Big Bug List

• Bugged Spawn Points - For example the Horn of Magnus barrel event, if someone dies even before the event, just coming down the street, they will respawn far away after the big square. This bug is in the game basically since release of this map, it’s absurd that it’s not fixed. Same happens in some other maps like Hunger in the Dark, again before event, ppl die before event and will spawn after event, so they can’t be revived during the event, it’s basically wipe for non-uber-hardcore players, if someone few ppl die there. Oh and some maps are just completely screwed up in terms of spawn points like Fort, ppl will die at the start of the map and respawn in the end, again issues that’s in the game proll since launch. Oh and Stand map, after the platform, will spawn people down next to the platform even when people are already fighting in the room above, also amazing, also happening forever.

• Spawn points not moving/changing - This is also big problem, like lets look at the Festering Ground after the initial cave and before the drop into the next cave. There is a spawn point relatively close to the drop, but sometimes someone dies in that area, there is fighting going on and then group gets pressured down the next cave. Ok now… the guy behind is fu*ked, because he can’t be revived and the revive position won’t move, he is screwed till the end of the map and group has to do trio.

• Attack Buffering - NEEDS FIX ASAP - This is such a nightmare since the introduction, please remove this completely, or at least add option to disable it, I’m 100% serious when I’m saying this is one of biggest issues for me, I need to be able to switch weapons fast. Currently the lag introduced by this is horrible and creates issues constantly. Sometimes I can’t switch since attacks are still playing out, sometimes it won’t switch at all because I blocked or whatever, it’s SUPER BAD CHANGE. I could go into more details on how bad this is, but I don’t think it’s needed. It’s one of the worst changes ever made. Nobody want’s more input lag in the fast paced fps game. Everyone wants less.

• Ground Bathing Respawns - Again… ridiculous

• Character Screen Bugged, very often

• Players Levitating - Looks ridiculous, I really hope it’s not on purpose.

• Broken Pathing for Asassins - In The Pit. Stuck running into the window.

• Connection Issues - There is something seriously wrong with routing/connection lately. I have wired connection, perfectly stable, I’m running router with QoS, absolutely zero buffer bloat and have top-end rig. Basically it can’t get any better and yet, sometimes friend will get 70ms ping and other day he will get 160. Other friend will get 80 and next whole week he hast o play on 150 for some reason… it’s ridiculous, while some other ppl might join me and have 40ms. This is HUGE FU*KING PROBLEM, the game is literally unplayable at 120+ ping when playing Cata+, it’s impossible to avoid all the insane attacks unless just holding block all the time. This needs to get investigated and fixed asap. Otherwise it’s reall like… ok I’m not playin this, I can’t cos pings suddenly got screwedd and I’m not looking for new friends that are lucky and are being routed well or whatever is happening.

• Loading Screen Scaling Bugged - Since early beta, still not fixed

• Leaderboards Completely Useless - Since there is still many cheaters up there and then there was and still is the huge problem, the fake-invite-position. Basically top group could run on Sunday afternoon with random ppl the easy high weave like 157 I think, and fill up the top 100, completely with ppl who never even did weave #1. If that is not completely stupid then I don’t know what is. Solution to this is super easy, do not grant board positions without having full weave chains completed. This went completely ignored thru the whole season… making the boards close to completely useless.

• Triple Stacked Boss - Completely broken slot system for bosses, it’s not just bosses but … this is 100% broken, I don’t think anyone will argue otherwise, it’s need to get hotixed fast… again issue is in the game since early beta.

• Shields & View, It’s Horrible - One can’t see sh*t when playing shield, and on top of that some variations are worse then others. Also on top of this what people do, is they look down to see in top part of the screen which makes them look ridiculous in 3rd person. This got better on elf in last patch, but this needs to get even better and mainly it needs to get fixed on all classes and all illusions.

• Wrong Frames On Scoreboard - It seems to happen only with the new ones like the weave frames and Cata FOW frame. It will show the 500 deeds frame instead for some reason.

• Beastmen Still Spawning Very Close - In some maps, it’s not often but it still happens, last time it happened to me in Fort, when going thru the first tight short cave next to the blocked path.

• UnderMinoGround - Interesting

• Skittergate Random Kills - This is another funny bug, happens again… foooorever, when going thru the gate players get randomly downed when entering or leaving the gate. Even happened to Tom on the stream :sweat_smile: Had no clue about that bug.

