Transfer save from gamepass to steam

Hey everyone,

Quick question, will i be able to transfer my gamepass progress to steam if i decide to buy the game on steam later on?

Thanks in advance for your answers :slight_smile:

i dont know but i would feel pretty comfy saying no

your logging in with a different account . there is the possibility they could implement it but its a pretty niche thing to devote dev time to so i wouldnt be optimistic, sorry , hope im wrong on that one :wink:

Hi @Yolodia this is the offcial response that was part of community update during pre-launch beta:
Will crossplay and cross-save be available?
We see the value in cross-play and cross-save and fully intend to support cross-play shortly after launch. Cross-save is more complex to execute and still being investigated.

2 Likes

i would think they have to negotiate with the platform owners to allow crossplatform safes

Thank you.
Will buy it on steam then to be able to play with my friends and to keep my save.

1 Like

I bought Deep Rock Galactic and easily was able to copy my saved game from Gamepass to Steam (takes 5 minutes to copy saves from one folder to the other)…why can’t it be so simple for Darktide? I can safely say I will probably never BUY Darktide if I can’t move my saved game because I’m not willing to restart my progress and I’m also not willing to buy a game on the MS Store. I’m also not willing to pay full retail for an incomplete game that I can play for free on GamePass…

1 Like

Doubt it, but you’ve best chance is emailing fat shark directly.

“Complex” means they dont see a business reason to do it yet. Since other games can do it fairly easily, its not a dev issue, its a business issue.

1 Like

I hope Fatshark considers adding in cross save I will be so happy and give them money by buying the game twice and buying cosmetics.

Or at least crossplay.

The game has become unplayable on Game Pass because of the low playerbase, either give us crossplay or save mobility, this is just punishing for those who already started on GP and are now stuck on a dead version of the game.

1 Like

Cross save is not available at this time, though we’re looking at how to make this a reality in the future.

Hi @Aqshy any news on cross-play on PC.
Please, at least let us know when we can expect any statement on that matter.

It’s still actively being worked on; though we’re targeting stability first before giving further detail on it.

Thanks for the update and have a nice Holiday break !! :slight_smile:

Deep Rock Galactic is not a live service game. All Progress is stored on your local machine. With Darktide all data is stored on their servers and there is no way to transfer them from Microsofts cloud to the Steam servers.

If the data for DT would be stored locally it would be to easy to manipulate gamefiles and cheat.

That is probably the right choice here. I wouldn’t treat your gamepass experience as anything else but a demo. We have no idea fatshark will allow for crossplay across these two platforms.

Been reading the answers below…
We deffo need at least cross-play between Steam and GP versions - would cure the low pop issue.

If the game gets padded out to be more complete, I’ll go buy on Steam… As it stands right now I’ll plug away on GP even if it does mean I have to start over later. The game feels like early access/beta anyway.