The Sienna changes

The changes to Sienna’s DoTs nerfs a large swathe of her weapons across all classes for seemingly no reason. It’s weird to see that hagbane can still stack DoTs but fireball can’t any more, it’s also weird to see beamstaff be pretty much dead now, meanwhile coruscation staff isn’t hit all that hard since geysers never stacked to begin with.

7 Likes

i doubt that this was inteded. I mean beamstaff for example is all about stacking dots. Hope we will see it being fixed soon

5 Likes

Weren’t the DoT changes intended to buff Sienna’s DoTs or am I reading that wrong? That’s what it sounded like to me.

Can’t check in-game right now as my VT2 crashes on launch after selecting Kruber.

2 Likes

I thought that before they couldn’t stack and would be replaced by Bardin’s. Also lingering couldn’t be replaced with higher damage ones?

The change is that they can stack?

• Different Sienna DoTs now stackable as intended. Applying the same DoT now refreshes duration

• Sienna’s DoTs applied with ‘Lingering Flames’ active no longer prevents you from reapplying DoTs on the same target after dying and being revived

1 Like

beam and fireball are no longer able to stack DoTs

3 Likes

He has become too powerful now that Stagger doesn’t reset.

OH nvm I misread it. You’re right.

5 Likes

patch notes said Sienna DoTs from the same source no longer stack, so it seems intended but…I don’t understand the logic behind such a change

7 Likes

She got a double nerf because of the Venting change too.

1 Like

Beam is totally broken with this change. You cannot even ramp to the highest dot because it refreshe instead overwriting. Impact and bubble dot from dagger/flame sword heavies no longer stack either.

5 Likes

Testing on the modded realm, Famished Flame seems to no longer increase dot damage at all either while still decreasing your direct damage making it actively detrimental to use at the moment.

6 Likes

Yeah, seems to be a very poor change. Beam was strong in at least up to Cataclysm for sure, but not wildly overtuned. If they feel like DoT’s are too good, they should change them in less extreme ways.

5 Likes

Weird, so same source doesn’t stack, but different types or sources of DoTs do now?

How are the other staves (so apart from beam and fireball) after this update? Stronger? Weaker? The same?

1 Like

Every staff but Bolt and Coruscation is weaker. If you want to play BW play Volcanic Force with one of those otherwise your damage is going to be terrible compared to before.

3 Likes

conflag with lingering flames still works fine. But yeah beam and fireball are garbage, indeed unplayable

1 Like

Coruscation is practically unaffected since Geysers didn’t really stack anyway to begin with. Bolt is obvs unaffected since it doesn’t do DoTs to begin with. Flamestorm is also nerfed by the changes in the same way as fireball and beam.

Conflag is technically nerfed but you’re not really playing that staff to stack DoTs in the first place

5 Likes

but i would really love to hear an official statement here in this thread. Pls tell us if this is inteded or not.

4 Likes

Guess I just add a other voice here → Yeah its stupid and makes no sense. Honestly out of all things how did famished also get broken in the same patch.

3 Likes

even with famished flames the beam staff would be useless, it is designed around stacking dots. But yeah…buggy famished + insane nerf makes those staves unplayable. Currently the the only two staves on BW worth playing are bolt and coru.

From Hedge on the patch note thread:

This will be fixed in the coming days, yep. Removal of stacking wasn’t intended. Famished Flame will be fixed, too.

Rest easy lads and ladettes, not intentional and being fixed.

8 Likes

thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like