SUGGESTION: Allow us to choose between Helmgart maps and other DLC in QUICKPLAY

You did miss the point. Fatshark planned on adding that feature in January 2019 and so what if you don’t like it. That’s not your call.

Please respect other people’s opinions and don’t be so judgmental.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Fatshark planned doing a number of things, but didn’t actually do them. So that is really not a valid point, unless FS states states that they just didn’t get to it yet. IMHO, that would be (have been) a really bad idea, not the first one, but in that case your argument would have been a valid one.

Funny, I’m being judgemental, and yet I’m just pointing out how Saltyspyre and you are cherry picking. It’s really awful of me that I’m stopping him from playing the game the way he wants to play it. I admit, I’m a bad person: I held a gun next to his head and tried to force him to do the achievements on Legend and I’ve paid FS to drop the feature that you refer to, just to spite the two of you.

1 Like

This is a silly reply. I didn’t say I don’t like how the game works. That’s just wrong. I requested the ability to choose maps - specifically to choose between the base game maps and DLC maps. It’s also something FatShark has considered adding previously, so it’s not an unrealistic or an unreasonable request to make. The only person being unreasonable here is you.

Several people have liked my original post and FatShark have previously considered adding a similar feature, so clearly it’s not just me who would like it, as you claimed.

Also, if you don’t want the option to choose between maps then don’t use it.
It doesn’t affect how you play unless you use it… That’s why it’s “optional”.

It’s a perfectly valid point but you dismiss it because it doesn’t support your argument. FatShark presumably has a short list of features they’re thinking of adding to the game and SirKruber pointed out that they’ve announced adding this particular functionality before, which means it has previously been considered as a possible addition to the game. Hence, your argument that it’s an unreasonable or unrealistic suggestion is completely baseless.

You’re arguing against a change because you don’t like it, not because you have a valid reason for why it’s a bad idea. The rest of your reply is presumably meant to be sarcastic, but it isn’t funny or helpful, much like the rest of your comments.

1 Like

Answer me this question: Why are there separate OkrI’s challenges for completing each career at every difficulty level?

I stand by my point of view that we should be allowed to add/remove maps in the QP pool.

It would be a welcome addition, especially to future players looking to complete their legend Helmgart challenges for their Hero Skins or just the DLC missions to complete other challenges from Okri’s Book.

Not only would players get to choose which maps (Helmgart vs DLC) but they will still be able to complete Daily/Weekly quests, pinpoint particular Okri’s Challenges, and still enjoy the QP bonus.

I think it’s a win-win for everyone.

2 Likes

This is a silly reply. I didn’t say I don’t like how the game works. That’s just wrong. I requested the ability to choose maps - specifically to choose between the base game maps and DLC maps. It’s also something FatShark has considered adding previously, so it’s not an unrealistic or an unreasonable request to make. The only person being unreasonable here is you.

I think you’re just trying to have your cake and eat it. If it will make you happy, let’s call this option an “improvement” based on your particular preference.
As far as addition, well, FS considered and actually implemented a lot of stuff, some of which was removed. So it’s not really an argument.

Also, if you don’t want the option to choose between maps then don’t use it.
It doesn’t affect how you play unless you use it… That’s why it’s “optional”.

Actually, it impacts me, just like it impacts everyone else who plays the game. I already think that the game has been too segmented regarding various game modes (hate you, weaves) and WoM cata barrier, and this would mean that further splitting the main mode, QP.

I’m not going to reply to the “FS considered it” argument, I have said everything I had to say about it above and to SirKruber.

You’re arguing against a change because you don’t like it, not because you have a valid reason for why it’s a bad idea. The rest of your reply is presumably meant to be sarcastic, but it isn’t funny or helpful, much like the rest of your comments.

But I have previously listed the arguments why I feel it’s exactly the opposite of the direction that matchmaking of the game should take - and why the challenge provided by qp randomness would be diminisshed. Feel free to continue ignoring it.

As far as my irony goes, you and SirKruber don’t address my arguments, but try to negate them based on how you perceive my character. And it still boils down to the fact that it is you who want to play the game in a very specific way and therefore want a change that would impact all the players. (And I really don’t want the standard game to end up the way so many L4D2 games turned into when people would make custom modifications on their server, e.g. gravity etc… There are Twitch settings for that, but then you know what you are getting into.)

Answer me this question: W hy are there separate OkrI’s challenges for completing each career at every difficulty level?

I can think of a number of reasons why, the main ones being a) allowing people who don’t want to play higher difficulties to get all the achievements of a certain type and b) adding lots of “cheap”, addictive content that would make the players continue playing the game.

Now, answer me this: why does completing high level achievements grant the lower level ones too? I mean, what is the point of forcing yourself to play the game at a difficulty that you find boring?
Personally, I do play occasionally on lower difficulties, but with very specific goals, and I think I would rather play something else than play this game regularly like that. I’m sure there are people who enjoy playing recruit or veteran, great. But you obviously don’t care too much for lower difficulties either, otherwise you wouldn’t have argued for this modification to reduce the grind.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu