Vermintide Q & A week 38 dissected (Long Angry Post)

In an unmodded game, holding Tab brings up a player list, which is devoid of useful information outside of player name and vote kick. If the players are using a Loadout mod, we can see the equipment they are using and the talents they’ve selected. This is very useful information to have but only if all players have this mod.

This feature should NOT BE a mod, it should be QOL out of the gate from day one! If you need to walk over to the portal to inspect the other players, not only is that a waste of time, the only information you can see is what class and what melee/range weapon they have. Compare that to just holding Tab and taking a quick glance at everything.

Everything great about VT1 was just thrown out the door in VT2.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I might add, I’m still waiting for an answer. Hedge reply at the time was “I’d like to answer your question but just need some clarifications on said question. <3”
I’ve then replied to the post, sent him messages periodically, created a new topic here and posted in patch topics more than once. Still no answer. I’m having a damn hard time believing the will to comunicate is genuine.

1 Like

What was your question? They very well could have forgot about it.

Okay i pretty much get why people get angry about the status quo of Vermintide 2. The sheer amount of bugs and systems that are not working is simply too much for a paying audience.

And this just results in threads like this. I got very frustrated aswell … i started playing V2 just a couple of weeks before 2.0 and had a blast. For over a month now im sitting here , waiting for the game to return to the fun thing it was when i initally bought it. But its not the design decisions like the Weaves or the Stagger machanics … its the bugs and its even more frustrating when the same bugs occur over and over again. Just the same thing gets patched back in … i mean i understand that stuff like this can happen from time to time but the current track record of breaking stuff while fixing stuff is on another level.

And its not just frustration … i am losing faith in this dev team. I appreciate the effort and the numerous patches that came since the inital release of 2.0. Also all the nice stuff promised with season 2 , including sweet free content is just great and i really honestly believe that fatshark is working very hard on the game. But do i believe that this team is actually able to deliver a quality product in the end ? Sadly the answer is no and i think implementing even more systems into Vermintide 2 will just end up in having even more construcion sites in the game.

To me … Fatshark does not seem to be able to do a proper documentation of problems and bugs for their game. Even with the reddit post where a teammember stated how the dev-branch stuff is organized , i can not understand how so unbelievable many bugs and problems can reoccur over and over and over again (not even speaking of the new bugs that join the roster). The team behind this game seems to be poorly organized and even if they put in 200% the effort … with no structure you can work you butt off and still go nowhere with it.

And to make things clear. Im not firing at a specific member or team withing fatshark games. I just believe that there is something very wrong with the way the work in this company is documented and organized. And this is just so sad because Fatshark proved how hard they work on the game and that they are willing to satisfy their playerbase with the increased number of direct responses on different platforms and the steps towards season 2. So attacking Marten on his statements doesnt even make any sense to me … im glad he came to talk to us in the first place. But i can only say again … all the hard work is probably going to shatter on mount-bugmore if there are no changes made to the actual quality of the game and the released patches.

3 Likes

Well … I will repeat myself but the situation also repeats. This entire project simply surpassed the capabilities of FS. They are cool people but they have absolutely no way to carry things that they want to force. Instead of doing what they are good at, they try to create something they don’t have any idea about.

Frankenstein’s monster comes out of it all, which is a pity because the game can be developed really nice way. Well, what to do … you can see that someone “smarter” knows better what will be “cool” and what players want.

1 Like

Don’t buy.
Don’t play.
Its that easy,
FS literally broke the game with every single major patch without addressing one real issue. It was 100% predictable that their new version would end up exactly like this. Its tradition. Just as ignoring the community and circlejerking with fanboys instead is.
The second you bought the next great “seriously guys?”-project from them, you supported their way of doing business.

I’ve periodically sent him PMs, so I doubt it’s a matter of forgetfulness

What is your question?

Oh yeah sorry.
It’s if they have any plans to change the way beastmen are present in the old maps, or add a switch to turn them off. You know how I feel, I’ve made more than a topic on it, and provided different suggestions on the way. I’ve failed to get any answer on the topic by fatshark. The AMA answer led me to believe they didn’t even perceive what the issue was, but that they were very eager to provide me with an answer if I could just clarify what the issue was for me, that’s why besides a reply on reddit I’ve occasionally posted the question where I saw hedge post about news, and once a week/every two weeks sent him a PM on the offchance he’s just been busy. But I’m losing confidence by the day.
You know it’s a dealbreaker for me from the fact I used to play every day (total ~1500 hours played) while I’ve all but stopped playing the game altogether. I’d like an answer from the developers at this point. Basically, I’m uninterested in the game if it’s how they’ll handle it, believe it or not. If I have a chance to untick the beastmen in the old maps without locking myself from content i’ll be ok. If they put more work in it and it feels like something organic I might be ok aswell.

