The Beam staff havin "all or nothing" crit is bad design

Right now you can cast beam until you crit, and then keep the beam up. Every tick is a crit, giving you temp HP and lowering Overheat (with traits/talents), so you can keep it on until you run out of enemies. It’s frankly stupid.

4 Likes

i did not notice that until u mention it , but i was wondering why the beam tick would not crit, so you dont have to “fish” for a crit" so yeah it seems awkward with this staff and some weapon enhancements, traits ect…

1 Like

I agree. It only makes sense for each individual hit to have a crit chance, instead of it going off of what the first hit was.

Heya!

This is a side effect of how we currently handle crits and very much not intended for channeling effects such as the Beam/Flamethrower staff or Drakegun. We’ll look into it and get a fix out as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting on the issue!

//Brytarn

5 Likes

Hey while you’re at it, could you also find a way to make it more noticeable when you get a crit with these weapons? Right now there is no way to tell with the beam staff unless you are shooting the dummies and look at the numbers.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu