WoM Community Poll Patch 2.0.7

So we’ve had two weeks now to try out the expansion. Last poll showed people were pretty unhappy with some issues and overall positive with others. I’m going to post some follow up polls and see if first impressions have changed. Hopefully dig a bit deeper this time as well.

• Feelings on the current state of the Game overall?
  • Positive
  • Negative
  • Neutral, Not fussed

0 voters

• With the recent changes to stagger, What are your feelings on it now?
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• What needs changing?
  • Too much HP(Slows Combat)
  • Too easy to chain staggers on Elites
  • Too confusing
  • I simply dislike it, Remove it
  • Messes up Breakpoint calculations
  • Other, comment below

0 voters

• Talent Changes from 1.6
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• THP Changes
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• You can choose like/dislike for each of the talents. Hopefully this will help find out which the main offenders are,
  • Like Stagger THP
  • Dislike Stagger THP
  • Like Cleave THP
  • Dislike Cleave THP
  • Like On Kill THP
  • Dislike On Kill THP
  • Like Headshot/Crit THP
  • Dislike Headshot/Crit THP
  • Like Heal Share
  • Dislike Heal Share

0 voters

• With the changes to weave grind since release, let’s see how people feel now.
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• Thoughts on new weapons? You can choose like/dislike for each weapon, multiple choice.
  • Like Smelly Dwarfs Throwing Axes
  • Dislike Smelly Dwarfs Throwing Axes
  • Like Queen Kerillians Spear/Sheild
  • Dislike Queen Kerillians Spear/Shield
  • Like Siennas MorningStar
  • Dislike Siennas MorningStar
  • Like Salty’s Billhook
  • Dislike Salty’s Billhook
  • Like Sir Krubers Spear
  • Dislike Sir Krubers Spear

0 voters

• I don’t believe dodge has been tweaked yet since the beta, but let’s see if people have warmed up too it. How do you feel about the dodge changes?
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• Feelings on Beastmen being added?
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• What Beastmen problems affect you the most?
  • Hard to see with their darker colours
  • Too quiet, no sound queue
  • Too Strong compared to Skave/Chaos
  • Too “Beefy”, unable to cleave hordes
  • Too many of them, (Hordes to large)
  • Other, Comment below

0 voters

• Feelings on beastmen appearing in original maps and DLC?
  • Positive
  • Negative
  • Neutral

0 voters

• How do you feel about Cataclysm difficulty being locked behind the expansion? With all members of the party needing to own it to queue in?
  • Dislike
  • Neutral

0 voters

• With the changes to each class along with their talents and the new stagger mechanic/dodge change. What is everyone’s opinion on the current classes and how they play, can be built?

Let’s start off with Kerillian,

• Like Waystalker
  • Dislike Waystalker
  • Like Handmaiden
  • Dislike Handmaiden
  • Like Shade
  • Dislike Shade

0 voters

Kruber,

• Like Merc
  • Dislike Merc
  • Like Huntsmen
  • Dislike Huntsmen
  • Like Footknight
  • Dislike Footknight

0 voters

Bardin,

• Like RangerVet
  • Dislike RangerVet
  • Like IronBreaker
  • Dislike IronBreaker
  • Like Slayer
  • Dislike Slayer

0 voters

Salty,

• Like WHC
  • Dislike WHC
  • Like Bounty Hunter
  • Dislike Bounty Hunter
  • Like Zealot
  • Dislike Zealot

0 voters

Sienna,

• Like BattleWizard
  • Dislike BattleWizard
  • Like Pyro
  • Dislike Pyro
  • Like Unchained
  • Dislike Unchained

0 voters

• And finally, how would you rate the “smoothness” of the game following WoM? Excluding Mod related crashes, how has the game been running for you?
  • Great, Zero Issues
  • Good, Slight performance issues under certain situations
  • Moderate, Occasional crashes and performance issues
  • Bad, constant crashes and performance issues
  • HOLY SIGMAR, I’m playing in MS paint and still can’t get 12FPS.

