WoM Community Poll Patch 2.0.7

I remember that one instance in particular but in general they are hard to dodge and don’t seem to work right - attacks coming out of nowhere, from stagger into headbut with no warning, etc.

I didn’t buy WOM so I don’t actually see them often enough to test.

1 Like

What if the no thp cdr ult gave the party 10% attack speed?

Fixing beastmen hitboxes and arrows through horde, invisible pokes are main offenders.
Cleave thp get way to hard nerfed its not worth using at all comparing to rest
Weaves are kinda boring
Dodges same as before but now need little more skill to use
Beastmen 60 dmg hits are big no with how fast they deal that damage its way out of range of that
Because of how broken they are right now its hard to fight with them at all
Waystalker get rework to be actually less spam forever (if not swiftbow) to think where you shoot sometimes, very good change
Ranger got rework that is actually interesting (outside of some talents that are way worse than others)
slayer is glass cannon that should be but still brutally powerfull and need some skill to use him
WHC with that talent on 100 % crit i though its gonna be OP as hell, but its only for him and thats well 40% ult back same better in my though after it and thats nice.
Zealot buffed to being even dumber class and less needing skill seriously how ppl still die with him
BW still worse than pyro and unchained but closer to actually being usefull

Other than that problem with 180 fast hits its because how fast they can turn, if enemies had some turn speed cap then it would be possible to actually react to it instead getting instantly smacked

1 Like

Oh, that’s why I exploded twice a horde instead of never! Could not agree more!

125 hp on ranger vet would be nice. Also thp for cleave coff

3 Likes

I have said this in other posts but I will repeat myself.

i like the Winds of Magic I don’t have problem with the changes that have been made. Weaves are fun but it takes time to find a group and that is the problem I can think of right away, oh and that Challenges where you have to kill enemies with one of the DLC weapons to unlock the skins don’t count towards the progression.

I like the Weapon system in Winds of Magic, I think it is a better system then the main games system with random properties and traits. I wish that the main game had the Winds of Magic weapon and Talent system instead.

And instead of lootboxes you got cosmetics from completing challenges, like “Use only Range weapons in Hunger in the Dark on Legendary difficulty with 2 Grims”, and for that you get a nice weapon skin.

For me Vermintide is about challenge and I really dislike random elements to items and loot. It feels out of place in the game.

2 Likes

My question still stands. Why do Battle Wizard, Unchained, Ironbreaker, Ranger Veteran, Foot Knight and Huntsman have access to Bulwark stagger talent and Handmaiden doesn’t?

I want Bulwark for my shield damn it.

Galri Asur.

4 Likes

Regarding what’s confusing about the stagger system: mostly the amount of fails safes fatshark has/had in place to prevent us actually staggering the enemies. I was really confused about the patch reverting the nerf to “stagger resistance” to 2.0 values, while removing a “stagger threshold” from hordes we didn’t know about. I’m still not 100% sure what those are, or if more things like that are in place (or why).
Some talents are confusing. Nowhere was said smiter applies to 1 target only, and I’m still wondering if assassin is extra damage on headshots/crits or hs/crits on staggered enemies

2 Likes

Oh boy, I guess it’s finally time to fully formulate my opinion. This isn’t going to be an easy task for someone like me so let’s just start by questoneer answers.

In general each day I get less and less motivation to play, current state of the game just wears me down bit by bit.
Aside from bugs, inconsistencies whack job of a balance state, even worse interaction in game itself and even that devs didn’t keep their word on keeping old difficulties about the same, the most disheartening thing is their behavior. That is to say it’s almost basically radio silence and you could even put FS dogs place in that burning house “this is fine” meme and it wouldn’t be too far from how it looks to me. That makes me lose hope and hope is only thing that really keeps me playing, because people I enjoyed playing with seem disinterested in wading through the mess and even without them QP became more of a slog where I can’t even give a modicum of trust to people joining me.

It feels reactionary and partially kinda backwards. Sure slave rat no longer as tough as per WoM maulers but now that don’t crit or are on far end of staggering spectrum don’t work particularly well vs elites.
It’s baffling that rather than try set dial back and then dial them but by bit they went with give and take way. Due to that some weapons feel anemic, some work fine or great because they can crit and some are neither here nor there.
The stagger talents still feel like missed opportunity rather being tied to a class to be part of weapon traits.
All in all system itself feels too prolific and not varied enough.

I’ll not let Fatshark of the hook for this “10% hp increase across the board”:

As for other. Stagger mechanic needs to change. For one I don’t agree that it should apply to all attacks but rather only to light ones. Heavy attacks should be balanced akin to ranged weapons. Secondly, stagger talents should be reworked into traits rather than be the generic trait line like THP and heal share talent (we’ll come to those later down). Third, differentiate between slashing, cutting, piercing and bludgeoning attacks if possible, low value option, that isn’t intrinsically needed but could be interesting.

