Strawhat says Fatshark is getting rid of the locks

did the emperor wake up or something…

It’s not happening anytime soon anyways

" This is part of this path towards improving as a player and FatShark wants to respect our time and for it to have tangible validity in the game. With this in mind, new menus have been redesigned and added to individually improve the different weapons with points that we will obtain while playing."

" This means that each weapon will have its own progress bar until we reach the maximum level, one that we should not follow if we do not want that same weapon for our build, but that seeks to offer a more constrained experience and where we always have control."

But also dont be surprised if they introduce a new kind of lock system. Ie, needing to max out a progress bar for a new weapon per blessing needed.

1 Like

catfish said save your bricked weapons best part of half a year ago.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen that comment, but yes…I have a stack of bricked, often otherwise perfect base score weapons waiting to be dusted off.

1 Like

It seems since that comment some stuff has changed however. Personally, the only way I could see old Bricked weapons being worth saving is if they are somehow translated to or close to the new 500 point customization cap of weapons. We don’t know how old weapons will function with the new randomized stat caps, so it’s possible that an old bricked weapon, might have a rating of 490 (very good!) but have it’s damage and pen caps low and its mobility cap high.

At least if I interpreted the dev blog correctly.

I mean they’ll be useful because they wont have locks.

Bricked weapons aren’t bricked anymore.

But what if it’s bricked in it’s max stat distribution department? Or doesn’t have enough rating on this new points system to get the perks and blessings required to hit a breakpoint?

if fact they remove the locks to change that by a progression system. There is still a wall between you and the weapon you want.

But, if it is well balanced and not done for hard core gamers (like me), it would be an excellent move for the game.

1 Like

You’re asking the wrong person. Post this point about bricked weapons in the announcement thread because it might, might, have somebody from Fatshark look at it.

1 Like

Yep. Plans.

1 Like

WE DID IT!

1 Like

I can explain to you in simple way

They did not remove the locks and let the system like that…
Remember that a lot of people wanted that they would just remove the locks. Still, even after the communication, several would just want that they just remove the locks and not this system (that I personally like on paper)

The system they describe is something I like especially cause it seems to remove the RNG part (let’s wait and see).

by the way: Community Comm-Link 27th July 2023 - #143 by Ralendil
The system they describe is clearly not what I suggested here. But I have also pushed for a forge where you could improve your weapon…
Here we have a system that allow you to craft anything you want, that will allow you to improve the modifiers of a weapon… in other words, a system where it looks (I wait to experiment it before) that they removed the RNG part.
There is still a wall. They substituted a wall of RNG by a wall of progression. I just hope that the new wall won’t be higher than the RNG one.

What I wanted to say before (so 1 year ago) is that they would not remove the locks just to remove the locks and that’s all. And they did not.
But, if it can make your day better, you can think that they have totally listened the community and have just removed the locks.

That wouldn’t surprise me, but atm I hope the max base score of items isn’t going to be touched by changes, so I will recover some nice base score items.

It did make my day better.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.