This could be called a Deed rework.
Except it is not.
First off, Deeds get out.
Now a new option is tickable on Quickplay, called Nightmare mod.
Nightmare mod put you on a classic QP (same difficulty level as before), but at the start of the game, 1-3 deeds modifier a randomly rolled and applied to your run.
Finishing it grant you, either a second loot crate (double loot), either a Nightmare crate, which contain stuff, I haven’t think about it yet.
Okri’s Challenge counter for deeds will become counter for Nightmare mod.
- This is good for player finding Legend easy, it add difficulty at with a random generator.
- This is good for player farming dust or trying to get loot because they get more loot.
- This is good for new players grinding Hero Power because more loot = faster increase.
- This is good for the “We want player to play quickplay” because it’s now a tickable under quickplay, more likely to be ticked and played by casual player, and it makes party making for this mode easier (finding a group for deed is horrible).
- This is good for content adding cause you can just throw new rules and player could get them in Nightmare (mods on the Workshop could be turned into Nightmare rules, like total dark, barrel invasion, 30s lifetime, extended by kills, etc, instagib).
- Only touch a few people, but this could turn Twitch mode into a true Cataclysm (saw what I did there ?) XD
If Fatshark still want to have “deeds” lootable, they could instead put keys that allow you to chose your modifiers instead of randomly generating them.
I know this was explained a bit fast, so please ask me before overreacting <3
Hope this is a good idea, I’d play it :3