The Rending Shockwave blessing on trauma staff does nothing

This bug was reported before back in february and it seems to have been fixed at the time. But I tried out the blessing today and it once again has no observable effect. Attempting to apply brittleness to a target using the trauma staff secondary attack does not increase the melee damage of followup hits, nor does it affect the damage of soulfire.

I was able to verify the bug using an axe with the Thunderous blessing that also applies brittleness on hit. The axe successfully increases both melee and soulfire damage, but the trauma staff does not.

EDIT: I was using Rending Shockwave III specifically, I don’t own the t4 or any other version so I can’t test them.

Because this mechanic is terribly goofy, it doesn’t do that. What Brittleness does is lift the damage reduction have from their Enemy type. For the Trauma Staff the only thing Brittleness can effect is the damage of the staff-bolts and your teammates or melee weapon/blitz action. The Trauma’s main attack (the circle) already does 100% damage to every enemy type.

I’m assuming the sword you tested was a Force Sword, which also does flat damage to every enemy type in the game but Carapace, iirc. Try it with the Duelling Sword and you’d see it works as intended.

1 Like

Your information is out of date, go read the recent patch notes. The rending/brittleness system was changed to be a straight damage buff instead of a complicated armour reduction formula.

I read ‘until you do full damage’ as a restriction on which weapons would receive that bonus from their own language, which might be a bug if its supposed to be giving you like +6-7% damage from their math? either way the purpose of rending isn’t fulfilled by the trauma, which was the bigger issue. so attributing its behavior to a damage buff is a poorly explained mechanic to the player, since as far as the still relevant point of rending is concerned, the weapon doesn’t benefit from it in any way. its a team buff or for other weapons.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say. If you need someone to explain the new rending system to you please ask in the discussion forum, this thread is a bug report.

? You said to re read it

So uh, even if it were working as intended, it would be adding very little damage. Because Trauma applies varying amounts of rending stacks on the charge time, and at the minute everything is dying in like 2 circles anyway. Where is like 10% damage hurting even if it wasn’t there?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.