Warhammer 40k Darktide crashes

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Issue Description (Required):

Sometimes the screen flickers, freezes, and crashes during gameplay.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID: ab2810f0-158a-47bb-a3ee-1153e9f72f68
Log File:
Info Type:

[Engine Error]: HRESULT: 0x887a0005 = DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: GetDeviceRemovedReason() = DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

At D:\a\d\rel_engine_darktide\release\2025_02_19_Patch1.7.x\runtime\d3d12_render_device\d3d12_debug.cpp:1548 in function stingray::aftermath::d3d_assert


[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2025-06-18-14.42.47-ab2810f0-158a-47bb-a3ee-1153e9f72f68.log (129 KB)
console-2025-06-17-19.38.28-567ee125-ad45-49e0-bc0f-7e9e0c1cb669.log (196 KB)
console-2025-06-17-20.07.26-e1412c28-9bdd-4956-9614-07649cbab069.log (160 KB)
console-2025-06-17-19.57.59-3f0e2851-18ec-46f1-9a2d-4e2cff415698.log (167 KB)
console-2025-06-18-15.02.19-e8e9c758-e2f5-40da-aba9-1b4cf4826aa4.log (973 KB)

Hey Walia, with this being a GPU-related crash, please see the solutions listed here:

[PC] How to Resolve GPU Crashes in Darktide

The fixes implemented by the developer did not resolve the issue. The image still becomes banded before an enemy wave, It still crashes afterward.

I have tested several methods:

  • launching the game in windowed mode
  • lowering the graphics settings
  • reinstalling the game
  • reinstalling DirectX
  • reinstalling C++
    *tried with x pass version too

I kindly ask the developers to review the log files.
console-2025-06-24-16.43.44-6524be56-7aeb-49e3-be2e-b968a1d62fe2.log (165.4 KB)