Stop Complaining PC Players

As far as I can tell there is zero damage bonus on console. Using the damage calculator that’s on reddit and needs a google doc copy: it gives perfectly accurate numbers for every ranged and melee weapon I’ve tested.

Specials have more HP on console, but spawn at the same rate.

Are you sure? Pretty sure Orange Chris stripped out the console calculation a handful of versions back.

This was the formula last year: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/bh6koh/vermintools_beta_release/elqz82u/

If you’re open to giving me a couple numbers off the dummy with no power added, I’d be curious to see what comes out now. Happy to be proven wrong and have accurate info.

However, I still disagree with OP’s post saying that one is harder than the other, especially on keyboard and mouse as they’re using due to there being less trash spawns overall. Difficulty is hugely subjective, and it’s not necessarily the game’s fault if OP struggles in randoms. Playing with randoms is definitely a skillset different from playing with bots and pre-mades and needs to built up.

OP’s argument really doesn’t help either player base other than just further making the two resent each other and causing a community separation.

If anything, it’s the fault of the certification system that console updates have to go through, and not PC players giving feedback.

5 Likes

If these numbers are a year old I think the BBB may have overwritten them as the damage I see on the calculator is exactly represented on the dummy, as well as if I do 52 damage to a SV dummy I see 52 damage dealt when I do the same attack to a SV on into the nest then die.

I am open to the idea of farming numbers, if there is something specific you want me to hit I’ll do it.

1 Like

Yeah, can you take a 650 hero power character with no additional properties or damage affecting talents and test on both the armored and unarmored dummy? Lights, heavies, crits, and headshots.

Should only need one set. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Sienna unchained with no talents selected and 7.5% berserker at 650 power and zero heat.

Flaming flail

Unarmored dummy
Lights 12, 12, 18.75, 18.75
HS L1/L2 18
HS L3/L4 28
Crit L1 18
H1 15 (burn 4.25)
H1HS 22.5 (burn 4.25)

Armored Dummy
L1/L2 3
L3/L4 9.75
HS L1/L2 6
HS L3/L4 14.5
Crit L1 9
Crit L3 16.75
H1 12 (burn 3.25)
H1HS 18 (burn 3.25)
H1HS Crit 24 (burn 3.25)
H2 14.25
H2HS 21.5
H2 Crit 26.75

Looking at some of the crits being higher than the headshots makes me worried I was getting by dual HS and Crit. But I wrote them down and then came here to report, if the numbers are not useful I can go test again.

2 Likes

hm that lines up with the damage calc’s numbers

Huh, that’s interesting! Cool! 8D

I wonder if Manshanko/Orange Chris can take the enemy health numbers and bring the console calculator back. I wonder if the stagger system caused things to line up more evenly.

Thanks for your effort!

How do hordes have more HP on console if they balance both games the same? They should prolly just add aim assist or something for console players, idk, controller’s just seem like a bad layout for this game.

They don’t. There’s less horde density on console. That’s why they have more HP.

Console does have aim assist, but it pulls pretty strongly, imho. Many players just turn it off.

2 Likes

I’m glad some folks are taking a look at this. The title was ( from my pov ) pretty tongue in cheek about PC players complaining.

I was more so trying to take a jab at folks that talk about “omg pc so hard vs console and OUR skill ceiling”

The reality is that console has no ui mods and plays differently because of hordes. This leads ALOT of players to replicate builds they find online ( unsuccessfully) that don’t take into account differences in dealing with higher hp hordes and increased hp specials.

OBVIOUSLY when you play with bots, you’re going to spec for special kills.

OBVIOUSLY when you pug, you build for balance so you can take on a range of targets ( you don’t know what you’re getting )

I’m trying to pressure the point that I’m sure Fatshark knows though. The win rates on console ARE alot lower ( but the community is neglible. I see the same folks in most lobbies when I pug and friend groups are pretty dedicated as well )

The game was largely not designed to handle controllers and the stat lines make dealing with higher HP hordes more difficult NO MATTER the number of enemies on your screen.

You can have 2x more enemies in hordes and STILL have it be less challenging than 33-66% increase in HP because of the type of weapons and stats you need to run to be successful.

It is still a fun game, but you can’t seriously play V2 on consoles and see the glaring inconsistencies in design due to framerate/hp differences.

1 Like

Yes. The aim assist is a liability when it counts.

1 Like

I can see how it would be an issue, if you have an aim assist that pulls in a horde or something.

Additionally I feel a lot of complaints from the PC perspective are from people who have played for like 3000 hours, you get to a point where the game isnt difficult, and thats just what happens when you master something, its not up to Fatshark to continue to make challenges for 1% of the population that super vocal, and not everything that is “strong” needs to be nerfed. I honestly feel some of the other top players out there just hate fun. Is Vanish a broken talent? Yeah, is it fun and cool? Yeah.

eh yes and no

the problem with things like vanish (aside from the janky nature of it) is that being a player and watching the shade or pistol RV on your team trivialize content and kill everything isn’t much fun.

Remember playing slayer during the ranged meta? It was a cursed existence

2 Likes

Yeah I mean there are a few broken things, but mostly its abused by people like us anyway, I know a lot of people still struggling with champion on PC, at 650 power, I think we still need to be cognizant that only a small portion of the playerbase does or is capable of Cata, I think its much more important to buff the low end of items and talents for build variety than it is to nerf the top end.

1 Like

ideally I’d want to do both (within reason)

1 Like

I mean yeah, then it comes down to us being careful we dont make bland builds again, the game sucked when everything was cookie cutter.

1 Like

yeah that’s largely what I want to avoid, there will always be a meta but ideally off-meta stuff won’t be that far removed and the only “bad” builds will be things that are just obviously silly like…nat bond zealot

ngl I dont like nat bond on anyone

1 Like

Bro, wait til you hear about my crit power flamethrower builds.

5 Likes