PS I know not everybody feels like I do, so I have no desire to turn this into an other discussion about why this may or may not be fine. I just wanted to point out that besides having the game ruined for me (a subjective statement, not an hyperbole) I’m losing confidence on the devs, because reasons (I could list them if anybody, devs included, were interested in knowing them) and one of these is that of late I perceive them as saying one thing while thinking/doing an other. The official answer I got on reddit and the fact I still am being unanswered is just an example. I hope to be proved wrong.

3 Likes

The recent patch states very specifically that they only reduced beastmen horde spawns by 25%. Not much else was mentioned.

I’m glad to see there are posts made displaying gratitude for the change and some players are more content than they were before.

My personal experience in a week of playing, my win/lost ratio went from 33% to 50% win rate in QP. Small improvement. My losses are still due to bugs that never got fixed.

Silent Boss spawns on top of me
Silent Patrols on top of me
Enemies falling out of the map and still hitting me through the floor
Silent cows dropping down behind me
Horde spawning behind me after I just cleared an area

I died and I spectated one of the surviving teammates. He cleared an area and I watched as replacement mobs were spawned right behind him as he turned around and they were already in attack mode. It’s not as if they crawled out of a spawn hole, no…they just magically appeared out of the ether. They didn’t despawn and respawn due to the number of mobs on screen, it’s the AI director just popping them wherever it pleases.

I’m playing Halescourge, I’m in the building that is on a cliff edge with 3 levels, having to scale the stairs, just before jumping across a river area (a bit just before the first tome).
I’m hugging the wall and fighting off some Maulers, when I get thrown off the cliff because a silent Chaos Spawn popped through the wall on my left.

Next map was Engines of War, the team is almost at the end of the map where we just got past the final Tome area. I’m once again hugging a wall and kiting some elites, full stamina. Minotaur pops out of the wall and destroys me before I can react.

What part of any of that was fair?

So while some people are happy with the change, I say “Fatshark, you don’t credit for fixing your own mistakes.” The praise is not deserved at all. It’s like praising your child for breaking your favorite Vase and taking a month to glue it back together. Poorly, I might add.

1 Like

We will answer your questions in this week’s Q&A bud :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Much appreciated.

For the record, generally speaking it’s not lack of a proper answer that’s grating, it’s the silence. I know you guys are a bit conflicted about giving answers in case they get mistaken as promises, but something on the line of “this is the first time we introduce a new race as a DLC, we are still discussing internally how to better implement it” would be perfectly acceptable. Most of us just want to get your pulse so to speak, hear about what you like and don’t like, and the general direction you’re heading towards. Thanks for the reply, I’m eager to hear more.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is exactly what they’re doing though with the blog posts and AMAs. We’re getting AMA’s on reddit monthly or twice a month now just for these things. So they can answer us and give us an idea as to what’s going on. This is pretty much exactly what we asked for. Even if we don’t like the answers we’re given, such as no Geneviève Dieudonné. #boycott

From the looks of it, they didn’t have an answer for you last AMA. So they got the official position and will respond to you next AMA.

Kind of ish. We’ll do AMAs once in a while (like the one we held on reddit) and I scoop up extra questions every couple of weeks for a pass through the production team, to get answers in between bigger, meatier, more interactive AMAs.

4 Likes

Ok, so just to be clear, where will those answers be? On the next AMA? Or will you post them somewhere else inbetween AMAs?

I ask it for clarification, if possible i’d like to read those in written form, as I find podcasts a bit too time consuming for my tastes. :slight_smile:

They’ll go up here in the forums and on the website this week (in written form).

5 Likes

While I wouldn’t have raged quite as badly as OP, these issues are basically why I quit the game after 2.0 came out. I was enjoying it up till then.

Only so many times you can get killed with zero warning before it stops been fun.
Only so many times you can get stabbed by an enemy THROUGH his team-mate in front of him so you get zero warning or visibility of the incoming attack.
Only so many times you can have enemies spawn on your head and instantly attack you…
Only so many times a single player disconnecting or having a dodgy connection can force 3 other players to restart the whole level…

Seriously, get the bugs fixed BEFORE trying to introduce new features or you just amass a vast pile of technical debt that just keeps getting bigger and will take longer to fix cos you’ve piled more on top of it. You can’t build on dodgy foundations.

Get the fundamentals right THEN build on them

6 Likes