0 voters

21 Likes

Thanks for making this poll smoker.

The only career I don’t like right now is Slayer. To me he feels like he has no good role in a Cata group. Would rather have Merc, WHC, Zealot, RV, or IB.

He’s still fun on Legend and below.

He just feels lacking. Level 10 talents need a rework. I want something else other than crit chance if I want to run 1h/2h/throw axe.
I think he should get 125 base health too.

13 Likes

I left a bunch of questions blank because I haven’t played many heroes or any of the paywalled content, but I answered what I could. Comments below for my “other” answers.

Stagger: when heroes are clustered fighting the same enemies, the bonus damage feels too strong. When heroes are separated fighting different groups of enemies alone, the higher HP values meant to compensate for the stagger bonus are just annoying. This system makes heroes both too strong and too weak (and is overly complicated /etc.) and should just be cut.

Beastmen: way too common. Horde size isn’t necessarily too large, but it feels like there are hardly any classic Chaos/Skaven enemies on the maps now.

10 Likes

This would definitely help, it was one of his first tier talent before after all, and FS did buff WHC’s base health when he was underpicked. Without 125 base HP like he used to be with the talent, Slayer is objectively more squishy than before.

Also FS please fix the 50% DR when attacking to be tied to the animation and not a random internal timer, sometimes it wears off a whole second before your current attack finishes, it’s really inconsistent and you shouldn’t have to look at the UI to know when it’s active, it should really just be active while you’re attacking no matter how long your attack takes.

I still think Slayer’s level 10 talents should have a baseline effect (eg 5% AS, 10% power, 5% crit) which then doubles if you’re running the weapons specified (eg only 1h handed/duals for the first, only 2 handed for the second and (if they make this change) two different weapon types for the third).

6 Likes

Other. Attacks are too fast, unpredictable. Even with perfect dodge timing they can still finish the attack and hit you before you move far enough. They are too risky to melee at all.

13 Likes

To be honest I haven’t even tried weaves yet because my group gave up entirely on the game after trying to “re-learn” how to play Legend.

Really just hoping they can tweak it back to closer how it felt in 1.7 combat + adjusting beastmen values- they’re the primary reason we don’t play anymore.

The only specific point I want to make is WS may need THP on ultimate back, or the THP talents reworked.

5 Likes

Followup to my other post.

Careers

Waystalker is the worst off. There are only 1 or 2 viable ways to build her with the new talent tree, and none of those come remotely close to the beauty of her past self. Fully half the talents in her tree are pretty much garbage (serrated shots, isha’s embrace, fervent huntress, ricochet)

Unchained is not bad off but is really hurt by the loss of the 25% overcharge talent. She is too easy to insta-overheat now and the risk/reward curve is broken. The old talent should be made a baseline passive, it’s really core to how the class plays.

RV is too weak to keep up with the meat wall and doesn’t bring enough support to compensate for his squishiness or low damage. He should get a DPS buff or 125 base HP IMO (either/or, not both).

8 Likes

As far as beastmen dodging. That is either an issue with you backdodging (this was always an inferior way to dodge and as of 2.0 it became even worse), ping to host (if you aren’t host), or you not actually having perfect dodge timing as it relates to the animation. I would recommend going into modded realm and practicing with a handful of beastmen mobs spawns, until you can get a hang of the timing.

As far as waystalker. She is arguably one of the strongest individual careers in the game. She represents the vast majority of people who have done solo + bots Cata runs, and makes up a large number of the top 50 spots on the Lone Warrior Weave leaderboard. Are the builds between those players relatively the same? Sure, but there are always meta builds that are used by the majority of the playerbase.

Good poll, you probably should do a separate one for weaves specifically. I answered neutral, as I hate the concept/design but I’m still excited about a few things.

