Why is Huntsman the jankiest and worst feeling ranged career?

I mentioned BH first as a bad example on purpose, no reason to compare to him when his weapons don’t really have similarities. You acknowledged that Kruber’s longbow has a better breakpoint vs berserkers but then say WS has better breakpoints overall which doesn’t make sense. I’d say the weapon is balanced enough.

1 Like

Huntsman is fine as a class other than that incredibly dumb choice to make his view bob around when you Ult, which is an almost incomprehensible design choice, as you pointed out.

Longbow is just janky as hell. It was better when you could get a full charged shot without zooming. Also three different attack types is just awkward as hell for a longbow. Literally why Fatshark? I just don’t see a single reason why his longbow should be this awkward and unfun to use.

Simple possible solutions:
Revert longbow to how it was previously, so with good timing you can get full power without the zoom.
OR, make the zoom entirely optional with the rapier pistol button. If getting the charge time right was your main concern, rather than trying to deal with your view zooming while trying to aim, then the weapon would feel much smoother and nicer to use, without getting buffed per se.

I’d like to mention the longbow losing its very high finesse coefficient on the mid charge shot in WoM. Aiming headwards with mid charge was a decent alternative to firing full charges at bodies.
Of his guns, Repeater and Blunderbuss are alright but Handgun is falling behind in Cata+ where you still need to headshot to kill most elites and the long reload without his old talents is a drag.

Guys, this isn’t a thread about balance/damage/breakpoints. It’s about Huntsman being janky to play and having some poor designs, and that those designs should be addressed. If you want to talk about the balance/damage/etc.of Huntsman Longbow vs Kerillian or anyone else, make a separate thread for that. Kerillian’s Longbow was only used as an example of a good feeling bow, from a functionality standpoint.

4 Likes

??? I explain myself better:

• With Bloodshot, Elf Longbow has better breakpoints and it’s faster/more accurate; and Bloodshot is almost always active;

• Also without Bloodshot, Elf Longbow has the same breakpoints toward most Specials and SV… and it’s still faster/more accurate;

• Monks/Berserkers are one of the very rare exceptions, but Elf Longbow is still better. Because if to kill an enemy we need 3/4 arrows, the most important thing becomes dps and not breakpoints. I shoot 4 arrows much much faster with Elf Bow than 3 arrows with Human Longbow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.