The IAG thread

People kept coming offtop in other thread about which one is better, so i guess new thread is in order.
Story for those interested.
Tl;Dr; for those who are too lazy to read: Some claim that columnus mk5 is the be-all end-all iag, which is clearly not the case with mk1 having a slightly higher dps and stability.

1 Like

Mk I is bae and objectively the sexiest one

2 Likes

I hate them both because they aren’t lasguns.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I believe the infantry autoguns are in an amazing place right now, as all 3 preform well and it literally comes to personal preference for which one you want to use. I don’t like the Agrips recoil pattern so I stick to the Graia and the Columnus, but it still is a viable choice. Try all 3 and find the one you like the most.

1 Like

b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7

Maybe it is only a feeling but:

Columnus MK V
totally in love of this gun. Really strong and the boost we have got in patches 12/13 is really welcome.

Graia
Tested it. I was thinking it was a rifle that does more damages and have a little less ammo reserve. My experience is that it takes more time to kill any enemy than when I use the MK V. I underlined the word “time” intentionnally.
As a result, this weapon seems a lot less efficient than the MKV even if the damages quoted by the game are higher and you have clip sizes similar.

Agri
Tested one time… I feel that this weapon is even weaker than the graia one. And so slow…

I know that MKV get a close combat bonus… but really, maybe it is totally a feeling and not real, but for me the MKV is above all others.
And believe me, I would love to be able to switch to graia, at least on my veteran.

Funny that. I personally find columnus recoil harder to control due to me needing pull down much harder. And this is while agrip after patch 13 for me became a total laser capable of beaming some unfortunate gunner trough the dome.

I mean, proof is in the opening post. Difference between dumdum columnus and agrip (idk columnus stats, but agrip had 80 dmg and 60-ish in stopping power) on chastise zealot with crusher’s head as a test dummy is ~100 dps which can be easily written off as statistical inconsitencies because of crits.
And my point against columnus is that it’s a cqc machine. At which point why not go for brauto?

We need more Laser Rifles!

download (8)

1 Like

I use brauto… but did not since the patch 12. Mainly cause I was bored of this weapon (like combat axe, like boltgun, etc.)
What I say is just a feeling. When I use a graia with my veteran, the enemies fall slower than with a columnus. This means that I can kill more enemies faster with the MK5.
Against a crusher, the difference is not significative, on this I agree totally. What I point is the average enemies…
But, I repeat, that’s a feeling totally not documented (and I prefer when you get at least few numbers)…

More recoil, but when you get to it, you can aim an head far away and keep shooting at it if you compensate it (with the mouse it is possible by moving to the bottom a little to compensate the recoil).
Graia is really more precise. Agri, don’t know.

Dps is not a very accurate representation of how a weapon performs. First of all it depends on the enemy type, which youve mentioned; second of all, you have to considered sustained DPS. The agripina mk1 has what, 40 rounds? 35 rounds? At max. The columnus has what, 60? 55? Now i dont know the precise rof on the columnus or the agripinia, but if i ball park it the pina is probably around 500 to 600 rpm, and the columnus is probably 800 rpm. The amount of time it takes to expend the entirety of the magazine is important to consider too, but how realistic that is in a game situation is another topic.

Thirdly, the recoil pattern/accuracy. Now i dont know which has the better recoil but i tend to think the slower firing is probably a little easier to control, but IAG in general kick like a mule and the pina and the columnus have very different playstyle.

Lastly, breakpoints and overkill. Fact is breakpoints is possibly the best metrics for measuring how well certain weapons will perform when it comes to ease of use (obviously with the caveat mentioned above) . Most people dont really think about this, but we all know how important it is. If a headshot leaves a trapper alive with 10 hp, it might be a good idea to build some perks or blessing that will take you over that barrier. Pina definitely has a much better breakpoint (or at least i hope), which is why i like using it sometimes. The columnus is not necessarily a breakpoint machine but it allows for a highly mobile playstyle, so you dont necessarily need to build perks to overcome breakpoints.

I will be clear that i didnt tested that. But from just feeling, agri and columnus take around the same time to empty the mag, while graia can go for a bit longer.

As i said, with agri i barely have to compensate for recoil. While with 80% stab columnus i feel that i am fighting for keeping my scope down at the target level.

That’s where the fun comes in. With punishing salvo + sustained fire agri hits the 3-4 shot breakpoint on any special’s head exept ragers and maulers, while keeping it at a head level for a horde with a trigger down allows for 2hk on trash mobs.
Another thing i wanted to bring up is penetration. Pre patch 13 agri could penetrate 2 trash mobs or 1 bruiser while graia and columnus didn’t do even one trash. Now, after patch 13 agri penetrates 1 trash and can’t with bruisers, sadly. Didn’t test if they changed graia and columnus, but if they still can’t penetrate trash for horde clear then it’s another point for agri in my book.

1 Like

yup, feel the same

Idk why people even argue over crap like this, just use whatever feels good to you

Yeah… maybe we like to have several choices instead of only one.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.