Very high CPU usage since last update

Very big CPU usage since last update, very poor performance even at lowest setting. Used to run very well on normal.

Playing on steam

Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU NVIDIA RTX 2060

1 Like

Since release, I have had 50% CPU usage on my end as well. It is only using like 4% of my GPU. I turned down the cores it has access to in the launcher. But, it still uses a lot. It is causing huge stuttering issues. The game is barely playable.

same here. 9700k and almost 95%-100% doing nothing in the hub…

Not to be Mr Obvious, but Darktide is chewing on only a 60% cpu utilization, their are more processing utilizing your CPU, from what the screen grab shows, both steam and discord are claim a large piece of the pie. Steam/Discord In-Game overlay turned on? Both are known to can take a good chunck out of performance.

I’ve the same CPU and same utilization of Darktide.exe which fluctuates between 40% and 70% , but without the ‘total’ CPU utilization capping at 100%, I’m hovering between 50% ~ 80%.

Same CPU, same problem. Game crashes randomly at randomy intervals not matter the worker thread. “1” seems to prevent crashes but runs so bad not worth. Lately I’ve been using 3 but used to use 5. I can’t even run it in fullscreen or I get deadlocked GPU instead of hang which is way worse.

2080 btw (no OC as that crashes it even faster)
32gb DDR4 3000 ram

I just want to use my whole system and not have “will I crash” at the back of my mind all the time.