Toughness back on curios for veterans?

Evening all.

With patch 15, who has gone back to toughness and toughness regen on curios? Who has stuck with health and wounds?

I have my own vet build going, trying to mimic what I had before the skill changes. I was thinking one curio to add toughness and T-regen, with the other two adding either health or wounds - maybe resist vs gunners or snipers.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

I can’t go back to toughness curios. Playing a vet with sub 200 health on Auric feels like suicide.

Part of that is probably just how I play. I don’t like standing back and shooting, I very mucb like to play aggressively with melee amd ranged weapons. Maybe if you just are shooting toughness is better.

But for how quickly toughness can be broken, if you have less health every little bit of chip damage hurts way more. Something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Not really, it’s just not viable with the current density, and if you run VoC you live off your Iron Will boosted overshield anyway so toughness curio doesn’t give you anything.

The only build that needs one Toughness curio is my janky melee build that runs without Close Order Drill and Iron Will so my Toughness wouldn’t get broken in 1 salvo.

2 Likes

I know for sure I have one wound, but health and toughness? No idea.

Curios are so tedious to manage, I locked mine in 4 months after launch and never looked back.

1 Like

My usual setup on Vet is 2 Stam and 1 HP or 1 of each (Stam / Tough / HP). I’ve enjoyed running full left tree but dipping for grenade regen.
For the trinket perks, I’ve been running +90% Toughness Regen Speed (TRS), +15% Corrupt Resist, +10% Toughness, +5% HP, and +20% Gunner Resist.
Having a high base toughness isn’t super important as long as you build Toughness Damage Reduction and don’t take 2 consecutive hits in melee or serious sustained fire at range. I run Gunner Resist since sniper shots are going to destroy you even with resist and it lets you trade better with the larger amounts of Dreg / Scab gunners. The TRS is so I can speed up my passive toughness gain from skill tree nodes to reach 100% toughness again so I can use it to take a rogue melee hit / resist shooter chip damage.

1 Like

Still rocking the usual.

2 Health, 1 Toughness. Ability CDR on all, stam regen on all, toughness perk on all.

Effectively giving me 2 health, 1.8 ish toughness curios.

Don’t know if this is the most optimal, but I don’t want to spend plasteel on a new health one.

If I run Deadeye I drop a health one for Stamina, but still the exact same perks on it.

Also have a triple stam curio set up with stam regen, ability CDR, and sprint efficiency when I want to be silly. Surprisingly not that bad even on aurics. Great with a dagger. Let’s you sprint forever.

Also I’m sure this has been discussed to death over the months I haven’t been here, but I think wounds are a trap especially for aurics. They are not guaranteed to help you at all especially since going down in a bad enough scenario (which there are plenty of) means you will not be getting picked up.

Would that extra health have saved you? Who knows. Maybe, but that extra wound sure as sh*t didn’t. Also kind of becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of “I need wounds because I go down, but I go down because I build wounds.”

TL;DR on the wounds is that all the other stats are guaranteed to help you, but the wound saving you or not is very context dependent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.