SUGGESTION: Allow us to choose between Helmgart maps and other DLC in QUICKPLAY

Summary

As more maps are added the game the content grows, which is good, but it makes it increasingly difficult to play certain maps to complete Okri’s Hero challenges for the Helmgart missions.

I realise the idea of QuickPlay is to find a joinable map ASAP but could you please consider adding a selection box to choose between the 13 Helmgart missions and the 7 DLC missions (Bogenhafen, Ubersreik, Dark Omens and Old Haunts). This way I can play the basic game content via QuickPlay then move onto the DLC when I’ve completed it.

3 Likes

If you want to complete the Okri’s Challenges, then why don’t you run custom games instead of quickplay? Quickplay is more for when you’re grinding for gear.

4 Likes

Custom games when you wanna choose a map and host it, or lobby browser to join a specific map. Quickplay is a random map, meant as a bit of a challenge (as it’s random), which allows a player to get a quickplay bonus for completing it.

I would say your best bet is too use lobby browser or host games trough custom games. Unless you wanna complete the challenge passively while playing, then quickplay might be a good choice.

4 Likes

Helmgart maps are still the best IMO, and the DLC and Drach maps all have some flaw or another. Sometimes I just want to chain random quickplays like it’s the good ol’ days and not deal with the fancy new things.

1 Like

[quote=“KaelusVonSestiaf, post:2, topic:41290, full:true”]
If you want to complete the Okri’s Challenges, then why don’t you run custom games instead of quickplay? [/quote]

There are several reasons.

When you start a challenge and have completed none of the maps you don’t mind which you play first so QP is ideal for quickly finding a game. It’s only as you near completion that you want to select particular maps via the Lobby browser.

Given that there are 13 Helmgart maps and 5 heroes with 3 classes each, to complete the challenge for ALL Heroes means playing the same map approximately 200 times at EACH difficulty setting (Recruit, Veteran, Champion etc.), assuming you want to progress them gradually. Being able to use QP when doing this just makes this grind a bit easier.

Also, one of the regular, recurring weekly challenges, worth 50 shillings, is to complete 10 Quickplays.

This is another reason. Player preference.

Also, assuming FatShark continue to add maps going forwards, bring able to filter between DLC and the base content will be useful for new players.

All it should require is the addition of a search filter and tick box for “Helmgart ONLY” (or alternatively “Include DLC maps”).

1 Like

[quote=“Mattie, post:3, topic:41290, full:true”]
Quickplay is a random map, meant as a bit of a challenge (as it’s random), which allows a player to get a quickplay bonus for completing it.[/quote]

It would still be random. You’d just have more flexibility over which maps are included in the roll.

1 Like

Yes i see what ur saying. If quickplay only had 2 maps to choose between it would also still be random. Dlc maps also have challenges attached to them, so you can also start completing them meanwhile if you get such a map by using quickplay.

1 Like

[quote=“Mattie, post:8, topic:41290”]
Yes i see what ur saying. If quickplay only had 2 maps to choose between it would also still be random. [/quote]

I think you misunderstood me. I’m not asking for INDIVIDUAL map selection.
I’m just asking for the option to include/exclude DLC maps from QP, so you can either play Helmgart only (13 maps) or tick a box and include the 7 DLC maps also and any new maps they add in future.

No i understand. I don’t know what it would change tho, it wouldn’t fix your issue, you would still be able to get the same maps over and over.

Then you don’t understand.

aight

There is an option to Exclude DLC maps.

If such an option already exists (and I don’t think it does) then please explain how to use it.

Right click Vermintide 2 in your game library and choose the DLC tab, you can uncheck the DLC removing it from the game.

That’s a STEAM option not an in-game option.
It will also uninstall the DLC, which isn’t what I’m asking for.

That won’t work on the Drach maps.

I would rather ask for disability to trigger DLC maps, when host doesn’t have them. Multiple times quickplay turned on maps I hadn’t had, because someone in my lobby had them available.

That’s a completely different request which doesn’t belong here but if you want you can suggest it in a new thread.

I just mentioned it here, not going to create a thread because of such meaningless detail

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu