loop this into gameplay even more? Let us find weapons in missions. Not switch to them; it’s just a “mystery” weapon, wrapped up in a cloth or something. Or maybe a case. It could be instanced, the way scraps of art were in VT2 - and about as common - or it could just be “one person picks it up, everyone gets a weapon”.

At higher difficulties it should give players a reasonable chance to get a decent weapon. After the game, they can be presented to you as spoils or war, or have a little opening animation, whatever.

This does not ruin the system that Fatshark clearly wants, but would help alleviate the pain of waiting months or even a year or more to just get a usable version of a weapon you really like.

If players are getting 2-4 decent shots at a weapon of the appropriate power level every mission, it would improve the odds of getting that one they want with the right stats rolled. Tweak as needed/liked. Also would make treasure hunting have more surprises.

1 Like

Workable enough. If you’re gonna randomize things, you need very high levels of loot.

That’s a sweet idea!

I’d be so happy if this borrowed more ARPG stuff that I like! Imagine if specials and crushers dropped loot when you killed them. Ohhh I mso excited just thinking about it. They could even add shared loot so we all have to fight over it!! Just kidding that would be horrible lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.