2 bugs in one Chaos wastes Khorne Citadel Cata run: 1) Couldn't buy boons at shrine 2) Minotaur health went from 90% to 0% in 1 second

Issue Description:
First time playing cataclysm runs in Chaos Wastes and encountered two weird bugs. I did about 5 runs with the same host in the USA. We wiped in all runs until we agreed for a final attempt and won it. But we encountered two sort of game breaking bugs, mentioned in the title.

Steps to Reproduce:
First bug: I’m not sure. It was a shrine of strife IIRC in which I got super good boons, had about 430 coins and couldn’t buy Barkskin nor Boon of Shallya. The boon got highlighted but when I did the click & hold nothing happened. Alt tabbed and the issue persisted. This is the first time I’ve ever seen such an issue and I’ve done a lot of chaos wastes run in the past 3 months.

Second bug: I’m not sure either. The first monster was a Minotaur with 3 grudge marks (can’t recall which ones) and went from 90% health to 0% health in under a second. We didn’t have heavy hitter classes with us. We were a team of a warrior priest, me as pyromancer, huntsman and sister of the thorn. The second monster was a rat ogre, and much tougher to kill (didn’t die suddenly).

One player on the team mentioned that they had seen this issue happen before a few times, that it seems to be an specific combination of grudge marks that instakills the boss after a while for some reason. I had never encountered this in hundred of runs in CW on Legend. So maybe it’s a cataclysm exclusive bug. I forgot to ask this player if this issue happened before the new patch or after.

Map Name (If Applicable):
Expedition Citadel of Eternity, Cataclysm. Shrine of Strife right before Citadel of Eternity (the map before the arena). The minotaur bug happened in the Citadel arena.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam:gotriss

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
I think the run happened between 2-3 am gmt-4 (I think this is between 5-6 am in GMT). I played for about 3 hours with 3 or 4 failed runs before this one.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

So far, once for both bugs. But I’ll be on the lookout for this if I do another citadel cataclysm run.

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
I’m afraid I have none other than my log files and my experience. Nvidia instant replays sometimes bugs exclusively with this game and either doesn’t start with the game or gets bugged after an alt tab and no longer works. I haven’t been able to solve this weird behavior in several hours but I’ve never reported it. I assume it’s a driver issue more than a vermintide 2 bug, though it’s strange that only happens in this game. Might be related to the fact it uses a launcher.

This is the first time I’ve seen either bug in CW occur. I didn’t think about taking screenshots or something as I was both desperately trying to buy boons on the shrine and during the arena fight all of us were baffled at how it died so quickly out of nowhere, but we still had to deal with all the other enemies.

Upload Console Log:
console-2023-12-20-02.20.39-ebcd2f6b-5100-4fb8-b84d-581975945a05.log (10.7 MB)

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (33.4 KB)

Thank you for looking into these strange bugs. I hope my report is useful to stop this from happening to other players.

Wait I was in this game, I was the huntsman and remembered you couldn’t buy anything at the shrine.

It’s rare and I dont know what the exact causes it but I’ve seen Monsters in the final Citadel just dying for no reason multiple times. I think the issue maybe with illusionist (it may consider the real monster an illusion and auto kills them?), I’ve also seen them die while no one was hitting them.

1 Like

An update:

I’m not sure if this is the same bug or not, but I saw the HP bar of a Spawn of Chaos behaving super weird. Also happened in a cataclysm chaos wastes run, but this time I was the host. It was a monster spawn during the chest of trials challenge “Fallen Champion’s Retinue”.

First the HP bar randomly went down (no one did damage to it) and then up again, and it wasn’t because of the healing animation. After I was downed (and everyone else was dead as well) the HP bar did the same going down thing but this time it didn’t go up. The last standing teammate was able to kill it because of this bug.

Also note that the grail knight was caught by the spawn of chaos at one point and due to the grudge mark Shadow step it teleported him above…leaving him in that cliff at an impossible rescue location. But that’s another bug not related to this post (still worth looking into, if you can).

I was able to record it this time. Please check the vimeo link + attached console logs of this session. Happened at 2:20 AM GMT -3 according to the replay filename.

It’s split in two parts as I initially I had saved just the first video to report the Shadow-step bug, but then the HP bug happened.

Part 1:

Part 2:

console-2023-12-24-03.25.15-e4a13bb1-489a-4877-b619-4a06e8234efe.log (8.9 MB)

Oh! Hello there. Thanks for the details. I forgot to ask more at the time cos I was super tired after all those runs. The first cata CW experience was quite intense compared to Legend haha

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.