8 x 2 = 2 ?!?!?

Depends on the weapon used. If you’d get 16 shots back every time you crit, SO every 10 damn seconds, 7s with the corresponding talent, that’s totally broken. It’s all about the guaranteed crit of BH that this is not a bug, but by design.

It doesn’t matter on which other class or weapon it procs as you don’t have guaranteed crits on them, so it’s ok as you can’t build around it, it’s just “nice to have”

FS is located and Sweden and there is a chance that they don’t have Native speakers on their team. Even if their English is far superior to most people on this forum.

How can it be that you can’t think of a reasonable explanation by yourself, use logics.
They already said it’s not a bug, why you keep crying? If you didn’t get it: Rhetorical Question.

But you can’t combine 8 single shots, which are all critical, that’s the difference. You compare apples to oranges. You ask what’s too powerful about it? Well, getting 16 shots back every damn 10s/7s and never have to pickup ammo?!
BH already has 0 problems with ammo, why you keep asking for more?

Let me still provide an answer since you took the time to call me out on something I didn’t say.
I am not crying and I am not talking about the repeater pistol change. But it does carry further implications if Hedge says that Scrounge is supposed to be action based which a.) goes against the wording, b.) goes against how it worked for EVERY other weapon in the game c.) it worked like that for more than half a year, d.) why hasn’t it been changed for all other volley weapons then and e.) does that mean that criticals are also supposed to be “action based” and therefore all shots in a volley dealing critical damage not working as intended. I entertain that these implications can be reasonably drawn from this whole affair and that it would be very good if things like that would be communicated in proper fashion. Slapping a “not a bug” sticker on it and having the community manager say he’s not sure is not proper communication.

I’ve raised the question and concerns once more and highlighted some of the inconsistencies. Hope is to get word from the designers about it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am also interested in how scrounger should interact with weapons that fire multiple projectiles and/or hit multiple targets since it doesn’t seem consistent. That being said… this was reported as a bug, Hedge asked the team and was told it’s intended, he relayed that information to us… then you say they sound like George Lucas liars that are covertly attacking the evil ranged meta because the explanation isn’t complete. I’m not saying you should feel blessed by any communication you get, but people keep asking for more communication and then attacking whatever amount they do get. Maybe we could be a little more civil in asking for clarification and not fill in the blanks of their explanation with worst case scenarios.

1 Like

Hedge is British. Most Swedish speak english from a young age. My wife for example had to take english in what would be primary school where I’m from. It’s pretty hard to find someone who doesn’t speak English in Sweden. Trust me, I’m trying to learn Swedish and every-time I talk to someone here in Swedish, they just switch up to english lol.

To be fair, none of the range characters have to worry about ammo, if they’re built properly. I think the thing that people are upset about here, is that the repeater gun is already not a first choice weapon. It is not meta… And they just gave people another reason not to use it over the repeater crossbow or normal xbow.

I am just voicing that I find it increasingly more hard to believe, especially considering that the evil ranged meta discussion has been centered around scrounger, and all of a sudden something like this happens. I am just pointing out that this is seems to coincide and what impression that might leave.
Besides, that’s not my main gripe and if it came across like that, I appologize. My main reason to put pressure on this is, like I have stated, that a non-chalant change like that has so much further reaching implications about what could or could not work as intended that I find it only fair to provide any kind of insight that goes beyond a sticker and the community manage saying he isn’t sure and is going to investigate (something that is very much appreciated btw).

No one is arguing BH. It has been established time and time again that BH is the exception, because blessed shots is stupid. Since you put it so nicely that BH has infinite ammo already, what is the issue with him having infinity^2? Nothing, because the end result is the same == he does not run out of ammo. But you fail to realize that there are two other Saltzpyre classes, which do not have interaction provided by blessed shots, where non-obscure behavior COULD make a difference. Why are you arguing for a point that makes no difference while ignoring 2/3 of the issue?

And if you bothered to read the thread I already said BH was (likely) the reason for the nerf. My answer to that is nerf BH, not the weapon, especially if you’re going to make it inconsistent with every other mechanic while doing so (prompting bug reports in the process). You have to be really myopic to start fixing individual weapons based on the fact that BH has on demand crit and most weapon traits rely on crit. The smart answer is, of course, to remove the obvious source of abusable interactions. To make this more clear: Are they going to nerf crossbow, volley crossbow, etc. because they can get stupid amounts of ammo from the same interaction? I hope not. This also shows that while the interaction might appear very strong in vacuum, it is not in context when you see that pretty much half of the Saltzpyre weapons already do that; It’s not a property of the weapon as much as it is the property of the class.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.