Why cant i use swears on a warhammer forum?

why is it that for some reason, swear words proper arent allowed to be used and could someone at least if that wont be changed make it so the words get auto censored on post instead of simply telling you what words you said leaving you to find and censor them yourself…

I saw a forum somewhere that just replaced every single swearword in every single use case with the word “kitten”, made for some pretty entertaining posts.

1 Like

I think I found one of the results :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, so it was guild wars, good to know :smiley:

these aren’t warhammer forums, these are fatshark forums, yes its hard to Believe but fatshark makes other games,
and not every game they make is 18+

might even law in sweden to protect minors from swearwords no clue.

The way the current timeline and deepest lore (irl) goes, you shouldn’t be surprised. The USA itself stands at the cusp of cracking down on language.

That and off the cuff language has never been popular with companies, that was always more a gamer to gamer thing.

Baseline TOS of no excessive swearing has been standard for many decades now. Even without political angles, it also comes off incredibly trashy and lacks class. You will find no place in the world that endorses such behavior, at best begrudgingly accepts it.

2 Likes

“You’re in the House of the Emperor. Be respectful to the sisters and watch your frakking language.” -Corporal Vail, 597th Valhallan

2 Likes

my dude this is in the warhammer 40k darktide general disscusion tab… what the literal hell are ya smokin XD

dude saying fucking once or even just sht once is enough to stop you from being able to post… like hell i wouldnt even care if i could at least write the words and have it auto censored on post by doing what i manually did with the swears in this post like any other forum that censors basic curse or swear words than i ultimatly would only be mildly annoyed but this is just lazy on top of old generation levels of restricting… like srly even the word fck is literally just a exagerrating adjective that goes a bit above the ‘greater’ adjective at least in terms of everyone under fckin 30…

Australia wants a word

Doesn’t it censor the word before you post or make you re-write it?
Eh, nobody is going to freak out if you circumvent it and write ducking once or something.
I get why they did it, though. Look at the Steam Forums. Look at 4chan. Wherever there is freedom of speech or more tolerance than usual, people do go overboard a lot.
In the latter I can’t even make a single topic without being called degatory words for being African American.
Now I don’t care about this, I think it’s funny. But it also sabotages discussion culture.
Go to Steam Forums or 4chan boards. A meaningful conversation has become rare. Most of it is cussing.

it lets you know that you have a nono word in your text, and prevents you from posting until its gone.

a community forum a few friends and I ran for a while had the best filters on any website. We swapped the n word with ‘my man’ to give you a glimpse into the glory.

2 Likes

my dude, swears like fck and sht are not even on the same planet as sht like racial slurs dipsht… swears literally for everyone under 30 are just a normal part of speech to be basically the somewhat bigger to most normal adjectives big if you get what i mean. beyond that i already pointed out this form tells you which words werent allowed and tells you to re-write them yourself without highlighting them or giving any indication to their location in the actual dmn post which is super fcking annoying epecially when every other place that censors sh*t auto censors it and has it written in the TOS to not space the word out to get around it unless you wanna get forum banned.

like srly if it was just racial slurs being forcably censored than i wouldnt give a d*mn but the fact its that its even the most mellow of swear words and at least for example from my perspective, its like if you decided fudge and darn were “TOO SERIOUS OF SWEARS TO BE ALLOWED TO EXIST!!!”

forum rules won’t change anyway

mayhaps but they definantly wont change if i didnt say anything. you miss every shot you dont take my dude…

and this shot wasn’t even in the right direction.

they don’t gain anything, so why would they update their guidelines

hey at least this post got some moderate attention my guy, even if they dont necessarily have anything to gain, maybe they will at least see it so i at least was only a few feet above their head.