What is your highest priority for V2? (Poll)

A gameplay overhaul is the only thing that would get me back to this game.

huh? :astonished:

1 Like

More maps & polishing what they have.

Vermintide have always been about smashing heads & burning fur for me.
I play Legendary & Cata, I think that gameplay wise the game is in a good spot.
There’s always room for improvements & bugs to fix but I do not agree that the game is in a broken state, like some vocal people suggesting.

I think that Fatshark have a lot of ambition but I think that they stray away sometimes.
Weaves with effects based on the different winds of magic is a good idea.
In my opinion the problem was that instead of implement it in to the core game mode they decided to make another mod, splitting the player base.
By adding weaves they also added more to keep updated.
Fatshark spoke a lot about cosmetics & the keep in the beta but I my opinion it feels very rushed.

They made the keep big so they could add stuff but everything feels so scattered, I don’t see the point in having frames in the Heroes rooms because there is no reason to go there.
I feel the same with the trophy room.
Why not place everything in the main area for display where players will meet when joining a game.
I would add a lot more frames in the main area, right now it is so empty.

Cosmetics are in the game but I don’t think it’s thought through. Items and cosmetics share space and I do not understand what they were thinking when they designed it like that.
Also at this point, almost two years after release, I would have liked more cosmetics in the game.

I know some people want them to release content more frequently but I would rather see them polish what they have & take the time they need. Weaves, cosmetics & the keep feels rushed and not thought through.

1 Like

I agree on that.

Many features clearly have not been thought through, but – what’s worse – haven’t been even properly iterated on afterwards.

There’s that lingering idea that the game should offer a plethora of attractions and that they all don’t need to suit everyone. The problem is – a bunch of half-baked ideas doesn’t make up a great game, and slapping on another unfinished feature doesn’t win over anyone. Besides, this is not an MMO.

The easiest proof of that is that people keep coming back to the game because of it’s core gameplay, which everyone agrees on, is well executed (aside from some glitches, maybe).

4 Likes

I agree. You put my thoughts into words much better then I did!

Red helmet… after two years is my unique priority.

Performance improvements would be neat, the game runs way worse than I think it should for some reason. Picking recommneded options makes you dip to 25-30 FPS from time to time in hordes.
Even dropping down to medium options has drops to 45-50 FPS. And I had hoped to get 60+ reliably. :confused:

1 Like

More content. I can play with almost anything in the other fields as long as we get a semi-constant/regular stream of new content for the game.

1 Like

yea… im 100% on the content/weapons side first. this game needs some life breathed into it and that hype will go a long way

1 Like

I feel with you on this issue.

I no longer care enough to get into long discussions, but I’m sick this week so have checked in on the forums. I miss the gameplay of pre-2.0. And fat shark is moving continuously further away from what I liked about V2.

Barring another shift in their gameplay I’m out.

Other, waiting for Geneviève Dieudonné to be added.

2 Likes

Holy smoke, just fix what everyone has been moaning about since pre-launch beta.

Opening chests is annoying, salvaging is annoying, rerolling is annoying, having to wait through countless loading screens before getting into another run is annoying, people taking forever to join is annoying, not having your friends listed in the lobby browser and whether their lobby has a free slot is annoying.

In short, do something about the things that are annoying your customers.

Also, start doing things properly. Launch Lohners Emprium with dozens if not hundreds of items for example. Almost every.single.thing has been launched half-assed.

New maps are always welcome, and have been cried for since 2 years ago. Give it up, one or 2 a year is the max.

3 Likes

well things do seem to be looking up compared to, lets say… 8 months ago. they hinted at porting over the crafting system from weaves into base game. weekly update thing, lohner thing, etc. dont give up on them yet is all im saying. slowly but surely i have hope

3 Likes

I want and need to believe.

1 Like

I just want combat to be satisfying again. On ps4, dodging is clunky, and weapons like like the x sword can’t even cut a head off without getting a crit.

1 Like

Voted Crafting and Deeds.

Crafting when it comes to Traits, Modifiers that really need to be changed/buffed. Perhaps a crafting material sink.

Deeds just need to be looked at. They were released and then forgotten.

Map Editor would be my “Other” option.

3 Likes

My priorities are bugs and console development.

I want console development because it’s not right that Xbox and PS4 are at least six months behind PC at times. You don’t know how infuriating it is to find out that there’s some great new feature like Lohner’s Emporium being added only to know you’re not going to get it for months because you are not part of the “PC master race”. It just seems like they don’t even think about porting content to consoles until they’re already started working on the next batch of PC content. All content should be released simultaneously, PERIOD. Even if that means delaying content because you have to spend extra time getting consoles working. This game is not a timed exclusive, so why is it being treated as such?

And no, PC is not the “beta test” , if it was then Winds of Magic would not have been so broken when it was released on Xbox. My sound breaks litteraly every single match that has beastmen, some times it breaks so bad that I can’t even hear my party chat until I mute the game. WoM content crashes 1/2 to 3/4 of the time. Beastmen spawn stuck in walls, stuck in floors, stuck in the air, I once had a Minotaur spawn underneath the map of Dark Omens and wipe my team. Specials and monsters don’t do their spawn sounds half the time, they just pop up in the middle of a hoard with no warning. Joining matches sucks, it takes way to long and is messed up any time a second person joins at the same time. If I join a match as a character, I should spawn in as THAT character no matter what.

I might be asking too much, but these are basic things that most other games do, so why can’t V2 do them?

1 Like

Fair enough, the pre2.0 vs 2.0 has been discussed to hell and back already.

Thing is, PC is easier to identify and fix bugs as there’s no vetting process - FS can release patches whenever they want without having to go through Sony/Microsoft vetting process. It makes sense to test things on the Master Race before releasing to consoles - purely to spot bugs long before it gets to the PS4/XBOX gate.

If you’d been here when they launched the beta for WoM and a Footknight could cause 100k damage with completely broken Mace+Shield stagger, or weaker weapons causing no stagger at all you’d see how much of a vast improvement the Xbox version was. While I agree 2.0 was still an awful launch for all platforms, the consoles didn’t have the complete utter shambolic chaos of the beta. I cannot explain how utterly busted the game was during the open and closed beta tests.

There was also an period of 9 months where absolutely nothing happened for PC players while FS got the game ready to launch on consoles. It is a see-saw, where release on console halts progress for PC players, and vice versa. I personally think FS are closing the gap between PC/Consoles although there will always be the speed-bump of Sony/Microsoft vetting the releases.