• Mobs Walking Thru Sh_t In Weaves - This is very common, it’s not rare at all. The new objects have no collision.

• Shadow Weaves No Light Radius - Sometimes when player dies, the light radious is lost, I think this looks much better actually, this is how it should look, the light radius kinda breaks the shadow immersion… would be nice to fix it so it’s “shadow style” all the time.

• NO RESTART BUTTON FOR WEAVES - If you guys tested the weaves a bit, you would very quickly notice how important this is, if we grind some nightmare weave for 20 hours, we sure do not want to go thru 100 of slow endscreends and loading screens. There needs to be button for auto restarts, as it is on modded forever. Group dies, boom go again. I’ve literally watched hours of pointless end/loading screens during the weave “experience”.

• Archers Bugged In Many Weaves - This blocks progression basically, so group has to find em, trick em somehow or they are screwed. Big big turn off tbh.

• Roots Should Not Fly

• Insane Difficulty Spikes In Weaves - This is big issue again, some weaves are like 10x harder then the previous ones. This should never happend. Perfect example is 114/115, but there is many many others.

• Not Enough Essence - There is just not enough essence in many weaves for various reasons, but not due to player fault, again 115 is good example, we did it close to 10 times prolly, just to run around map like dummies, even with 4 minutes left… because there was no mobs and we could not fill up the bar. Imagine how guy feels about the game when he is grinding this nightmare for 20 hours just to get this “fu*k you” multiple times. Not good… not good.

• Too Strict Timer - The weaves are insane enough, no reason in some weaves to have so crazy strict timer, it just sucks, irritates ppl and helps nobody in the end.

• Full Respawns in Arena - This one is exceptionally bad mechanic, since everyone is just abusing it, meaning people will fill up bar in some maps and then get rekt while Maiden dashes to the bubble, does a bit of bubble dancing and vioala, everyone is non-downed alive and happy in the arena. It’s a mirace ! This has to do with timer also, people do this kind of crap because the mechanic allows it, but also because they are so pushed by the time. Both of these need to get fixed. This is no proper gameplay, one guy running to the bubble with 1000 of mobs on him and rest being fully alive in the arena. At best players should be in downed state at 50% of HP.

• Puzzle Weaves - In general weaves are about solving a puzzle, but in a negative sense, it’s about thinking how to cheeze certain weave, it’s just absurd, it’s not what the normal gameplay is about, what people love, at least what I do/did. Twitch 2.0 that is what hard looks like, hard in good way. Random, hectic, hard, fun. That one should be polished and made available to everyone - more on that in the other thread.

• Twitch 2.0 Bugs/Issues : http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/twitch-2-0-feedback-issues-bugs-thread/36517/4

• BlunderBuss - From Hero to Zero : This weapon was amazing and instead of tweaing it a little … it got rekt completely, I played like 1 week straight with it and even in best case scenario, full ranged damage on FK with 17% more dmg from talents, it’s complete garbage, can’t even kill flame rat unless I’m literally melee range from it. At few meters ? Forget it, it’s like 3 shots if you’re lucky. And on top of that, no more getting ammo back via bash, I mean not no more 10 ammo per bash, no more ammo perious, 0. Ok so let’s get headshot ammo, no… does not fu*king work. So … not really any decent way to get ammo on BB, doing completely garbage damage, doing absolutely nothing at range. It’s like 100% useless weapon. Who thought this is good way to tweak the weapon ? Seriously ? This needs both, more dmg and being able to get ammo back from headshots. Now I can’t kill damn flamer with +37% damage… 47% is still not really reliable, lol.

• Broken Reload - Weapons do get “stucked” and stop reloading/shooting in mulitple situations, one example is getting shot by arrow, will just result in 0/X ammo and weapon won’t reload, that is lovely.

• No Reward For Cataclysm - I will repeat it again, this is ridiculous, at lest 90% of players can surely see it… no reward for end-game content, ah.

• Pointless, Loud, Confusing & Obnoxious Sounds - The new ISC (initial spawn cue) for Flamer & Ratling: this was never needed, heroes will call em out, it’s sound clutter. Same goes for beastmen stomping, that solves nothing and is distracting and irritating. Also all these 3 + leech porting are much louder then all the other sounds for some reason. Only 2 specials that need sound buffing/tweaking are Assassin & Hookrat.

