1.2.22 hotfix halved my framerate

I dunno what the hotfix did but my framerate took a big hit. I usually float above 90fps but cap it at 90 so that my gpu doesn’t turn into a jet engine. After the hotfix my average framerate has dropped to just 45fps, both in a mission and walking around the mourningstar. I notice a lot of similar threads about this issue since november, it seems like it finally started to affect me too.

I’m playing on Steam PC windows 10 with a 4790k, 16gb ram and a 3060 12gb. Nothing about my in-game settings, hardware or drivers has changed and darktide was running okay until right after this morning’s hotfix.

Did this issue persist after the first mission?

Somettimes, a new patch will have you needing to rebuild the shaders and once that’s done, you should be back to your old framerates :slight_smile:

Persisted for three missions, then my game crashed because of mod issues and not the game (the debuff indicator mod causes a crash if you turn it on while inside the psykanium), when I rebooted the game and played a fourth mission the problem was still there.

It’s unusual because normally the game does all of the shader compiling before the game even starts, unless they added something to this specific patch that doensn’t work that way.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.