A good Mercenary build?

I just want to encourage people to try out things I find enjoyable, and so far this topick was a bit of a downslide. You know, if one day you get bored of shading and pyromancing, you can always go back and try good old Kruber, a simple man with a simple big sword. Don’t turn your eyes from him, there are a lot to explore, and who knows, you may unravel something that would appeal to you.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to farm loot boxes on legend and kill hordes fast, use halberd with 3,1,1,2,3 , talents. If you want to support and use different weapons other than halberd , you pick, 3,2,3,2,3, and for range you can use blunderbuss but sacrifice taking out SV with shield for it. If you use handgun you can deal with specials easier and sv with shields but you have a limited ammo supply.

As far as breakpoints go, I use halberd and go with the power vs chaos 10% and 5% as on melee. For charm I use power vs chaos 10% and 5% as. Ranged weapons depends on what you want to use, if you take the charm I recommended and use a handgun with 10% power v chaos and 10% infantry, you can 1shot storms and leeches and for skaven you can 1 shot packmasters and gutter runners except for gasrats on legend.

Mercenary is the strongest melee in the game overall when you play him correctly.
My current build with him is the following:

Melee: Executioner Sword with attack speed/crit chance and swift slaying.
Ranged: Handgun with any stats you prefer and conservative shooter.
Necklace: anything goes here. I use HP and stamina. Any trait.
Charm: Chaos + attack speed / infantry + attack speed. Any trait.
Trinket: Crit chance + Curse resistance. Any trait.

As for skills you take anything that boosts your melee abilities.
LVL 5: Crit
LVL 10: 3% power per target
LVL 15: 15% power during activated passive
LVL 20: HP on kill
LVL 25: Cooldown reduction

Under optimal situations you will have and extra 30% power in total + whatever you put on your charm. For a grand totalt of 840 power.

Hordes melt before you with this amount of power while wielding an Executioner Sword. Stormvermins get one shotted with a charged attack to the head. Chaos Warriors die with about 3-4 headshots.
And with the lower cooldown on your shout you can use it more frequently and prevent your team from dying in harsh situations.
After testning all different options I feel this is the most comfortable one to play with.
But you have to try yourself and see what fits you best.
I personally did not like having the shout as a res mechanic. Most oftenly it meant you are never using your ulti and when you finally do use it people are not always ready for it and die instead.
While using the skill as much as possible thanks to 30% cooldown reduction felt alot better. Not to mention that kind of playstyle is more inline with making sure your team doesn’t get downed. As for the other version where you res with the shout you have to wait for people to get downed before it’s useful.

1 Like

Hey, I found this post on reddit that might help.

I use sword and shield with 2.0 percent CD reductio on crit, handgun, +30 healing effect necklace.

I also take the +30 healing effect on lvl 5. Then I take the increased hp buff for my ult.

I can use in almost every horde and buff my mates with temp hp so that they are almost always 80 percent full.

I try to get hit deliberately to charge my ult faster.

Sometimes when I get downed by alot of damage, I can instantly shout after getting revived and get myself to 80 percent temp health (thats with +20 health on my necklace).

Very fun medic/warrior build.

I wish more people would do this. This is by far my favourite mechanic in the game as you can just be like, “Oh noez! My friends are in trouble!” → Let guard down for a sec → Go Super Saiyan

This is a build I’d like to try but, yknow, green dust.

1 Like