Winds Of Magic Community Blogpost

Nobody really argued against it with examples yet, as far as I know.

Again, this just doesn’t work, because as I stated, high difficulties are played the same way, no matter if the stagger mechanic is in place or not. There is no way you’re playing some Cataclysm Twitch or Deed and you’are standing on top of each other and trying to get the stagger benefit.

If you think that is sure doable and people did use this strategy, they moved like 4 man Roman army phalanx than please, share footage of that run with me, I would love to see it. (So far people only argued how great it is in low difficulties, and those people were newbs, because in low difficulty it doesn’t matter what you take, you can demolish everything without any strategy or synergy)

What happens in reality is that most of the time people are not getting that benefit and especially NOT when it matters the most, they sure are not getting it in those situations. When there is horde of beastmen running with banners and charging goats and chaos spawn is running around, good luck thinking about “how do I position myself to get that juicy amazing stagger bonus”

Not really, lots of them got screwed up, some are pretty op and it basically did not do anything productive.

It doesn’t, it gives buff to EVERYTHING that does stagger well so shield did get benefit ofc, but so did other weapons making shields still kinda crap, because weapon like 2h hammer or exec got buffed as much or even more.

If you want to fix shields, you just fix shields. Shields itself…

I disagree with nearly all of the quotes…

Choices, not really, you just avoid it completely, or use stagger weapon and some weapons are just horrible. So they created new kind of core gameplay, where you either have to avoid this nonsense somehow… or you take some OP stagger weapon.

Balance, this is not the balance, like what they are talking about is trying to fix abomination of mechanic, be adding more avoidance of that mechanic, that is just completely ridiculous, I am stunned how people can’t see this. Also they are throwing the actually balance that took year to get, comepletely out of the window…

Teamplay, I already explained why this is nonsense, especially since the new faction is made to be very disruptive …

Exetension, no just no, it is no extension, current mechanic does not impact weapon dmg output in any way as far as I know, and it’s use is for defensive purpose and opening shields etc. It’s not creating push meta gameplay.

The HP, yea HP was fine in Cata, there wasn’t issue with that if you got one of those OP weapons that could stagger like crazy, or you just went screw it… and got something to avoid it completely, like Shade with dual swords and backstabbing (that was incredibly strong, not to mention that they did something to DS so they were pretty strong by itself in last beta)

2 Likes