What are you doing FatShark?

'Course not. I can only guess at their internal process. As a product manager in real life i can make recommendations based on what a normal dev team could reasonably accomplish and what the product needs. What a product needs is always priority.

What are they doing? They are failing. Dark tide might be doomed here…

Well… they better fix crafting before that launch.

Unless this content the hopefully add, is proper gear progression, it is probably worth nothing.
Gear progression in itself is content. It gives a purpose to playing.

Right now, we have no purpose in playing.
No matter what we do, time spent on anything that we farmed, is likely just wasted.

New classes and new weapons?
Who cares? Can‘t play with the weapons i want anyway (unless you get very lucky).

New maps?
Who cares? We play the new map a few times, but once the novelty wears off, it is still just another map, where we farm ressources to delete in a garbage system.

The force swords came with the deflector blessing baked in and if you got one with the actual blessing on it, it messed up your blocking completely

I agree. An excuse to queue a mission is critical to Darktides success and one way to do that is to ensure the gear grind is difficult enoug to draw people in but not so punishing as to prevent people from ever achieving their objective.

This seems pretty hyperbolic to me. I play mostly for the entertainment of playing challenging missions and bonking stuff. This game still delivers on that point, but its getting stale. I need more ways to bonk things and more challenging missions. One of the enemies of that is the way the mission board locks me out of content I want.

However: as crafting goes I think siloed resources is the worst of it. It also locks me out of content I might otherwise experience because who wants to grind so much just to try something out? Burden is too high relative to interest.

You don’t have to get that lucky to try out a decent weapon and see if it holds any interest for you. Its not the build you might have wanted for sure. I was able to get adequate (b tier) blessings and perks on just about every newly released weapon last patch on day one. Except the powersword because my vet had no mats and I wasn’t going to grind for them.

Loot grinds are not endgame to me. Interesting maps and vistas to backdrop my slaughter is what appeals to me. I still really like playing Comms Plex but it rolls so infrequently I don’t get the opportunity much.

Just to be clear I am not saying the crafting system is fine. We all know it needs work. But adding content is critical for drawing and keeping players. The crafting system alone isn’t that interesting, it’ll let me get perfect roles on a handfull of weapons I already looked at and discarded for lack of interest. That’s all it offers.

I agree that i was a bit hyperbolic :smiley:
Of course, the gameplay itself is fun.
And new stuff is interesting for sure.

But all old and new stuff would feel so much better, if the crafting situation was in a better place, so that any time we play, we actually get some progression.

This gets a thumbs up from me.

I think we all need to stop arguing as a community about whether it is A or B (crafting/progression improvements OR maps/classes/weapons content) and recognize that Darktide needs A and B rather badly if its going to be a success. These two things reinforce each other.

Also, I would assume, these two spheres are mostly done by different staff/developer teams, so it’s not like they can’t be making progress on both in parallel.

I’m trying to be optimistic, but so far every content release has been pretty underwhelming. It already looks like the one ‘new map’ is simply a remake of a current one. With no major issues being even mentioned as being addressed (crafting, progression, weapon customization, character customization, etc etc) I fear it’ll be a handful of new weapons, an old map in reverse, and some kind of paid content that costs more than the game (/s).

My expectations for the “Big End of May Patch” were pretty heavily dampened when they revealed that the new map would just be another Enclavum Baross variant and not a totally new zone. Unless it’s coming with some big fixes to server stability/performance and some new gear as well I think this patch they’ve been hyping for a month is gonna land like a wet fart.

We’re six months out from release and all I’m thinking is “when, if ever, are they gonna start on their originally planned update schedule?” What’s worse is we know they have a lot of content finished and presumably ready to go, still not seeing any of the cosmetics that we know have been in the game since beta because the game would bug out and reveal more cosmetics than were/are available, so they could be rolling out beefier content drops, but aren’t for mysterious reasons.

I still think it’s false advertising that this game isn’t listed as Early Access.

There’s frames in the VT2 game files that have been there since launch and still never been released.

It’s how FS work I’m afraid. I simply don’t get hyped for anything anymore (Sienna new class anyone?) and I expect the worst and FS somehow deliver the bare minimum they can.

Games currently in Early Access are far more polished than this. It’s just sad.

I have some cynical thoughts that if DT keeps disappearing up its own arse, then VT2 might get some more attention to keep another income stream going.

The thing that pisses me off is how much wasted potential we’re sitting on. This game is like an inch and a half away from being 15/10, top tier, oh wow my goodness me look at the big number go up, great. I have played so much darktide and I would have been so thrilled to shovel money at this game. But there’s nothing worth buying and nothing for sale.

Its long on promises and short on delivery. It refuses to focus on what makes it great and discard what makes it bad. It won’t stop rubbing my nose in the parts of it that I hate. Its like the most almost done game ever. I hope I get the chance to dump another…700 hours +/- the crash launcher getting stuck running over night regularly…into Darktide. Because I have like 1400 hours in Warframe and I am not going to be upset if I make this my hobby for 2-4 years.

COUGH UP THE GOODS DARKTIDE!

The game is fine dont get so worked up over it

It’s like FS is doing a challenge run to see how long you can keep a company afloat while changing nothing about your development strategy at any point. Every time I boot up DT I feel like I’m playing the result of a monkey’s paw wish for a 40k shooter. Like you said, it makes you crazy how close to being good the game is. Can’t put into words how frustrating it is.

If you seriously think this I want to know what other games you play, because an online only “live service” game where I regularly have to make like 3-4 attempts to join a match or enter the hub is absolutely not “fine” unless I see an Early Access tag. Maybe the kind of problems this game has would be fine if we were six weeks out from release instead of six months.

Feel like this is bc DT is in the unusual position of having an extremely compelling core gameplay loop (normally the hard part to get right) that is dragged down by crappy peripheral stuff (shops, mission board, etc, usually this is the easy part to get right). So people are just on here constantly browbeating FS to fix their God awful peripheral systems

What Fatshark is doing:

Game is basically EA, don’t expect much for a year. I wouldn’t bash the designers too hard, most of the issues with the game reek of middle to upper management fu***ry. Probably why the game released as is instead of doing so as an EA title or a year later too. Probably why we got all the gacha BS too. Corpo shenanigans.

A big slap in the face when the devs came out and said maps are easier to create in Darktide, yet V2 has released a new map since that dev-post.

Roblox