The new ranged meta - a prediction

:rofl: FS could replace them with cruise missiles next April 1st.

Aye, VT2 Steam reviews are doing badly overall atm and that’s a lot veterans, I imagine newer players’ll drop it and that’s that if they encounter too many bugs. Launch had a lot of bugs too but people liked launch combat and stayed around, a lot of people don’t like current combat (based on various reasons: bugs, nerfs, design etc.).

Yeah, in the patch 2.0 notes. Lemme find them:

Smiter is an attack profile here (not the talent) which has always been in game and applies to certain weapon attacks. I think it’s mainly certain heavies (exec, glaive) though, but idk all of what counts.

So it looks like I’m mistaken, axes got reduced cleave (from 2 to 1 target) while D&D and S&D got a cleave buff on lights. (Grudgeraker/Blunderbuss also got a cleave reduction. Apparently 1h maces also got cleave buffs).

:open_mouth: Found the Glaive one while I was at it:

Now we know why it feels terribad/keeps stopping short in hordes post-WoM @SmokerT69 and @Bankrotas.

That’d explain why it’s feeling worse to me as lately I’ve been testing out exactly those weapons and you can feel the cleave nerfs they got (1h axe is still good though at its role, however on glaive the light attack nerf makes it feel like rubbish).

Edit: @WhereIsBaoDur, as @Bankrotas reminded me, I forgot: some enemies got a mass increase, which reduces your ability to cleave them. Marauders for example went from 6 to 7.5 mass.

For reference glaive has a cleave (damaging) value of 7.78/cleave (stagger) of 7.07 (I believe exec has similar values unless they’ve been tweaked too). Taking into account linesman, this means even on linesman attacks (cleave modifier, reduces mass by 40% in the case of marauders) you can cleave only two marauders (7x0.6 = 4.2) per swing instead of three (6x0.6 = 3.6) per swing. It also makes you weaker vs mixed packs of marauders/fanatics or fanatics alone.

So I’m at least not imagining cleave being worse, it effectively is.

5 Likes