Markus Kruber / Huntsman - Severely weak by comparison to other ranged DPS

Not only is the Huntsman overshadowed due to the lackluster ranged weapon options for Kruber as a whole. But, the Huntsman in terms of their talents and especially their class ability is severely underwhelming.

The Huntsman tries to be somewhat of a genuine stealth sniper role. But ultimately fails miserably at it.

Id recommend overhauling his class ability and several of his talents to make him more viable to the team.

My suggestion?

When a Huntsman strikes an enemy from stealth it should have a long stun on whichever enemy is struck. In addition to the increase damaged and stealth.

I’d also recommend giving him a passive ammo regen talent so he can be more aggressive.

And I still don’t see how he can compete as the ranged weapons for all the other characters are superior. The Handgun is nice, but when you’re fighting huge amounts of enemies and don’t have time to aim i’d much rather see any other ranged damage dealer besides the Huntsman.

1 Like

You didn’t actually have any basis to any of your claims. Could you go to some detail?

But ultimately fails miserably at it.

Why?

more viable to the team.

He’s already a top tier pick.

ranged weapons for all the other characters are superior

Nobody can compete with his Longbow in sheer damage per shot. He can oneshot every special except chaos sorcerers (globadier needs roughly +5% power vs skaven) with a bodyshot. At any range. That’s incredible. Waystalker needs headshots, and BH is hot garbage at long range.

I’ll just leave my (frankly awful quality) clip of taking out a Legend chaos patrol here:

3 Likes

@Gorillian
I may derail the thread here - but i recently started playing and leveling with kruber (mostly champ), because i like the huntsman and his longbow.
Now - after i saw your vid - i was kinda impressed :>

Maybe i can harness a few tips/tricks from you ^^

I noticed a few things:

• A quick shot does less damage - but does it still penetrate clan-rats? That i can spam my uncharged shot into incoming hordes and penetrate a bunch of rats?
  • Is it any good, to fully charge my Shot? I noticed, that even tapping rmb and immediatly shooting does the full charged shot dmg. I only get waaaay less accuracy, if i charge up my shot completly.
  • How do i deal with the abysmal weapon-swap-speed, if i charge up my shot --> shoot --> switch to melee-weapon to block? Quick-Swaps are impossible, if i want to “quickly snipe that special out of the horde”, i end up getting hit after the shot, because he just don’t want to get his melee-weapon out!
  • What are you recommendations on the Talents and Properties on Gear?
  • Whats you personal favorite regarding melee-weapons?

I can do “just fine” with my group - but i want to be the special-sniper with my ultimate, like i can see it in your video :>

A quick shot does less damage - but does it still penetrate clan-rats? That i can spam my uncharged shot into incoming hordes and penetrate a bunch of rats?

I believe so, but I mostly stick to my halberd against trash enemies.

Is it any good, to fully charge my Shot?

No. Always fire before the zoom happens. That said you cant also fire as soon as possible. Go experiment on a dummy and you’ll see that you need to hold it for just a tiny amount of extra time to get the full damage.

How do i deal with the abysmal weapon-swap-speed

As you see in this very clip I get tagged by a marauder when I kill a Chaos Warrior in close range. Just gotta rely on dodging and teammates I suppose. However, if its a critical situation (like stormsorcerer) you can drop aggro by using the active, this gives you plenty of time swap back to melee.

What are you recommendations on the Talents and Properties on Gear?

You need power vs skaven for either the longbow or your charm so you can oneshot globadiers.
Get the decanter trait on your charm (the triple-potion), the strength lets you oneshot chaos warriors to torso, the speed lets you get 4-5 shots off, and the concentration part is just enough to get another active for the same fight.
For longbow trait I use the conservative shooter alongside the talent from skilltree so I never have to pick up ammo.

Whats you personal favorite regarding melee-weapons?

Halberd definitely. Powerful against everything.

2 Likes

I agree. Rep gun is useless. Handgun is useless. Blunderbuss is ok but it does not inflict damage to bosses. Bow is ok but has some lacks:

• zoom is non-sense;
  • it should kill sorcererd, globadiers and executioners with one charged bodyshot;
  • weapon swap is too slow or bugged;

Also his active gives us only 5 seconds.

Thanks for all the input. Appreciate it!

In generell - your posts in all the other threads are quite interessting. Keep up your good work! :slight_smile:

You get so much ammo using the longbow. I feel like picking other weapons is just foolish.

Bow is very good against bosses and specials. As we have seen, it can even take down chaos patrols.

I’m pretty sure Huntsman has the best boss damage of any class, even more than beam pyro.