Longsword - maybe to good

Well no, its same damage as bh double shooted and shade hit with dd or sd second heavy deals more

1 Like

GK’s damage is decent but not higher than most classes.
It takes 2 charged headshots from the Bretsword to kill a stormvermin on Legend, while rapier, DD, Glaive ; longbows, crossbows, pistols all kill them in one headshot.
Takes 3 to 5 headshots for a Chaos Warrior (using push attack-H-L-H-L… with the lights actually being push attacks), while at most it’s 2 dual daggers hits.
This could also be due to the weapon’s inconsistent tracking and often counting headshots as bodyshots.

2 Likes

Close in the body. Scales poorly with headshots. Or it did last time I tested it.

depends, you can make it less (having your 30% up for example), and if you go the crit talent you can 1 shot CWs with l1 on legend

I just tried a crit build with 10% crit chance and 40% crit power and I was absolutely underwhelmed by tha lack of attack speed I had to sacrifice to try it out. but in the end I had 18k damage and was genuinely surprised. I think I’ll just take crit chance and attack speed on the bretsword and try again :stuck_out_tongue:

you get more single target damage but the horde dps is less than Merc, Zealot and Slayer.

The 3 are also vastly more durable and have access to ranged options unlike Grail Knight. Zealot and Slayer are also more mobile.

3 Likes

Hmm idk about that one, I fairly consistently out-kill people on hordes, then again I havent played with a decent slayer yet, however! I will say the 30% power coupled with block canceling L1, L2 makes you into a wood chipper.

For sure.

And Barrage

Cata Ratogres. I dont even know how and why people would even spread stuff like GK dealing as much Monster dps as a Shade, or any other Monster killer. If you didnt see a Shade delete a Cata monster with your own eyes and played GK for more than 5 minutes you can always just jump into modded Realm and invest two minutes before spreading nonsense.

And this is only the Careers skills damage. Afterwards there is still a chunk of HP to deal with. Something the Shade will deal faster and easier with D&D, or S&D aswell, while having a hagbane.

10 Likes

hrm…

If you dont spread nonsense none needs to call you out for it. Its that easy.

1 Like

it’s just a matter of math

Zealot gets 30% power same as GK but also a ton of attack speed which GK doesn’t get
Slayer gets a load of attack speed and 30% bonus damage

main differential after that is weapon choice and Billhook and Dual Axes will mince hordes, elites and monsters

3 Likes

Well dual axes is fast but doesn’t have the same cleave potential, it really depends, slayer def has an advantage vs Cata+ elites.

And this is not about longsword go to other topic

I am sorry but instead of accusing people of spreading none sense you should have specified your build for this test in the first place.
For all I care you could have used a different build with GK than with Shade.

The argument was that GK has massive boss DPS, never did I say he is on par with Shade.

That’s something, that has been bothering me for a while in this community honestly.
It’s abit funny honestly, this constant measuring contest of who know what best and whatnot.

If you can’t follow a conversation without being condescending, don’t argue at all

So I tested it
Shade and GK with the same properties and traits on weapons and charms
I did it with a Ratogre not taking any Power vs Skaven on purpose.
The boss I fought was C3 DW for a several reasons, I wasn’t looking for the difference in ult damage in the first place but which of these 2 could put out more damage over time with flawless kite dancing.

Result:
Shade DWC3 Ogre in 1:29 and yes that was with 1 conc pot (that boss kill was abit sloppy, I think Shade can get a DWC3 Ogre in abit over a minute maybe even less)
GK with the build I posted abit over 2 Minutes (2:15 I think) - also with 1 conc pot

I could have chosen Exe instead for higher damage output, have to test that on a different occasion

The reason why I tested this with a DWC3 Ogre is as I said was highest damage output over a longer period of time.
Cata isn’t demanding when you reach a certain level of confidence, hence I chose a Cata 3 Ogre - takes longer and demands longer focus

2 Likes
  1. that test sounds about right from how it feels in game.

2. what weapon did you go with?

D&D on Shade
Double Bret Longsword on GK

Have you actually tested monster dps on X vs B sword? Thought maybe you tested while you were at it. Looking at the damage profiles, I would honestly kinda think B sword would be more dps while kiting a rogre.

To be honest I didn’t come around and practise boss kiting to the maximum potential with B sword.
It felt abit sloppy, I think you can get a second heavy hit in while kiting backwards but the timing feels abit weird.
Chaining push attack + heavy3 and light 3 feels even weirder but I think overall you get a higher damage output with chaining heavy1 and 2 with the double B sword.

Not sure how it turns out if you take double exe and Q-cancel heavy attacks constantly.
I would bet that the damage output would be higher maybe?

I don’t have attack speed numbers so I’d just need to test it. And yes, you can get pretty much 100% uptime on b sword with H3/push stab chaining. Which is repeating Bill Hook heavy and GA light obviously. 2 really good damage profiles. And x sword has pretty poor monster armor modifier. So idk.