My feedback as they are is:
I hate that I can’t play them with my friends! Really! Can’t stress this enough, let us host.
I love how they are tied to the storyline, I hope there is an ending for them (the challenge can continue).
I dislike that there’s no incentive to replay them.
I like that we can duo solo etc.
I don’t like that we can’t use bots at all.
I like the aesthetic, I dislike the variety (5 maps…)

I honestly disapprove of the design around leaderboards, I’d focus on story content in the future, but I want to play them
Again let me play them with all my friends

1 Like

On another note, I find it hard to dislike a career as a whole in this game, be that before or after WoM, mostly I find it’s certain talents that need addressing. My thoughts on Slayer I gave above.

Although! I almost forgot! Slayer should really have Crunch! back, either as a 2nd part of another talent (eg the gimmicky 150% damage while airborne during leap one) or its own talent again (I guess to replace the gimmicky one).

On Merc the only one I can criticise is the ult talent where you lose THP in exchange for CDR. It’s not worth it when you can have a WHC with 40% CDR and an ult that not only staggers (or should in theory, bugs notwithstanding) but also gives everyone much higher crit chance. Either give it THP back (but maybe half the amount per ult or so) or change it into a talent more like the other two, which provide either utility or another boon. Oh, also Helborg’s Tutelage has negative synergy with his passive +5% crit!

On WS my biggest complaint is now that ammo on health regen is gone it feels like you’re pushed toward taking ult CDR in that tier (as health regen is pretty meh since a long time after it got nerfed ages back and the two regen-oriented talents in that tier aren’t that great, maybe if they were merged and health regen got you to full again it’d be a good choice?), ult CD in the next tier and then ammo back on ult. Also Ricochet while a new mechanic feels a bit too gimmicky with how it interacts with terrain and the fact you don’t really want to miss anyway. Maybe if it also made your arrows cleave one more target on direct hits (for the non-hagbane bows) it’d be worth considering.

On Shade my main complaint is HM can now run +25% AS at all times with properties and the AS on dodge talent, 45% Crit Chance during ult if you take the third ult talent AND is way more survivable than Shade (can take increased HP from 150 to 180 or 30% BCR, which when paired with 30% BCR on necklace turns eg the glaive from a 2 stamina weapon into effectively a 5 stamina one). Also the HM talent that lets you dodge through enemies would make so much sense and be so perfect on Shade too!

Shade’s 2nd highest tier gives you a choice of DR on crit, MS on crit or flat MS. I don’t like how there are two MS talents in one tier, one or the other should really be replaced with something else.

Shade’s CDR talent for the ult also feels like a loss, much like Merc’s one. Why take it if you lose the damage boost? I’d rather see a return of the not breaking stealth while firing one or something new if FS don’t want her to overlap with Huntsman/RV in that regard.

On RV my main complaint is that bomb drop/potion drop got merged and bomb drop got replaced with basically a weaker, more selfish, more lazy version of Grungni’s Cunning. Either replace Share and Share Alike with something unique/interesting, eg a talent that makes Ingenious Improvisation (RV’s 10% chance not to consume an item on use) become a partywide boon, or split up bomb drop/pot drop again but reduce the chance on bomb drop to make the other two more competitive.

WHC is great but the talent that gives his witch hunt tag passive 5% more damage is underwhelming. Most of all I’d love the THP on taggable enemy kill back, but if FS won’t do that why not introduce another talent that benefits the whole party? Either bring back the 5% AS for all party members on tag or perhaps make it tagged enemies are more vulnerable to CC. Something like that.

Oh! I almost forgot: On BH ammo based on clip size, on top of being useless on most weapons, has another major drawback vs 20% more damage against enemies you crit: the talent that gives you 20% more damage to enemies you crit also applies to the crit itself, and as it’s 20% more total damage not 20% more crit damage it’s flat out better (especially on weapons with low clip sizes for which power based on clip size is obviously useless).

