A humble request from a humble Huntsman

Would it really be as powerful? I mean just look at Trueshot volley or BH’s ult and what that does to patrols sometimes. In contrast to the first one you still have to aim and in regards to the second one you still do way less damage. And don’t forget that f.e. shields could still absorb ridiculous amounts of damage and that you currently still pull aggro. What I’m saying is both other ults are just one button actions doing high amounts of damage while as a huntsman you could do maybe more damage over time but you could as well be killed by some stray enemies. That is if you hit everything of course.

I get that it’s high risk high reward but the risk currently outweighs the rewards so heavily most of the times

Perhaps but personally i don’t see the need for him to have something like that and long duration stealth in general. Shade already is incredibly powerful with the ability to be able to pick of specific targets and that’s on melee range for 1 instance.
I do agree that huntsman does need some qol changes and some updates to his ability but long duration stealths in general just seem to brake this game more than anything. Not to mention balancing something like that (is 2-3 seconds enough or should it be 4-5 seconds) is simply problematic without even considering potions and such.

I don’t demand much, just please remove the idiotic “first shot goes up in the sky” feature. Same for animosity. Anyway, yes, there’s a workaround (mod) -disable all wobble etc., but I like how heroes move in melee, and don’t want that gone. As a result I always have to either waste 1st shot and miss/strike the body inztead of head) or wait till aiming point stabilizes. This simple fix would really help huntsman in using his ult to full extent.

1 Like

Well I disagree with that. I don’t want Huntsman to be a ranged shade because that would be stupidly broken. Which was pretty much the case before the patch and I understand why Fatshark decided to pull the trigger on that.

In my Opinion it would be totally fine to even reduce the damage boost ur change it so that it just increases Crit Chance by a bit like Veteran Rangers Ult. Yes Huntsman gets amazing passives (free Ammo, reduced reload speed and damage boost) But none of that has an immediate impact nor does it get you out of trouble. It’s essentially just a “Win-more” mechanic. If you’re in a good position it will help you wreck almost anything but why do I need an ult that only helps me if everything already goes my way?

Because Bardin gets the initial knockback and Shade gets to pass through enemies. Huntsmans Stealth only gets rid of aggro which is useless if you get cornered or surrounded. It just doesn’t really serve any purpose except in situations where you already have a lot of space to maneuver. And yes it sometimes lets you regroup or get out of a bad position but during that time you just don’t do anything useful for the team. And more often than not I get back to the team only to get killed there because i didn’t put out any damage for 6 seconds which means we were essentially down one player during a Horde/Boss/ Patrol… etc.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.