[Zealot] [Traits] Suggestions for changes to zealot's traits

I’m posting this here because making a new thread would seem like a waste to me.

The idea of making Zealot’s buffs proc on a self-damaging flagellation attack has been brought up before, and I think it makes the most sense. While I do like the hit-trading with enemies aspect Zealot has currently, I believe the changes I’ve outlined below could work as an alternative that gives the player more control.

Core Rework
  • Fiery Faith
    Zealot can self-flagellate in a very short animation, which deals 25 damage to self, gives a stack of Fiery Faith (15% power per stack), and can stack 3 times. Duration of 15s. Only effects melee power.
  • Possible in-game text for Fiery Faith
    Victor can self-flagellate by holding the weapon special key, which does 25 damage to self and gives a stack of Fiery Faith that bestows 15% melee power for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
  • Flagellation
    Done by holding the weapon special button down (like a charged attack). This is so weapon specials like the Rapier pistol shot and the Billhook pull can still be used.
Level 10 Talents
  • Castigate
    Each stack of Fiery Faith increases attack speed by 7%.
  • Smite
    Flagellation causes your next melee attack within 15 seconds to be a guaranteed critical hit.
  • Unbending Purpose
    Each stack of Fiery Faith gives an additional 5% melee power.
Level 20 Talents
  • Crusade
    Each stack of Fiery Faith also increases movement speed by 10%.
  • Holy Fortitude
    Each stack of Fiery Faith also increases healing received by 25%.
  • Armour of Faith
    Each stack of Fiery Faith also reduces damage taken by 10%. Effects damage taken from Flagellation.
Level 25 Talents
  • Devotion
    Taking damage from Flagellation or enemies increases movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds. Getting attacked no longer slows movement speed.
  • Redemption through Blood
    Flagellation restores stamina to full.
  • Calloused Without and Within
    Damage taken reduced by 10%. Effects damage taken from Flagellation.
Level 30 Talents
  • Faith’s Flurry
    Holy Fervour’s duration is increased to 7 seconds. Attacks during Holy Fervour increase power by 2% for 7 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times.

Notes
“Redemption through Blood” could be renamed to “Redemption through Penance”. I swear I still get some kind of slowdown when getting hit with Devotion, so this could be fixed.

3 Likes