Which reminds me, both BH and RV didn’t lose their stupid +25% power when out of ammo talents. On BH this is especially egregious as he now has a talent that gives him back 30% ammo on elite/special kill when he’s out, but on RV too if played properly the class never runs out of ammunition. Yes, I know it works well for throwing axes as you can toss the last axe, get the power, then return them when needed, but I don’t think the playstyle these two talents encourage is a good one - it encourages players to actively gimp themselves by being wasteful with ammo (this is not a problem on the throwing axes) and potentially not have ammo on hand when it’s needed (this is a problem on all ranged weapons, inc. throwing axes). If you want lots of melee damage like that play IB with the new talents (power based on proximity, power on ult), Slayer (at least 30% power from trophy hunter), WHC (OHKO on crit HS, crit chance on ult) or Zealot (6 Fiery Faith stacks), they all lose nothing of their kit/passives while letting you keep your ammo ready for when/where it’s needed.

On Zealot the 5% more power talent is a missed opportunity. If it instead gave you an additional stack of Fiery Faith (ie you start with one at full green hp) people might actually think ‘that sounds cool’ and that’d allow it to interact with his other talents that are based on how many Fiery Faith stacks you have.

On HM Focused Spirit is like a lamer version of what we had with Eldrazor’s Precision (trading AS for power). Asrai Grace is also a bit weird as her ult already has very low CD (and it’s bugged so it anyway doesn’t work atm :confused:), but once it gets fixed it might have a niche with the aforementioned 25% AS 45% Crit Chance build by trading 5% crit from the one talent to increase uptime of the +25% crit contributed by her ult.

On IB I’ve yet to uncover a breakpoint that makes Drakki Wrath worthwhile (if anyone knows one please let me know) for the heat it generates, and believe me I’m trying. You end up better of taking a ranged weapon with high single target damage if you want that. Either increase the power given by much much more or reduce the additional heat generated by a lot and it could have a niche. The talent that gives a 50% chance to get all stamina back when block is broken is also bad as it is too unreliable to be appealing. Zealot has a talent that gives a 100% chance to get all stamina back whenever he takes damage which is much better.

On BW Whoosh! remains a weaker version of Burnout, as Burnout lets you adjust your direction with your 2 ults and Whoosh doesn’t. Burnout is flat out better in terms of both fun and utility, you can Flamewalk in and out of danger, CC an enemy harder or travel the distance of two ults in one direction. Whoosh! needs to be replaced with another effect (but not CDR, Burnout is 2 ults every CD).

The talent Centered is afaik as underwhelming as it always was, especially now that we have a talent that puts Tranquility on a 3s CD, Centered either needs to vent harder or be replaced with a defensive alternative again (like the old BCR when Tranquility is up talent).

On Pyro I’d like to see Ride the Fire Wind be more interactive, either base it on her spellcasting or give it another effect, as it is now it just makes your damage inconsistent and for people who are basing breakpoints upon it, it’ll just annoy them when some of their shots meet the breakpoint they’ve built for and others don’t - I imagine most will just ignore this talent altogether.

Also please remove Exhaust and replace it with Burning Twins (the old WoM beta talent that made your ult fire off two Burning Skulls at once), the latter was way more interesting and for people wanting to vent it’s much more effective (and always had been) to take THP on ult and use the THP to vent. Exhaust vents your OC once, 35 THP allows for multiple vents, like 4 or even 5 (assuming you use all that THP to vent, which you likely won’t need to).

On UC Burning Dregs is contrary to the way the class plays, focusing on heat management, as it takes control away from you. It’s a bad talent and needs to be replaced entirely.

Other than that I’m happy with the talent changes overall.

Edit: I completely forgot the Huntsman talent which reduces damage taken by 3% until a monster is killed, after which it is 30% until the mission ends or death. This talent is the poorest of all his new ones, 3% is useless and even if you get the 30% it is straight up inferior to eg RV’s damage reduction on HS/Pyro’s damage reduction on elite/special kill as it is way harder to activate than either of those, even more RNG-dependent and lost upon death. I’d much rather it worked like BH’s new damage reduction talent, 1% damage reduction per elite/special killed stacking up to 30%, which is functionally similar. If it worked like that it’d be much cooler and actually useful. Boss dependent talents were always bad so I was glad to see the removal of those. This one should’ve never made it in with WoM.

