100% CPU Usage 5% GPU Usage - unplayable since 24th

Issue Description:
Since the 21st i was able to play on 1440p medium settings “relatively fluently” eventhough it was quite demanding for my system, but since the 24th i have extreme stuttering and freezing even on 1080p lowest settings - constantly. CPU Usage jumps to 100% and GPU Usage peaks at 5%. Already followed the Guide to improve performance.

Attempted Solutions:

• Checked for Malware
  • Checked for Updates
  • Followed Guide for improved performance
  • Changed Data from HDD to SSD

Platform:
[Steam]

PC Specifications:
Intel Core i7-7800X @ 3.50GHz (Motherboard: Asus PRIME X299-A)
NVidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
16GB RAM

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-27-16.37.22-75f069d3-21c9-4cb4-a42a-cce5c481d8fc.log (205.5 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (419.8 KB)

I had this exact issue.

Download the newest nvidia drivers (even if you already have them installed), and do a CLEAN INSTALL. Reboot, check your gpu usage in gpu-z.

As this is part of the “Guide for improved Performance” i already did that.

Actually I didn’t properly read your post. If your CPU is at 100%, then it’s bottlenecking your system. Your GPU can’t be used more b/c you’re out of processing power.

Did you read as well, that before the 24th i was able to play on far better settings, far smoother?

Yep. Sounds like performance got worse (it did for me). Also, your CPU is currently bottlenecking your system :slightly_smiling_face:

I am guessing the utilization monitoring you are using is wrong.
This game seems impossible to run well without a high end pc, so it will not run well with those specs, no offense.

I’m able to run it fine (if you consider never dropping below 30fps fine) with everything on low @1080p on a laptop with an i7-7700HQ and a GTX1060, so that seems suspect to me. Something else is probably going on for OP.

Update: Razer Synapse /Razer Mouse is causing extreme CPU usage, without the mouse/the synapse center running its 10-20 % better - still its not something i would consider “playable” (most of the time in single-digit-FPS)

I actually had Vermintide 2 on my Steam, so i installed it and tested it as i thought this is a “good way” to test if its actually my hardware having issues with this kind of game - It’s similarly playable as Duncan describes his experience - but even on lower resolution with lower overall settings i have a by far worse experience at Darktide.

My hardware is surely not “perfect” but it doesnt really seem that its the issue here.

push Still nothing changed - why can it be that it worked “smoothly” 2 resolutions higher and now its unplayable? If this was a trick to get you over the refund-hours - well, ill soon try anyway.