Weapon properties and traits (updated after a little bit of testing)

a lot of my suggestions were based of champ and legend
NB on legend is utterly garbage. Boon of Shall swamps NB in every corner of this game.
You get 10 times the amount of of THP with BoS
If you are a zealot and using NB, you are playing him wrong. Why? sure it gives you THP but it also regens his health. So it negates his bonuses. You live off THP so BoS is the proper choice there.
I understand that my suggestions for actual stat changes may not sound right.

I will say that NB is garbage and does not clearly heal fast enough on higher difficulties. To warrant you to choose that trait. There are clearly better ones to be chosen.

Parry, all I am saying is open up the window a little more for parrying. Then that trait becomes more viable. Even as host parrying is not perfect and things can still go through your block, or buff the block radius with parry or with perfect block, you get 40% attack bonus for 2 or 3 seconds
there should be a bigger reward with parry blocking, 3 seconds because if parried, they get pushed, you get pushed back and need a 1 second to get closer to attack enemy

No it’s not. I understand that you feel that way. It’s okay. But if several persons disagree, including people that play “a freakin’ lot” in the highest difficulties (including cataclysm and high weaves). That’s probably mean you can be wrong about this. It’s okay. You did your part, and the discussion about traits is going well.

You’re kinda right on this part, it’s not a great choice on him. It’s a great choice on Bounty Hunter though.

3 Likes

weaves have a completely different perk system compared to story acts. this has nothing to do with weaves!

NB in story acts
NB reovers 1 hp every 5 seconds

in Weaves, NB heals, or at least it feels like it heals so much faster, plus you get bigger bonuses in weaves compared to regular story acts in the game

NB makes more sense in weaves but is trash in the story mode play through

Waystalker with Isha’s Embrace (amaranthe heals to 100%) is great with Natural Bond.
Pyromancer with the talent that requires high hp is great with natural bond.
Iron breaker is great with natural bond, since you barely ever take damage anyway.
I’m sure there’s more.

Quite simply, there’s a lot of cases where natural bond is working perfectly fine, so it doesn’t need a buff. Because not all traits need to work amazing with every build.

3 Likes

why is it that NB users, well the ones that I have seen recently regardless of character they so choose either tanky or not get downed first all the time and barely survive with such a slow re-healing rate.
I am not talking about making it crazy fast either. It def needs a slight buff to its mechanic

I can tell you that no one sits in the back just waiting for the horde to die down, everyone is greedy for kills or wants to help out in some way. so no, I can’t agree to with what you are saying cause I have not seen any one good or bad play like what you say.

Cataclysm have the same perk system. It’s still useful =p

same perks but bigger bonuses

Natural bound gives the exact same hp per second in all difficulties oO

2 Likes

I use NB in legend with FK and Merc. For FK with damage reduction is great, and for Merc, due tmp health generation is great too.

ok, seriously i second am talking about weaves then were talking story
there are differences in both modes.

I did not say anything about difficulties making a difference to stats on the weapon/armor or trait
I said specifically weaves have slightly different mechanics behind NB

In reality Shields are those weapons that would have the lowest benefits from Opportunist. This trait would not add any cool breakpoints.
While, other careers like HM (wich is a crowd control career that… can’t stagger hordes), would be a little bit better.

Man, I mean, 99 is just a symbolic %… it could be 80-85-90%. SS already gives attack speed… in every case it should be less strong than RC to charge faster the ult.
And obvly Fatshark should buff RC and not nerf SS (but this is another speech).

Probably shields are the only weapons that can use Off Balance… but just because the other traits, on shields, are even more useless.

Dunno, here I simply don’t agree. I mean, should I wait to get stuck to find Opportunist (maybe) useful? Probably, with SS, I would not be in that bad situation. Anyway I don’t feel any significant difference.

I don’t agree because, as said, ranged careers are squishy. I get damaged > NB starts to work… but it takes ages to give me those HP that would save me from a second attack.
Anyway almost every ranged career can farm tHP: HS has spear, BW has fire sword and fire dagger, RV has shields and 1h Hammer… they all have tHP on stagger. Even BH + rapier can farm a decent tHP. An entire trait just for WS? And maybe Pyro (even if crowbill + %crit + tHP on kill is a good combo).

