Vermintide - 5 Year Anniversary

just stick cool stuff in chests. Opening a chest and two golden skulls popped out towards the Skulls for the Skull Throne event was great fun and you actually felt like you were adding to the total by hunting out the chests.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just consider it this way: we get a simple anniversary update just for fun while theyā€™re working hard on versus and Chaos Wastes and new premium cosmetics. Though, the main issue is that this update seems to be a bit overhyped for sure. Basically itā€™s a silly hat and triple XP (veterans donā€™t even care about triple XP).

2 Likes

Voicelines on this map are amazing.

Congrats on 5 years.

2 Likes

Overall OK, but this XP reward feels so useless on its own.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the hat bundles on the steam page of the game. Is this just me? The links redirect me to steamā€™s main page.

1 Like

Players in some regions arenā€™t able to get these bundles at the moment. Steam has a rule that the average price of an item after discount in a bundle must be above a certain $ threshold when re-converted back from the regional currency. Some regional prices result in the average price per item in these bundles not meeting that threshold and as such they are unavailable in those regions. Weā€™re checking if we can somehow fix this.

5 Likes

Oh, okay. Thx for responding!

1 Like

I have expected something more for fifth anniversary. Itā€™s quite a big, important number. Meanwhile A Quiet Drink doesnā€™t give frames like it used to in the past, shark hats areā€¦ shark hats. Nothing special. Discount on hat bundles is cool, I bought them all, because I wanted to buy three before, each from different bundle, so now for almost the same price I got everything. Happy with that. Promised 1/2 week triple xp weekendsā€¦ Just weekends? Come on, this is fifth anniversary, not first Saturday of the month.

So to sum up, a promised weekend of triple xp, one hat, and a map to play, which you can play anyway on modded realm to your hearts content, with the same effects of getting nothing from it.

Happy fifth anniversary, heroes. weeā€¦

Blockquote I donā€™t see the hat bundles on the steam page of the game. Is this just me? The links redirect me to steamā€™s main page.

I had the same problem previosly.
But now, I found out that bundles became available for me too - the price of each individual item has increased, but the bundle gives a general discount.
Thanks to the Developers for their concern. It gives hope that other, more significant problems will be fixed. Somehow. Someday.

In order to get those items in bundles in regions with lower regional pricing we did have to increase their base price, so they fell within the Valve required ā€˜average price per itemā€™ index they use. Sucks :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeap, same thing here. Hats prices were increased but we have the bundles now.

Also last time around that we had similar event we were given twins ! I doubt that we reach the 2nd milestone without increased numbers. So that makes it even worse.

1 Like

It is less pressing this time as we will reach at least one milestone. It is easier to say: ā€œYea, you didnt get the half a billion but at least you reached the first milestone.ā€ Instead of: ā€œYea, tough luck, no cookies for you at all.ā€

Other than that we get free week. Letā€™s see if this will bolster the numbers. And if not, what do you lose. Triple XP. Negligible.

And if not, what do you lose. Triple XP. Negligible.

My point exactly. Nothing good to gain, no good means to reach that milestone. Just a meh event. At least twins would add that fun missing instead of forcing my hand to modded realm .

1 Like

And what would you suggest as gain? It should be good enough to be an incentive but canā€™t be so good that a loss would feel terrible.

ā€œIf you get half a billion kills we will immediately release Bardinā€™s drunken Runeengineersmith career. If not ā€¦ā€¦ never.ā€

A few weeks worth of shillings perhaps? Broader appeal than triple xp, though honestly I donā€™t think thereā€™d be any harm in rewarding both. Itā€™s a big milestone worth a bit of fanfare.

Shillings are intentionally limited. I donā€™t see FS increasing our income on that front in any way. But yea, Maybe the release of the July Hats?

In the end it doesnā€™t matter. The community would complain so or so:

• Shillings: Why not moooooree?
  • Triple XP: It is so pointless ā€¦ā€¦
  • Cosmetics: They should have been released with the game!
  • New Career: Why only one?
  • The new magical ā€œCure your diseaseā€ DLC: I have no health issues, what is in for me?

It will just never be enough.

5 Likes

Like many suggested before a frame would be totally okay, or a portrait or adding animation to a hard to get frame. In short something that would have some value, cause letā€™s be real most of us do not need additional exp.

I will point out when we have offered frames in the past, we have been met with ā€œomg a frame so lazyā€ so Adelion isnā€™t far off the mark. Everyone wants a bit of something different from the next, and sometimes they want it all. Itā€™s hard to get it right every time :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I wouldnā€™t argue you on that mate as it stands true. However there can be better solutions for that in the future. Dead sure you can deliver more :smiley:

1 Like