• Hookrats/Assassins Iceskating Again - This is happening for hooks quite often too, not sure why. But it’s relativly new, I mean it was happenning before, then it wasn’t now it is again, you know :sweat_smile:

• Vermin Pat Jumpin Into Wall
  • Time-Frozen Charger Goats/Minotaurs
  • Event Leech Bugged - Probably by IB’s aggro
  • The Busted Dag/Hag Shade - This is so busted, like Shade is already very very strong right now, hagbane was always absurd and now those 2 have synergy because I can shoot few times into horde and got ult back and I can one-shot half a patrol on one ult, this needs to get fixed. First easy solution is to not allow hagbane aoe to boost ultimate recharge. Second would be that hag needs some drawback finally, it should not stagger everything easily, especially not on Cata.

• Special-Slot Blocking Cheesing - This is not some major issue, but still, it’s mechanic that allows for basically cheating. One can just keep some not really dangerous specials alive and run thru the whole level basically without any specials or very few of them. People usually use Stormers or Gas rats for this special-slot-blocking. It’s ridiculous. Solution - make easy specials or maybe all specials to disregard the max # of allowed specials at certain time. So that, if I keep 3 stormers and 1 gas since start of the map… and just continue running, after few minutes max, director would go like “uhm… forget it dude” and count those 4 as 0 and spawn new batch of specials.

• Zealot’s Ult - Death Protection Often Not Working - Mob will just hit me with ult up and I get rekt, instead of ult activating, again pretty old issue, kinda big deal.

• Bind-able Continuous Attack - Let people bind continuous left mouse button clicks, that is so extremely needed QOL thing (makes fast weapons much more pleasant to play) and would completely solve the furkin attack buffering horror of a “feature” , I run into problems with it multiple times every single run I do… usually in most critical situations which if failed lead to death = wipe.

• Change Default FOV, 80-90 - The default 60 or what it is, is completely ridiculous, I watched some girl streaming few days ago and she didn’t know (played VT2 first time I guess) and holy SIgmar, that is so bad, you can’t see sh*t with that default FOV, plus the turning is super weird, it’s just horrible. And I very much, very much doubt that anyone enjoys that. (Also would be easy to make a poll on this if anyone thinks otherwise…) Like show me someone who will play at 80-90 FOV, you put him back to 60 and he will be like “Oh man this is amazing, love it, so much better” . Absolutely not. This is bad for new players ! I didn’t even think about this, before I saw few new ppl playing like this. 90-95 Is sweetspot imo.

• Berserkers Flying Sideways / Chaotic Behavior - This looks sooooo bad, on top of being unpredictable. It’s been around for ages also :frowning:

• Enemies Stuck, Running Into “Wall”

Notes for more issues (Will continue updating the thread later)

• Busted Temp HP
  • Insane Beastmen Range, and some other units
  • Busted Missile Running Attacks
  • Strongly Disbalanced Events
  • Merc/Whc Shout still bugged ?
  • Some maps are running pretty good, some are stuttering mess for no obvious reason
  • & More
12 Likes

Thanks for typing all this out.
Let’s see what happens eh?

1 Like

It took me quite a while to get to it, and it’s only about half, plus for the more complex stuff like running attack etc. I would prolly have to make vids, to explain how stupid those are and why, but that is another relatively big time investement and who knows if it’s leading anywhere.

I can just look at the previous twitch 2.0 buglist thread … and see that nothing got fixed, few patches later, even the stuff like darkness not working did not get fixed :frowning: so that doesn’t make me too confident that this is time well spent.

1 Like

Since they treat this new “season” thing like the messiah, you can actually free yourself from the game.
You no longer have to check in here daily, a new season is up, you log in, get a picture how big of a mess it is and then just leave and check again in 3 months, or however long the next season is going to be.

Seems like a mix of bugs and not-bugs.

How did this happen? Was it Twitch? Did you run through the map and grab multiple bosses? This could use elaboration.

This was reported as occurring when a player jumps going through the portal.

Attack Buffering - NEEDS FIX ASAP

really want something to fix this. in the past FS have done things to alleviate some of the lag associated with this in a past patch. it was bad on launch i remember but its just as bad again on some heroes. playing kruber/sienna for example. PLEASE FATSHARK FIX THIS

2 Likes

That is a weave (by early beta I mean the WOM beta), I think it is W93, prolly got whole run uploaded if that is needed. But this also happens in maps with Twitch if u get two of them. Like one natural and one from twitch. Or twitch 200% spawns.

That underground Mino only happened to me once I think and it was as a host, so it wasn’t desync.

