𝒒𝑅𝐼𝑀π’ͺ𝐼𝑅𝐸

How do you pronounce 𝒒𝑅𝐼𝑀π’ͺ𝐼𝑅𝐸?

Do you do it 𝒒𝑅𝐼𝑀-οΌ·οΌ‘οΌ¨ (due to the extra OIRE instead of a simple β€˜ORE’)

or do you do it 𝒒𝑅𝐼𝑀-οΌ―οΌ²οΌ₯

1 Like

I say, grim-war lol

But with a hard A. Grim-wargh. I guess almost like how a pirate says arrrrgh lol

Well, found this,

2 Likes

I used to say β€˜Grime-ore’ for the longest time. I’d never heard it used in actual speech, only seen it in text in games, and even then anyone would just call it β€œgrim”. Switched to saying it properly after hearing Warlock in DOTA 2 say it.

I always say Grimwoaaahhh.

Btw take out the grimoire, inspect it with x (or whatever your key is) and quickly move it in circles. It’s quite funny how it’s little tongue spins around (sry for bad english there xD).

1 Like

Its funny because actualy in french its the same word and we don’t have an hard time pronouncing it [due to the tongue training of fench kis… Uh no of fench language]. I think it might be a french word passed to english language [like clown is an english word passed to french]

1 Like

English is such a bastard language lol. I was reading something the other day, apparently only around 20-30% of the entire English language is actually β€œEnglish”. Meaning the words actually come from Old English. The other 70-80% is mostly from French and Germanic languages, with a few words from southern European countries.

Yeah, i’ve studied the formation of language in europe and english is real one of a kind! I think this mixed origine is also why its the most spoked language in the world, appart from the importance of the countries that are english speaking the multi cultural origin of english make it a good international language.

I say GRIM-WIRE

Im saying GRIM. No ketchup, just sauce

2 Likes

Here’s part of our narrative from a few days back:

• (Russian speech in a matter-of-fact-tone) GRIM-WAH.
  • I don’t speak Russian. What do you want with the grim?
  • (Angry-sounding Russian speech) GRIM-WAH? GRIM-WAH!
  • Sure we can!

In the end, we got those pesky GRIM-WAHs and everyone seemed to be happy.
(I just wanted to add this piece to the conversation to show that for those living near the eastern part of EU, knowing how grimoire is pronounced correctly is not, to be precise, the biggest problem in communication in-game)

My fav is when people say they are gonna get 2 grims and 3 β€˜tombs’ (pronounced toom)

Its TOME ppl! Rhymes with the beautiful Italian city of Rome.

IN true orky fashion it should be pronounced

Grim WAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!

Red wunz go fastah.

2 Likes

I think it should be pronunced like: /grΙͺm.wɒɑː/ in English… if my phonetic transcription is correct that is.

Just say greemware or greemwire to troll people. Call tomes β€œtommys.” Lay it on thick.

Grimweaiouyr.

Call Tomes β€œTombs” for maximum nerdrage effect :rofl: (it works on me)

1 Like

4 Likes