This will be very controversial, but rather say it. Make jewelry more than just different icons. For starters make jewelry type crafting not RNG then tie those generic talents to them: THP and heal share to amulets, stagger perks to charms, some trade off between ranged and melee power for trinkets for example. Use freed up SIX talent slots to put more identity into classes.

And for Nurgle and Ranald’s nonconsensual baby’s sake do something about cleave.

Some reworked talents are great, some need polish and then there’s common “talents”. Neither THP nor stagger line should be there taking up slots. When I was learning the game and leveling they were “oh cool, I know what this does and how it works”, now it’s more “why are you lazy FS?” General talents either need to be somewhere else on items like I suggested before or a separate line that is same for all classes. It shouldn’t be part of class specific grid.

I still don’t like how obfuscated they are and really all cleave needed was fix that it was working on single targets.
THP on melee kill is also very counter productive, rather than incentive to hog kills it should just give everyone hp who partook in killing the target.

Only one I like is crit/HS THP option. It’s the only one that is straight forward.
Cleave is overnerfed and along stagger too unclear now in description how much you’re getting from it.
On kill also doesn’t give you the percentage of what HP is harvested nor is it conducive to good team play.

I both like the idea of them and dislike the effect new shiny had on dwarves to the point where every Slayer I see with them I consider waste of my bot space.

Until today I was kinda ok, but after seeing how it affected friend from over Atlantic and some experience before myself with near 200 ping I believe dodge windows should be modular. It’s really not enjoyable to not be host these days honestly.

Chaos faction expansion doesn’t feel like separate faction, just more emphasis on what Chaos already offered: less special type heavier frontline enemies. Partially I believe skaven are a bit shafted by this in game named after them.

Feels like Athel Yenlui with destruction spin over decay. I haven’t played enough of it to have more than first impression though.

I’m not fully against the idea, but Cata hasn’t been a selling point for me and I have no way to even try to see, if I could like it.
You should be able to invite people for least one fully finished game in Cata. That way at least players could market your difficulty. As is, I consider it a dirty tactic.

Extra arrow on ult feels kinda pointless, least piercing shot is kinda enjoyable and powerful in accurate hands. Could switch extra arrow for passive regen of arrows.

Handmaiden bleed ult isn’t interesting in of itself most other stuff outside stagger talents is enjoyable.

Didn’t feel much of a change on Shade but what she has was fun to toy around.

I think Merc is only one I felt like he was downgraded as a class. Can’t yet put a finger on why just yet.

I still kinda don’t like Hunstman but he did feel better.

I liked FK before, now he feels even better.

I didn’t like RV before, R bashing was hilarious though but that’s about it, I don’t like him less after changes.

IB looks cool in change department and I actually want to play him instead of avoiding him.

Slayer didn’t seem to get enough benefits from losing all his resistances.

Probably only class I found almost all changes interesting and fun.

Scratch that, Sienna too, I hated battle wizard, now I might enjoy her more than unchained.
Pyro wasn’t my style, but more tolerable with what she got.

I fixed some options for some reason going to higher selection and I can only complain only a crash per session maybe, bit less probably. That’s discounting how buggy it was though. Today I crashed basically because I died in Horn of Magus plaza after barrel event, so that was “fun” and probably related to fixes FS did.

Almost 2h to write this up on the phone… Gah.

All in all I’m most unsatisfied not by the game but by Fatshark. I can’t appreciate a dishonest developer and nothing coming from them dissuaded me from that notion. I’m not sure if it was a good thing to get invested in the game that much to put in over 700h into it over 6 months or so.
I wanted to buy dlc day one, I’m happy I didn’t.

Fatshark currently

9 Likes

Strictly inferior to Strike Together.

Also everyone can get extra AS, now extra cleave…

2 Likes

Aye, but Strike Together (Paced Strikes spread to nearby allies) is literally already 10% AS to your allies whenever Paced Strikes are active, hence why I said strictly inferior (even ignoring AS etc. talents on other classes).

But it’s going in the right direction, an offensive boost might make the talent worth it. I’d say increased cleave could actually be worthwhile (keeping the CDR and no THP).

At the same time, if someone comes up with something that is too good everyone will take the talent with how frequently it can be used. It might be better to ditch the CDR/no THP aspect altogether and instead make it eg all of your allies’ attacks inflict bleed while ult is active or something else new like that. Bleed on all attacks might still be a bit weak.

Yeah I was thinking offensiveness would be the only thing that would make that ult worth it if FS is committed to removing thp.

One of the biggest issues I’m have with the new Vermintide 2 is it feels so bad on ping right now.