Ah I see, but that doesn’t happen 100% of time when you jump or does it ? If so why it’s not fixed already ? Or is it already fixed ? Didn’t play Skitter in past few weeks.

Yea this is nightmare, still keeps happening to me quite a bit, especially when under pressure.

Sometimes I won’t switch properly, sometimes at all, sometimes too late after the buffered attack plays out, but at that point I don’t expect it so I shoot by mistake and so on :sweat_smile:

There was zero issues, none what so ever, before this thing got introduced. It needs to go, or be as option for those who want the horrible input lag in fast paced fps game.

Would love to see response from Quake Champions players, if they shadow introduced this kind of “feature” :joy:

2 Likes

wait… i thought this was a by-product of something. this is a feature??? like they want this?

man u gotta be kidding me. what possible good comes out of this. someone plz explain. im talking about the input buffering thing. smh

1 Like

I see. There is no slot system for bosses in the same way as specials, as far as I know. Like if you run through the map, you can get multiple bosses. Twitch obviously can drop a bunch. I think I’ve had as many as 5+ bosses on the map at one time due to natural spawns and Twitch. Or is it that one instance of natural spawn(like the beginning of Athel Yenlui) is spawning more than a single boss at once?

Interesting. Yeah it’s something goofy. I’ve had an instance where a plague monk is floating toward the sky like it’s the rapture for all the clients and the host was confused until I showed them the clip. On their screen the monk was just standing there normally on the ground. I don’t really get what causes two instances of behaviors at the same time like that.

I tried jumping through the portal today just to test it and I either did it wrong or it didn’t down me. I’ve had the portal down me once or twice in the past, but I don’t remember ever seeing a patch note about the thing being fixed. Wouldn’t totally surprise me. Fatshark has quite a few things they do (like fixes) that they don’t always manage to get into patch notes.

1 Like

Bosses tend to teleport around when two things happen, they are climbing and at the same time they switch aggro or get punched with a staggering ranged hit (which probably switches aggro).

I feel there is something extra special instability coded in for bosses, but afaik as ranged hits stagger / kill it seems to update the enemy location from the client side reported hit location. Could explain a lot of things, but as you know bosses do go under ground for no good reason / before anyone has touched them.

1 Like

My understanding of this (with your screenshot) is that bosses can/will clip into each other if stacked in multiple and not “these bosses shouldn’t exist at the same time,” correct, @flisker ?

I can def see this more of a problem with weaves where that’s very much a thing and they need to obey their own collision boxes. I’ve seen this problem over on console where loot rats still split into multi bosses (not always ogres, either!), and then you just get two troll axes to the face. :smiley:

I’m not sure they should have a true slot system where they wait around for their turn like trash units do, but they definitely have some interesting collision issues that need some addressing, sometimes (such as triple slams causing bosses to sink into the floor, etc).

Yea, those minos are all stacked in one.

I think they should have separate boss collisions. It would indeed be comical if they were just waiting for their turn after row of slave rats :smiley:

Well now there’s an idea! They ”just” enable collisions for all AI units and throw the slot system out of the window. Unit mass determines who gives and staggers the ** away :wink:

Maybe at 10fps, but no more overlapping rats, though a stack they could probably form.

Dedicated servers + dedicated GPU for physics all issues solved.

1 Like

That would be pretty damn funny for a bit. Chaos Spawn standing there because papa Nurgle told him to wait his turn. I don’t know how they could make the slot system(preventing stacking) work for bosses, just because in general they move so much and have so much mass. It’d be nice to not have a wall of meat protecting specials though that walk through them like they’re using new Skaven phasing technology.

1 Like

I think this is intended. I remember it being different in VT1. In VT1 the respawning system was exploited. Players with very low/white health let themself get killed off on purpose only to respawn very close by with green health again.

he’s saying the opposite here tho. ppl that die spawn very far away

Separate collisions, separate from other mobs. Meaning the boss can’t go into the other boss.

Boss would be able to run around or whatever but not go inside another boss.

If it’s intended then it have to be consistent, meaning all events should be like this, not only some.

omg! what do u do with 3 mino boss? can u even kite 3 of them?
i know i can kite 3 of ogre same for 3 spawn and 3 troll just fine even more but 3 mino? what do u do? i never tray it. can u survive?

You have to separate em :joy:

ye but how long can 1 character survive vs 3 mino? no ult usage
how long can character survive vs other bosses same number no ult.