Vermintide 2: Winds of Magic - Coming Summer 2019

Heroes!

We’re incredibly excited to announce the first expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - introducing a brand new enemy faction and new challenges to the game.

KEY FEATURES

• New Enemy Faction: Beastmen
  • New Higher Difficulty
  • Raised Level Cap
  • 5 New Weapons
  • New Adventure Level
  • New Game Mode: Winds of Magic - Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic.

You can find out heaps more information over on PC Gamer (linked below), and we’ll of course be talking more about this in the coming week as we celebrate the 1-Year Anniversary of Vermintide 2.

33 Likes

Well… did not expect that. Very interesting indeed.

2 Likes

You guys can have your beer back now I reckon, whew

7 Likes

…And thousands of new weapon illusions and hero skins, right?

1 Like

I KNEW IT!!!

I am soo happy right now, I guess this answers one of my questions on the big picture thread :blush:

2 Likes

Hurray for the expansion!

Boo for the raised level cap!

2 Likes

Yes, FatShark! Well done! Well done, indeed!

While I knew you were no fool when it came to making an impressive release, I didn’t realize the new faction would hit the deck so soon. That is absolutely exciting! Though it may be a bit premature, I would like to say congratulations on your hard work and how awesome this release is going to be.

1 Like

Holy :duck: this is amazing!

1 Like

‘First expansion’ so we can await more (and a higher price) than from the released dlcs?

I thought that was strage as well, seeing how the PC Gamer article said this will bring perhaps only one new map.

New enemy faction gachiGASM
Still no new hero FeelsBadMan

2 Likes
  • Beastmen
    New enemies yay. :grin:

• Winds of Magic
    This mode is very welcome as well but keep in mind that it might not be very interesting anymore once clutching, glitching and using the lame overpowered builds becomes the standard. If you want to do a leaderboard you will have to fix BW and step up your game against abuse.

• New Adventure Level
    Well I always like new maps I suppose.

• New Higher Difficulty
    Sup what I always wanted. I hope this isn’t you listing WoM mode twice!

• Raised Level Cap
    I’m concerned about this. If this is just unlocking your true lvl above 30 than great but should this actually increase hero power then that higher difficulty is endangered of just being legend again. Also we grinded enough get that out of here! Don’t worry good games will be played for the game’s sake but such a thing is shooting oneself in the foot.

• New talents and a new weapon type for each character
    Great and the trowing axes are a nice thing (but you fulfill the prophecy of [insert weapon] + [insert weapon] dual wield don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

well they don’t have to increaser power, but new skill-sets are cool

1 Like

Holy moly. So this is not like any of the past DLCs, this ones a loaded gun

#impressed

This is such a huge thing on many levels, it really is a BIG update. Theres so much here to talk about so I am not really sure where to start!

lol if we were playing poker, Fatshark just showed a full house

We are all very excited about this too, FS! Well done

3 Likes

PC Gamer:

While Winds of Magic will likely offer a new introductory mission, Fatshark aren’t planning to create a new campaign of adventure maps.

Just to make things clear, when you say new adventure level, that will be a completely new map but there won’t be a set/campaign, or as you call it Adventure of maps like we had in VT2 vanilla?

There are going to be some questions that will need answering!

Like. Will Beastmen have their own property “10% power against Beastmen” on gear? Will this mean we will gain an extra property slot somewhere?
Are we getting a Beastman Boss to fight too?

1 Like

I really hope that we will get a Doombull monster and some kind of a Beastmen boss/lord as well :smiley:

1 Like

The only bad this is that we will have to wait like… 2-3 months :frowning:

1 Like

more like 5

:heart_eyes:

I’ve been hoping for a long time to see standard enemies that are more than just up close melee. That’ll put a new swing on things.
Also, I really like the sound of the Standardbearer being a support special for the enemies.