I love this game, but I'm going on hiatus until it gets fixed

Vermintide 2 is by far my favourite game. I’ve logged >2,800 hrs, but the current iteration of the game (patch 2.0) just isn’t fun to play 'cos success is no longer skill-based. Completing a legend or cata level in the standard vanilla mode basically boils down to how many beastmen spawn. I’m sick and tired of my BH or Shade getting 1-shot by a beastmen that spawns silently because of the broken audio cues. I hate seeing an animation of a beastmen swinging his weapon, avoiding it, killing him only to discover that there is another beastmen occupying the exact same space because of hyperdensity that is swinging his weapon out of sync and that I cannot dodge or block. The audio cues on hook rats are often broken - they grab you with no audio cue. Assassins often don’t fly in straight lines - they follow a trajectory that will miss you and then magically teleport to your position. Don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with failing a level as long as it is because I made a mistake; but, right now, success in VT2 seems mostly attributable to the caprices of the enemy spawns and has little to do with how well my team plays. So what’s the point in playing if I can’t improve? Success is so RNG-based I might as well just play the lottery.

On the whole, I liked the career talent changes introduces in WoM. The new weapons were so-so. The weaves are just OK but rapidly become unplayable because not enough people are playing them to make them a viable mode for players that rely on the matchmacking system. What really irks me is that you broke the basic game mode…a month ago…and it’s still broken. Why don’t you just remove beastmen until they are fixed? They suck. The game is no longer worth my time. I put 105 hours into WoM Beta 1 & 2 and 100+ hrs into the released version of WoM and I’m just not having fun any more because I die for arbitrary reasons that have nothing to do with my own skill. If you fix this piece of ####, I will come back but for the next couple of months I’ll devote my time to games where success is not based on the will of the RNG Gods.

6 Likes

And what that post actually outside of whinning do ? Do you feel better after it ?

Unless we express our growing discontent with the game, Fatshark will never be able to gather enough data to implement future updates. Also, whining is basically forcing your opinion on others without proper explanation… mike137 is expressing his opinion with level headedness and evidence, so he isn’t “whining” >_<

1 Like

Done the same. Our premade completed everything on cata once, which is what fatshark intended I’m sure when they decided to add no better loot for cata, and we have zero interest in grinding weaves. So, it’s back to insurgency sandstorm we go. There’s no fun to be had snoring our way through legend and no reward for cata.

2 Likes

Yeah, the things OP lists do severely impact the fun of the game. When you’re just hoping you don’t see the new enemies in a map, that’s not a good sign.

2 Likes

Fully agree. It’s not realistic to look at these unfair and unfun changes and say that the game is ruined forever, but it isn’t. They definitely should have been implemented better, but Fatshark tends to release sub-par content and then fix it later on until it’s really quite good. I don’t mean that as an insult to the company or a defense of their practices, it’s just how they work. I’m a patient person and can wait if I need to.

1 Like