You have just wiped in legend? here i explain why!

It’d be really cool to have the 2 incoming specials briefly interact about how they’re going to mess up your day - a tiny brief hint that there is two of them.

OR you could go the OTHER way and change the character dialogue, I believe Sienna already does this somewhere but it still refers to ‘‘an assassin’’ despite her saying "‘LOOK OGU CURSED ASSASSINS’’ if I spelled that correctly. Then voice-cues from the characters would help alert players to several being active at once. That may only cause clutter however compared to just changing the cue to hint towards several or a coordinated attack from the skaven. In which case the heroes could perhaps say something related to said coordinated attack if need be.

The reasons I wipe on legend are because bots act like health potions for chaos spawns. Or don’t prioritise getting me up or don’t even path to me when down. Absolutely pathetic, useless bots. But I don’t matter because I play solo.

1 Like

This so much.
I really dont want to play HS or WS anymore but… its just so much more easier when I can rely ony myself getting a good number of specials out of the way before they can act so pug beamstaff and friendly fire volley hunter basically play champion with more enemie damage.
I love how people stick together to friendly fire whenever possible (juicy bomb man) but at the second a horde gets announced search for an own corner at the other end of the map though. Thats some advanced pro tactics going on here. Bonuspoints if I’m masochistic enough to play any weapon thats isn’t top tier at stagger and/or wave clear.

Ambush? SCATTER!

You know thats the feeling of bare survival. At one second your team is ganging up on a shielded stormvermin in the corner like three bullies on the schoolyard, shoving it into the wall so hard that its just a pascal away from turning into a miniature neutron star out of fur and make sure there is NO WAY EVER for you to reach its back while magically not harming it for MINUTES and at the next you turn at the tide of angry pink screechers flooding in your direction for the blink of an eye and EVERYONE just vanished into their very own scorched ruin because personal space is obivously important when fighting hordes.
Its just like a bad horror movie where the protagonists always part at the worst possible moment and this one guy with the glasses he dropped is searching in mole eyed panic for his friends just to find them dead.

But my favorite brainfart is the default pug bossfight behaviour. Chaos Spawn coming for us? MAKE HASTE BROTHERS! TO THE MOST NARROW PART WITH A LEDGE YOU CAN FIND! Special thanks to the guy who designed the spiral staircase in convocation of decay. I dont know what is so appealing about fighting bosses on that goddamn thing but we should get an achievement for this.

I dont know where this is coming from. I hadn’t that much problems in quickplay before the last patch but since then its seriously sadistic what happens there.

2 Likes

Oh my god, as much as I agree with you can I just say I need more of your posts in the Lounge section. :joy:

As for the spiral staircase that reminds me I need to make a bugreport or bump an active one because you can get stuck walking back up the staircase there and it can really mess up your day if you aren’t prepared and ready to hit spacebar.

Wipes I see now are mostly due to a player getting hooked or gassed + assassined in a horde. Someone tries to save them and dies too. Game decides to spawn extra specials to punish team for dying and wipes the rest.

Boss + Horde isn’t so much of a wipe, might lose a person or two but can carry on.

Another big source of wipes is getting a Patrol and an ambush spawns immediately DIRECTLY ON TOP OF YOU, so if you are fighting a patrol in a hallway for example you are backing up and all of a sudden there is an instant wall of hyperdense rats blocking your retreat and you just die.

This exactly. Also poor positioning, instead of finding a wall to cover their backs, people prefer getting surrounded.

I think what happened is champion level Rockstars saw all the cool cosmetics and portraits they could get for legend level challenges and clears, and said “I want that, I’m gonna dive into legend immediately without preparing in the slightest!”

Even champ has been full of these folks. Playing champ with a buddy to unwind and a lvl 12 Shade joins, we figured give him the benefit of the doubt for a run or two, and he turns out to be terrible. Terrible positioning, gulping potions left and right, may have un-mapped the block key, etc. After trying to give him some pointers he responds with “cut me some slack I only got this game yesterday!” So we sent him packing after that round was over.

2 Likes

Biggest issues the game have and most common cause of death for me personally are

• silent (ie spawned next to you) specials
  • silent (ie spawned next to you) patrols… yes… this happens… they even spawn in front of you as you progress through level
  • ping (ie 3rd month, no talk about dedicated servers, you simply cant dodge hookrat, cause on server side you are already grabbed)
  • bugs (blighstormer casting through walls, insta spawn of 4 specials during fight vs gatekeeper on rippergate, etc)
  • luck (boss with instant ambush in narrow corridors, assasin into gas globe etc, being thrown by boss over the edge).

rofl

1 Like