The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000005)

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Every time I attempt to launch the game (from the launcher) it crashes on the anti cheat screen where it says “initializing” in the bottom right corner.
I have so far attempted to reinstall, restart, update drivers, turn off firewall/antivirus, start in window mode, and lowered all settings. I keep getting the same error.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000005).

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

I started the game, loaded the launcher, clicked play.

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]
Steam ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
11/22/2022 1:00PM Pacific Standard Time.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant.
Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

darktide_launcher.log (163.3 KB)

Try the ‘Selective Startup’ listed here: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/7830217759133--PC-Darktide-exe-Application-Error-0xc0000005-

Thank you for your quick response!
I did it, but regrettably it is still not working (same error).

got the exact same issue , not using any antiviruses , have even shut down windows defender + the firewall , still unable to launch the game, tried all possible solutions provided on forum , still no joy

Do you have the Epic client installed? Try uninstalling or reinstalling the Epic client

got the exact same issue , not using any antiviruses , have even shut down windows defender + the firewall , still unable to launch the game, tried all possible solutions provided on forum , still no joy

me too.

yes , i remove Epic client . still crash

@Satoru can u help plz ?