14 Likes

I was host. I saw animation start, I dodged to the left, he turned and followed me through the dodge and hit me.

Definitely not a git gud problem - I don’t think it’s physically possible to react faster then I did.

2 Likes

While I do still have some frustration with talents, dodge/stagger, and beasts, my primary frustration has definitely shifted to bugs. The amount of major issues introduced with the 2.0 patch is kinda nutty.

• Pressing career skill button on Battle Wizard and having it simply not work is so frustrating.
  • Missing audio cues for spawns (and entire beast hordes) completely breaks immersion and general flow of the game.
  • Specials spawning directly on top of the player tilts me beyond space and time. Lost a run as last player standing recently where a pack master spawned inside of me and instantly had me hooked, then played the entire audio sequence after I was already disabled.
8 Likes

On an unrelated note I notice stagger’s damage boost is still confusing people. Unsurprisingly, when it’s not explained clearly in game. Is how ranged weapons interact with stagger explained anywhere within VT2? Serious question.

It really should be if the mechanic’s going to stay, it’s particularly unhelpful for rookies if they have to search far and wide to find out how exactly it works. We already have that problem explaining crit power/headshot power to them as those aren’t clearly explained in the game either and many new players assume increases to those are meant as an increase to overall damage instead.

That explains a lot actually, I completely forgot about that talent! That could definitely do with being baseline.

I wouldn’t be opposed to RV getting an increase to 125 HP as well as Slayer, RV is more of a support oriented melee-ranged hybrid after all (at least based on his talents/kit).

Wasn’t that due to lots of the people cheating in China using WS? I recall there being posts to that effect in the feedback/bugs forum, but I could be mistaken.

Oh aye, they’re putting me off too, more than anything else at this point. Bolt staff’s charge sounds still don’t match the actual charge intervals and it’s by far one of the most minor bugs one has to deal with atm.

3 Likes

I asked for this so much… Waystalker was my most played class, it’s nearly all I played. Now that she has lost arrow regen. I think her ammo should be dropped from the 100% it got in WoM and dropped back to it’s normal 50% bonus, but she should just have the ammo on Special kill regardless. That should be a passive. And then with the free lvl 30 talent, give her back Temp HP on ULT. It was a great talent that let you make medic type builds with heal share or just gave you a “oh crap” button for when things hit the fan.

6 Likes

Happens for Slayers yump too
Also encountered some insane bug in which I got knocked back through my guard while charging it. When I then tried to use the next one, the button flat out didn’t work for the rest of the map. What in the devil?

1 Like

Was this a one time occurrence, or something you can consistently replicate? I’m not saying it is a git gud problem, just that it is not something I’ve witnessed personally, or heard from anyone I’ve played with, given host ping and not back dodging.

I pick Other as a stand in for “all of the above”

And I think all of the aesthetic issues would be tolerable if FS can fix core combat flaws on the AI’s side.

Also fix Slayer! Every other class is pretty great talent-wise and Slayer is so close to being right that it physically hurts! I don’t even hate the crit chance talent, either!

THP still remains nerfed too harshly, haven’t found a team brave enough to all run healshare yet and with the amount of seemingly unavoidable damage being taken, I doubt my team ever will.

1 Like

To beastman:
I can only add i seriously dislike their bugginess + how strong they seem to be compared to other races.
Cata:
Being locked behind paywall is one thing, being locked behind achievements i have already done is other.
Stagger:
I don’t even know anymore since the whole game is a dam mess currently its really hard to evaluate how good or bad is it.

2 Likes

Mate, we talked about this.

You already have been written down in the book for your infringment, but for this time actual grudges are halted as your are an established hero of the people. Note though that further insults to the Dawi race cannot be tolerated and will have grave consequences.

This is your last warning.

On the topic itself: I’m quite upset that Huntsman lost is 20% reload talent, in hindsight it was really necessary for a handgun build…
Also:

I really like that idea, would be a perfect fit imo.

Yeah, i mentioned that in another post, too, should really be looked at.

3 Likes