Yeah, we won’t agree, but if there’s an issue about agreeing or not on its usefulness, then it means it’s actually fine (because it’s actually played, even if you disagree). We do all agree though on Heroic Intervention being useless. So if we have to take priorities. I would like everything else being changed before this trait, where we don’t agree, but it proves than some people find it fine and some people not, both at high levels of play.

• Natural Bound prevents you to be one shotted (as NB stores the 1 hp ticks, and gives you 1 hp when you fall to 0 full life), so it’s actually great on squishy, because you’ll actually not die from even a chaos warrior overhead if you’re full life.
  • Natural bound serves as a bandage, when you get poisoned, friendly fire, flamed. It generate health over time, so if you naturally not being hit by “normal attacks” it’s actually a pretty good choice to cover for attacks you CAN’T block (like flames).
  • Some careers are bad at thp generation (already said Bounty Hunter or sienna’s ones), therefore, you really don’t need Boon instead, because your thp generation will still sucks. Of couse, you CAN still play squishy character and regen some (you tell me BH with rapier for example), but here, there’s a clear choice.

Yeah, but I was saying Cataclysm was not weave and it was fine in Cataclysm =p (and same mechanics are used in Cataclysm than in the normal game)

1 Like

BH is a enemy deleter in this game. you can get easy THP with boon, what are you talking about, all his talents are crit bonus, you equip with crit properties you are nearly untouchable
the only thing that hurts him is when he has a weapon out and you can’t defend cause you are targeting something which i have no issues with. By that I mean
sure if you have rapier and dual hand cannons, you destroy everything
haven’t used the other ones as much as I liked, I have just gotten use to that setup
NB is garbage with BH, yeah i get that you can’t get 1 tapped but but the next hit you are pretty much dead to rights.

Thus having BoS instead of NB makes a whole lot more sense.

how is that even a question

Indeed I didn’t said “it’s useless”. It’s a decent trait, but I still find it “not fine”. I mean: usable? Sure. It would need a buff? Totally yep.
Those tHP donated from Shallya’s Boon will save you more times than that 1HP donated from NB (and we must not forget: no green HP from medkits!)… moreover, I reepeat, an entire trait only for Pyro and BH (anyway, with BH, I can farm a very good amount of tHP)?

Then I repeat, just differnt opinions.

BH is a RANGED enemy deleter. You don’t get any thp from a ranged kill since a year of patches oO
BH thp talent are mostly bad and it’s not a frontliner. So yeah natural bound is okay on him. That doesn’t mean you can’t play boon. That means natural bound is a good choice for him. Understand there’s a good variety of possible builds right now. Not only one choice like a few months ago.
If it can be a good choice in a variety of career builds, that mean the trait is actually okay.
If you want a buff, okay why not. But there’s a fine line between a small buff (that it could use but doesn’t really NEED). And a buff that makes it the new-way-to-go trait.
By any means Natural Bound is pretty far from trash currently. (Cf. Points already stated)

Granted you didn’t say that, op did.

Well. It’s then still better than boon that actually doesn’t prevent you to be 1 tapped AT ALL. Of course if you are in a situation where you actually take several hits, you’ll be dead with nb or boon.

If I can go an entire level without needing a healing item, not going down or dying and letting my team heal up every time, then NB is doing everything it needs to be, passively healing me all game. Sure you can get more thp with other traits but no other trait will top off your green health without requiring a healing item. Thp will go away between fights and most certainly on ranged careers where ambients are gonna die to ranged weapons instead of melee. Boon is pretty mediocre most of the time when you have 2 grims and a base 100 hp character.

1 Like

NB its ok now, but should be great add one green health point every five crits or something like that.

am going to test it out if you select heal share talent with NB and see if it has any positive or negative effects from not choosing the other 2 options of either staggering or killing for THP gains.
As that would be the issue and that lies the issue with creating different builds.

This is perfect, couldn’t have said it better. I’d like to add that Opportunist is just a straight stagger buff (exactly as Cody would like).

Good stuff Para

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.