4 Likes

The only thing that truly bothers me about this patch is that melee Unchained got clobbered badly with the double loss of both the increased max overcharge and the lower cooldown on explosion talents. Pseudo-BW-Unchained still functions, due to the talent that increases venting speed and decreases the damage of it, but that variant of Unchained was never of interest to me as it were both her aesthetics and melee capabilities that drew me to her.

Her staff I only used to gain heat and deal with out-of-reach specials, my melee was my primary means of dealing with enemies. It was a literally explosive way to play, discarding curse resistance in favor of cooldown reduction and crit on my trinket, allowing me to explode whenever I needed space to deal with a special. This worked because of UC’s tanky stats and the low cooldown reduction of my build. But now enemy damage has increased, dodge has been nerfed and cooldown raised.

Melee Unchained was my most beloved class and in Cataclysm she suffers due to any incoming damage passing by her defenses straight into her heatbar. In beastmen hordes she suffers the most due to how hard those attacks are to read, and stray arrows that just phase through hordes are a death sentence if she tries to get the most out of her melee damage passive. I have little hope that these circumstances will change in the future, as such I will learn to deal with it in time. But the road will be miserable and the end will likely not have much practical value, when compared to Battle Wizard’s current capabilities.

1 Like

I have literally stopped doing QP because I can’t play with bad ping after the dodge changes.

Now I have to host 100% of the time. And when I host, I usually make it priveate and play with bots, because my bad ping affects the entire team and we all die. Then I get bored of playing with bots and just log off.

It’s a vicious cycle. I want the old dodge back, not because it was better, but because it made the game PLAYABLE.

10 Likes

My thoughts haven’t changed much overall. I still think that the most serious problem with all this was that too many significant changes were brought in at once, which muddles up pretty much everything, from tracking bugs to finding out what change causes what shift in the feel, and makes all the changes feel even bigger than they are. I mostly like the point where the game is, and the direction it’s going, though.

As for some specific points:

The Talent changes have been generally good, and their situation is better than it was before 2.0, but there are several specific points of complaint still (most of which have been pointed out in individual threads).

For THP, while there certainly seems to be somewhat less of it going around now in general, I’m not annoyed by it. It might also be partially because of the apparent bugs and the increased amount of hits I take now. For specific Talents, Cleave still feels weak even on the strongest setups for it that I have tested, and the enemy Health buffs caused On Kill to become stronger than it was - too strong, at least when compared to the others.

The Weaves feel quite irrelevant to me still. I find multiple very strange design decisions there, beginning with separating them completely from anything else in the game and continuing on to supposedly being an “infinite endgame” but having functionally no replayability. The grind would be extremely annoying still if I were to care about the mode, but luckily I can circumvent that by just playing the regular game instead.

All the new weapons are at least good enough, though Spear and Shield seems to be the loser of this batch, with its visibility problems and frankly quite one-sided playstyle. It’s still good enough to use occasionally.

Dodge is hard to judge as I’ve been having some performance issues causing lag after the update (which makes things quite difficult to dodge reliably whenever it happens), but it does seem to have gone in a better direction.

Beastmen in general seem nice and do shift the gameplay enough to feel different, but they certainly need tweaking no matter whether their overt strength is buggy or by design. On their appearance on old maps, they wouldn’t be the gamechanger they are meant to be it they didn’t, but it seems that we’ve run into them in every map except the faction-limited ones, every time we’ve played. So they might appear too often…

I don’t really like the idea of Cata being locked; while I kind of understand at least some of the point of the challenges to open it up, locking it behind a paywall prevents a lot of player getting to play it, including people in my group even when half of us already own the expansion.

I don’t have any real comments on any of the Careers; while they all have changed, I don’t feel that any are particularly better or worse than they were, merely different. Mind you, I don’t have real Cata experience yet, so that may change something, but knowing myself I doubt it.

As I already mentioned, I have had performance issues after 2.0. No crashes, but significant stuttering which affects my gameplay a lot. It gets compounded in exactly the wrong situations, too. I haven’t tried tweaking the settings, but that has had minimal enough effect before, and my Internet connection is possibly partly to blame - but the issues got a lot worse after 2.0, so the update certainly is at least partly responsible.

One more additional thing, though: While I kind of like the changes in enemy aggression through the changes to the slot system, that seemed to bring back a huge amount of the old issues with hyperdensity. That one certainly need another look, and maybe (rarely for me) reverting the changes at least temporarily. I think those changes caused more issues than they made better.

4 Likes

One interesting side effect of this is that friendly fire damage actually seems a bit more problematic now, rather than just a mild annoyance to ignore.

3 Likes

At first I thought that Temporary HP was useless but after playing with it for awhile (Sienna main) I started to see that it was helpful agains beastmen and armoured units.

Anecdotal cnofirm, I thought I was just not doing it right, like there was some kind of esoteric way to target it or something.

1 Like

Awesome post. Hope FS takes note.

1 Like