The Accessibility issues in Vermintide

tbh Zaphio’s mod is pretty well balanced (maybeeee the maximum range of hearing needs a slight tuning down) but in testing it, it most certainly wasn’t a game breaker outside letting me “hear” things that aren’t actually playing sounds when they ought to such as silent packmasters

1 Like

Well yes, i’m not against that.

i was just discussing details with dead_ranger on how it does affect balance when he said it’s not an issue. I’m just getting stuck on details, as i like to be correct and show all sides where possible.

And yes i think the mod should be in the game, along side more accessibilty options. I’m not being againsts accessibilty options here, might seem that way because i’m talking about balance, don’t want to be missunderstood.

Oh it does play sounds of completely silent specials? thats nice.

But yes, i’m completely fine with the mod going live right now. i have no issue.

1 Like

only when they’re SUPPOSED TO be playing sounds, yeah

1 Like

Agreed.

I would like some accessibility options available as I always seem to be assassin bait because I cannot hear them due to being partially hearing impaired.

how would you intend to balance it? it is not against fatsharks intentions for specials to make sound when they spawn (as ssen in a previous update, that unfortunately got removed when there were a few players who complained that they couldnt hear certain sounds when it happened). is it within fatsharks intentions for a globadier to be completely silent before and while throwing a globe (which only makes sound when its very close while in the air)?

A few changes have also been made to Vermintide 2’s Chaos enemies - Marauders have had their cleave hit mass reduced by 25 per cent, meaning they block less incoming damage to adjacent enemies mcdvoice

I am copy pasting my post i made a few days ago, Gaming with a Hearing disability
I was directed to this post.

Hi, as a person who suffers from a hearing disability I cannot effectively play half the characters roles because I cannot hear the audio queues.

My play group always has to take roles which allow for effectively removing specials at range.
Limiting their choices.

Is there a sanctioned mod which will assist me in seeing what type of special has spawned so I can prepare myself. And maybe an indication of direction.

I don’t want the thing to be highlighted or make it easy to find just allow to play with the same advantages the players with access this information via the audio queues.

I mostly don’t worry about hits from the back because my team knows my hardship and look after my back ( apparently there is a whoosh noise). And I always move around constantly blocking and run natural bond to counteract the small hits.

4 Likes

unfortunately there isn’t a sanctioned mod to sort the issue but there IS currently an unsanctioned one that many of us have been pushing to have sanctioned for a while. I’ve tested it myself with sounds completely turned off and honestly it’s one of the best solutions I’ve seen to playing with hearing/audio issues.

Problem is, as I said, it’s not sanctioned.

3 Likes

Thank you, i havnt tried it yet because my play group only plays on the official servers,
I will give it a try this evening and see.
Maybe i can finally give Cataclysm difficulty a try, where “hearing” those overheads from behind that normally kill you can be blocked.

I just hope FS sorts something out soon. i have been playing for a few years and being able to snipe will change my game dramatically.

3 Likes