Vermintide 2 - Patch 2.0.13.1

This is very weird - I can reliably identify all those sounds. Maybe your sound settings are wrecked or there is something wrong with your sound setup globally?

Font is really ugly. The first game that I played was literally a slideshow, but then it seems to have gotten better.

~10 crashes so far, approximately half at the end of the game. Not counting the ones due to mods that I disabled.

4 Likes

FYI
These are the mods that I use and have found aren’t currently working:

• Loadout Manager
  • Mission Timer
2 Likes

Yes, the font has turned really ugly. Text is bigger and more pixelated.
I tried changing the Font text in the settings, but it did nothing. Turning it down to 16 or increasing it to 32 didn’t do any difference.

2 Likes

Since I disabled the WoM, I get no issues like this. Before I had those spikes. I dont know that disabling was the cure, but im sure that since then my pings as client and other’s if I host are normal

Seriously this sound for rattling and flamethrower. Way too loud, annoying. Sometimes you cannot hear hook because of the big clanking. There was no need for this. Pay more attention to assassins that vanish and in the next half second is on you without any pouncing animation.

The reload of BoP is … frustrating. Like saltzpyre has some seizures. Revert it, looks awful. Fix instead that after a rapier push-stab you cannot swap weapon ultil the stab animation ends totally (2-3 seconds). This is more important in my opinion.

Banners… nice, finally you realized that those banners are filthy wooden sticks and rugs that are flammable. How much time did you need for it?

In keep why can we stand on the chest again? You fixed this a long time ago. I hope you didn’t implement another old version and made it as a patch.

The chat… in Sigmar’s name, what the hell have you done?! Just ctrl+z. Terrible.

The connection: since I disabled the WoM in steam, thankfully I dont get any ping spikes. As a client, and as a host others dont suffer from it. Other online games (HotS, Diablo, Spacehulk - just to mention at least one steam game too) works perfectly, just vermintide suffers. Reenabled the expansion, getting the spikes again. Sure it’s not the game… and just to be honest I feel better not to see the beastmen, we are not crushed by 2 banners and a mino in the tightest places, and we are not killed by gors who do the “boop-stomp-hit” combo in less then 2 seconds. From climb to attack time window, the list is too long. WoM was a mistake to buy, sadly. Gives me pain only.

If we fix issues at my company this long like this patch came out, we wont have any work to do because we would have been fired/would have no orders to fulfill. Customers hate to wait too long.

1 Like

Argh! I really wish they wouldn’t keep changing this sound. Especially with how good it was! It feels a little light now.

I really loved the original sound; it was meaty and had a lot of weight to it. The one they replaced it with just felt hollow, like pecking at a typewriter. And the one just before the current sound was really good too. Very punchy and it felt great. Hopefully they find a sound and stick with it, because it was in a really good spot.

2 Likes

On the plus side, the Beastmen are now audible as they walk around. Might be a bit too loud, but it is a lot better than silent goats.

It sure is… it doesn’t fit the game theme. Why even change it… why change stuff that is fine…

If the goat spawns 1 meter behind you, this prolly won’t help. It seems to me like they are trying to fix the close spawns by this obnoxious sound, that is also way too loud. Instead of fixing the spawning distance.

Honestly, the sound is so bad to my ears that I would prolly have to start figuring out how to get some mod to remove the sound if they kept it like this.

3 Likes

Why change the font? All that did was break every mod that uses text in some way.

5 Likes

FS can elaborate, but the old font was apparently a bit limited and a pain to work with when it came to localisations. The new one has all the glyphs required and scales better.

But I agree that something seems off with its antialiasing making it look a bit rough (at least at 1920x1080p, VA screen).

1 Like

“The old system was troublesome to localise with and had performance issues bundled with it. The new font is more than a font but an entirely new text rendering system which will increase performance, reduce the time required to maintain functionality as we continue to develop the game and it should look less blurry / more crisp in some situations where it didn’t previously.” - Hedge

4 Likes

Yeah, now it is localized perfectly - now I see blank rectangles in place of regular cyrillic for example. Facepalm.

4 Likes

Dammit, why do these information have to be pieced together from who-know-how-many sources?
Why don’t we get all this here, on the official forums?
FS just doesn’t want to learn how to communicate properly…

4 Likes

Those kinks will be worked out. That said, the font has a very modernist look to it, making it look a bit out of place in a fantasy game.

Did notice a performance increase on my end so can’t care less about the old font

1 Like

After playing a bit last night I’m confused by the patch note regarding the Brace of Pistols reload. It looks the exact same as it has been since many patches ago. So what’s the deal with that patch note? lol

With regards to sound. The increased volume of the stingers is welcomed, even when I wasn’t having problems hearing them before. However, I would think that higher volume for assassins would be more appropriate versus having really loud stingers for Flamers and Gunners.

The boss stingers also seemed louder than before so that’s great. Beastman sound tweaks are very good as well (even though I thought they were ok before).

I agree that the changes to the in game text and chat box are…weird. Whenever I type it’s like there are invisible characters missing ahead of what I’m typing. That needs tweaking.

For the first time in a LONG time I had music completely bug out on me last night. Wasn’t expecting that to happen but it did.

Thankfully I didn’t run into any wonky patrol spawns or anything right off the bat, so that was promising.

The text renderer is a new system we’re using to improve performance and make some development tasks easier. As an early implementation it’s functional and effective at improving overall performance but it does have some teething issues we’ll iron out which include the EN client having only support for latin characters (Russian clients will support cyrilic and so forth). We’re looking to plug these gaps in future updates.

7 Likes

This bug is still around, confirmed as of 3 minutes ago if the two randoms who told me about it are a good source.

And i really do not like the next text font and chat system, looks really out of place somehow and the chat feels weird.

4 Likes

It is bugged. So it Boon of Shallya. Neither of these work now.

1 Like