Another week goes by with neither update nor info on whats being worked on

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Off topic but the auto-close/open system kinda always breaks on long threads like this and it’s goofy. Shuts down all conversation even if stuff getting flagged is from a hundred replies ago.

@Fatshark_Hedge is there any way to tweak it?

1 Like

In some cases, breaking the conversation is a blessing - truth be told.

The best way for us to avoid this particular thread’s automoderator is to onboard more moderators to clear through flags quicker (or people need to play nicer and trigger less flagging).

In this threads case, the flags weren’t cleared fast enough so the auto-mod tool closed the thread for 4 hours, reopened later to find the same volume of flags present, so auto locked it immediately. Rinse and repeat for a day. My bad - I was taking a day off after a long week of conventions/conferencing when the automoderator had had enough of the flags =) (if you wondered, I took the day to go to an animal rescue sanctuary which harbours rescue animals - anything from feral cats to chickens & turkeys, cows, goats, horses, lambs/sheep, and even foxes. Heck, even met a couple of seagulls. It was a day of equal sadness and joy! :cow:).

I’ll see what can be tweaked all the same. Sometimes, though, breaking flow can be a good thing. People can be seen to target other people just because they have differing viewpoints, flag each other for moderator attention needlessly and ultimately break a thread. This is equal parts awesome and annoying.

6 Likes

No worries. I figured that was the case but it still seems crazy to me the system doesn’t discount the flags that triggered the initial lockdown. Agreed breaking the flow is a good thing but I feel that having the forum discount the flags that triggered a lockdown would fix this.

Glad to hear you got some time off to help the cute animules.

They didn’t have rats. I blame you guys for that.

11 Likes

This forum in a nutshell lol

On another note, is the animal sanctuary in Stockholm? My wife is scared to death of seagulls, I gotta take her. lol She always makes me go to amusement parks with her, I hate roller coasters, it’s payback time.

1 Like

Do you understand how conversations work? You can’t have a conversation with the devs if they don’t say anything.

You started with DLC so it’s probably your top priority. I just hope the bug fixes and QoL changes get the attention they need and that they come soon.

Oh boy.

It’s actually back on my home-turf in south-east England. http://www.retreatanimalrescue.org.uk (careful, their website is very geocities, so be sure to wear sunglasses)

2 Likes

Ah, you’re British, from Kent? Always assumed you were Swedish. Well, at least you’re not a scouser :stuck_out_tongue:

I pass through London at least 2-4 times a year, have to travel down and check it out if I have time.

Back on topic though, lol. I know you said you are going to be giving us updates. Are they going to be with the patches? Or just a forum post you’ll be doing every now and then?

TBD. I need to get together the team leads and come up with a plan of attack - it’s going to take a little time to get this dog barking but it will.

(O/T @SmokerT69 I am from 'astings originally, in East Sussex!)

7 Likes

Thank you. What you do wont speed up the content release but it shows that FS does care about the community. Not everyone will be satisfied, as there are always some toxic members in any community but I think most will appreciate your goal to keep us updated. This restores some of my trust in FS.

1 Like

Thanks for going to bat for us Hedge, can’t imagine how many emails you must send about this stuff while patiently waiting for the planets to align in management.

Much appreciated! Having you more active on here makes a world of difference too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, hopefully you manage to get something working.

I’m happy to see some turnaround on this but I wanna convey that, as a consumer, I still need to see something tangible eventually before I can financially support or recommend the company further, no matter how much I want to. Literally something along the lines of, “sorry for the bumpy road until now. As our way of thanking you for your support, here’s x” or anything to that effect. The game’s bugs have wasted a colossal amount of players’ time.

2 Likes