Temporary Health - The Hidden Problem

Suddenly so many temp health threads.
So here is my opinion on the suggested solutions of this and other threads.

1. Remove temp health:
    The most drastic solution. The problems is the game is not intended to be played without temp health. In V2 the player will normally take much more damage than in V1.
    If they choose this solution (i don’t think they will) they also have to make melee safer. Here are some ways to make melee safer.
  • running attacks. It looks like they are not using the slot system. That means you can get attacked by an infinite amount of running attacks even throug other enemys. Same thing is when a marauder attacks you throug a CW. There is not much the player can do against.

• Downwards attacks of enemys are to fast. On stairs for example

• Boss 180 attacks need to go

• If you have a certain distance to a marauder, then you can’t dodge his attacks sideway anymore. Problem with dodging

• Reach on some enemy attacks is to high.

• The slot system in generall has some problems. J_sat demostrates it very well in his videos. He also say’s, and i agree with him, that if the slot system would work like you would expect, the game would be way to easy. Imagine you could always only get attacked by the amount of enemys that actually fit in the slots. game would be kinda easy. But in my opinion this changes if you remove temp health.

So if melee gets safer i would like that suggestion.

1. nerf temp health.
    easiest solution in my opinion. Instead temp health on every kill, only on every second or third kill.
    Of course that would make it really bad on weapons that already aren’t that good in generating temp health.

2. Make it a weapon trait. (My favorite idear)
    I like that idear. You could make that diffenrent weapons generate a different amount of temp health. I also would make that you can’t get that trade on ranged weapons.

If it gets correctly balanced than i don’t think it would be a no brainer. It just depends on how much temp health the weapon can generate. Some weapons with high dps and cleave should just not get temp health on every kill. I really would like to get a new weapon traid that can be considered to be taken instead of swift slaying or parry.

1. Carrer specific temp health generation.
    its a nice suggestion but i think its hard to get enough idears for every carrer.
    The first suggestion already (Ironbreaker temp health on blocking) has a few problems.
    It is hard to balance. It usefullnes would heavily depend on how fast your allies kill all your enemys. It also could be exploited. Leaving a few enemys alive so they fill up your health bar could be done in some situations. If somebody comes up with enough idears that are fun, balanced and diverse enough then this is one of my favorite suggestions.
3 Likes